Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 [*.:.Origins.:.*]=Discussion Thread!! - Minitokyo

[*.:.Origins.:.*]=Discussion Thread!!

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Searched for topic, was not found, or was either too old
Discussion thread of Origins

Have you ever pondered one day,one extremely rainy day, and your home, sitting at your window, watching all those raindrops fall onto tree leaves, or perhaps your glass window? Have you ever thought to yourself "where did this originate..how did life begin..where do i come from?

Though, there are many scientific theories as to how we came to be whom we are right now, a human being, there are also religious and cultural stories, myths and parables as to how we came to be. Religion , i believe is what also inspires our hypothesis on where we came from, where we were first born, and where we achieved those things in the past in which placed us where we are today.

For many examples..
Christians: Christians/Catholics have a story in the bible that describes that the sacred hands of the almighty creator , God ,had created the first man from the dust of the earth. He had created this man in his own image, and named him "ADAM"(meaning red earth). Thereafter, the Lord caused a deep sleep to fall upon him, and while in an unconscious state took one of his ribs and closed back his flesh. With this rib, he created woman, and presented her to Adam once he awoke.Adam named here "EVE"(meaning life). Thus being the first man and woman?

Sciences/Philosphy: Scientists and philosephers believe one of the following two..
-That human life originated in the middle of the continent of Africa. They believed that the world was originally flat, and that all the countries and continents were connected together, instead of sepperated as they are now. They believe that all human life was in one shade of color, and different groups of people spread around different areas of the world, thus adapting to their surroundings. For example, darker tones for sunny hot areas. and lighter tones for changing climates. This also effected body structure and facial structure.

-Another reason that they believe is that all human beings originated and evolved from apes. Fascinatingly evolved with many many many different faces to become what we are today.

As you can see, religions can sometimes effect our way of thinking of where we truly came from. I can not say for sure that i believe any of these examples. I try not to think of it. The mystery of how life and human life came to be in general will perhaps always be a mystery.

Please discuss, Where do you feel that we originated from? Is there a particular religion that you feel is more correct then the other?

Please discuss, this is important for me to know about this, since this would truly help a lot for a project i will be receiving to do from school very soon^.^

Asigha

Asigha

Welcome To The Club

suukie all i can say is that u've been paying to much attention in world religions class
geez how can u listen to that teacher i would juss fall asleep actually i did that today ^.^
lolz ;)

...i will rise again...
{~}In Trance We Trust{~}
Signature

Quote by Asighasuukie all i can say is that u've been paying to much attention in world religions class
geez how can u listen to that teacher i would juss fall asleep actually i did that today ^.^
lolz ;)

Sigha, this isnt for religion..its for world history

Asigha

Asigha

Welcome To The Club

:\ :\ :\ wow thats a new one i thought it was for world religions lolz
oopz hahahaha well i'll probably fall asleep in that class too ^.^ lolz
but getting to the question at hand some pplz have different views on how the world was created like some ppl think that there was a higher power that created the earth like how can God being 1 spiritual being have created the world in 7 dayz

different cultures beleive different storires on how the earth was created like the aboriginies believed that the earth was created by or during a time called "the dreaming" etc.

n theirs other questions that havent been answered like did god only make adam and eve or did he make more ppl or humans. n also where do we go when we die? many of the worlds "big questions"
n thats wut i learned in world religions wow thats alot :D lolz
hoped that helped

...i will rise again...
{~}In Trance We Trust{~}
Signature

OtakuHanzo

OtakuHanzo

Mew. =^_^=

First off, I believe in the big bang theory and evolution. I really can't go into it anymore than that because anything I would say is just repeats of what most scientists would say.

Now, I also wish to clarify that I believe in a creator as well. Not the God from the bible, but I do believe in a higher being and it is the one who started the big bang just to see what would happen. We have been pretty much left to our own devices by the creator ever since then.

Perhaps they created the spark that started life intentionally, or perhaps that was just an interesting side effect from the big bang. I don't really ponder too much on this stuff, and I rarely discuss it simply due to the fact that I am no debater and it tends to spark vehement arguments with those of a deep seated religious belief.

I do respect others beliefs. I really do. I may not believe in them, but I give them their space and let them think what they wish. It is our right to have our own beliefs and we should all respect that.

One other thing I wish to note is the fact that I believe we are not just bodies, but we are spirits who, when our bodies die, go on to the next life. We have been doing so for a long time and will continue to do so.

Anyways, those are my comments on the matter. Hope they help.

Edit - I just want to clarify one thing. I don't, and never have, believe that the world was ever flat. Any scientist who ever says that is just asking to be pelted with rocks. That's merely superstition started back in the early days of exploration, just like how sailors from the 1400-1500 era would mark unexplored territories on maps "Here there be monsters." XP

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Sianthus

l337 Ninja

Well, my friend asked me this same question in Spanish class. Religion completly phases this answer, for, in my religion, God made the world.

The scientific version is mond boggling. Everythong had to start from one thing, but then where did that one thing come from?

Gives me a headache.

I'm not gonna say the religious theories are wrong, and there's no one religion more correct than the other, because all of 'em are just theories with no proof. To me, the scientific way is just more believable / more realistic.

Tiferet

Tiferet

????

i'm not very religious or anything, but i do think that we all originated from one source... :\

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." --Mae West
Signature

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

So many humans came to be because of reproduction. From the first 2 humans, more and more humans began to reproduce. However, how many different races came to be is one thing we have yet to find out. If we all originated from the first two people who gave birth, then we should be incorporated with a multitude of races and skin colors shouldn't matter. All in all, I can say that with races comes originality in the world, and we don't have to worry about a unified culture; we have plenty of diversity so we learn from different people, and different people learn from us.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

i think we use to be germs, no kidding.....
i think i have three arms and many feelers on my head and body....
i can feel myslef transforming into something that resembles an ape now.....
i am drunk and god made me stupid like a human is.....
i feel stupid./.....

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

In don't believe in religion. Religion is simply a means of controlling people. Did you know in England, that the church are the biggest land owners in the country?
Religion is simply a method of comforting yourselves when you know you're going to die.

I believe once you die, that's it. You had your shot at life. You shall never be alive again. I believe we are just accidents from a chemical reaction.

Ic3DOutV

Ic3DOutV

Phr33ze and Think...

Hmm, I don't know whether or not one has more "corretiveness" than the other, but Science is prove with facts while religion is based upon beliefs. Science can be proved, but religion can't be proven, only believed in. Anyone ever read the book Angels and Demons? LoL, Illuminati and the Church. I doubt the Christian religion method of how we originated the most though, because if that were to occur, what of the dinosaurs science has discovered and proven? Then the Ice Age, etc...

kamikaze6491

kamikaze6491

This is my DEMISE

Actually I love this kinda stuff...I always wonder that too...And I als owonder about God and the spirit and reincarnation and all that...

animefairy

animefairy

Bored student

i think God made the earth and other things! i have been going to church for almost 2 years now and i believe that there is a God!! i don't believe what the scientist says but i don't know about you guys!!

Thank you so much to soujiokita fro making my avy and sig! Mega thanks! *hugs*
Signature
Check out my userpage layout by Chichiri1907

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

I've often thought that they were linked somehow. I consider myself spiritual (not necessarily religious) in the fact that I believe in God, but I don't attend church or affiliate myself with any particular religion. But I also believe strongly in the scientific part of all of it, that there was the Big Bang, and that the Earth took millions of years to form and for life to begin, since there has been scientific evidence to prove this.

However, the Bible states that the world was created in 7days. Millions of years and 7 days are a pretty big difference in time. But maybe, what God believes to be one day could really be a million years in here on Earth. It could all be relative. Do you get what I'm saying?

Anyway, that's my theory on all of it. I hope this helps you some. :)

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

:nya: hmmm... this is a very interesting and yet very subjective issue..
everyone got its own way of thinking.. there is no wrong answer to this question. where do human came from? who really created us.? to very human thinking,, science is the closes answer u will get.. religion will come 2nd in line. because many tv programmes are showing that we human being have evolves from our cousin,, apes>>>>... and they can proof that we have really evolves from them!!!

so as young human being, being teach and shown that way, they will think that its true that we have evolves. and how can u teach them that god really did exist before and created us?? showing them the bibles?? but wat proof do we have? no documentary have shown that god created us.. just do some thinking each of us got different answer to his issue..

:) think smart not hard.. work smart not hard... enjoy

samu02

Back to Basics

What lies behind us and before us is of little consequence, what does matter is what lies in us.
I'm not sure where we came from but I sure am thankful I'm here. I like you're avatar by the way. She seems... sad. Guess she's pondering where she CAME from, eh.

"If faced with a life or death situation, an average person would choose life; a hero also chooses life, just not for himself"
"Knowledge is Power. But Power unused accomplishes nothing"
[CENTER][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/11.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

Im just dropping by to say hi.

Signature Image

PwnOXz0r

PwnOXz0r

The One

Quote by SilentMasamuneSo many humans came to be because of reproduction. From the first 2 humans, more and more humans began to reproduce. However, how many different races came to be is one thing we have yet to find out. If we all originated from the first two people who gave birth, then we should be incorporated with a multitude of races and skin colors shouldn't matter. All in all, I can say that with races comes originality in the world, and we don't have to worry about a unified culture; we have plenty of diversity so we learn from different people, and different people learn from us.

:BaAaAAaah!!!:Incorrect! The question was where did the first 2 humans come from. I beleive that's actually phrased wrong. Apes evolved. Different apes=Different races. Human developes and creates his/her beleifs. That simple.

Join us. There is no option but Green.
Be bold, think Green www.limerockcafe.net

Limerockcafe.net

ChaoticOni

ChaoticOni

Timeless Existence

I tend to be in favour of the more scientific way of thinking for this situation. People before might have thought God created everything, however, in the past, people thought alot of thing was caused by God when they cant really explain something.For example, if in the past, an event such as huricane Katerina occured, people may have thought that it was the wrath of God punishing human kind for something they had done. Furthermore, it was said somewhere that God made every creature perfect, so why did certain animals go extinct? Well, the list and stuff goes on and on, but to basically sum this up, there are alot of flaws (Some really obvious too) with how God created everything. What i kinda believe is that God created a single cell in the very beginning and it evolved, and after a very VERY long time, apes eventually evolved into humans, and also with other animals. This theory does explain how "living beings came to be", but it doesnt really explain how the Earth, or the planet was created. So yeh, there are so many loopholes and possibilities, and it is almost impossible to really figure out how everything came to be. Well im done, take care everyone. ^^

Koutetsu

Koutetsu

The power of Aiur overwhelms you

It's not that they thought that the world was once flat, it is just the movement of the tectonic plates that separated Pangea into the continents we see today.

Signature
"Shed no tears for me. My glory lives forever!"

SweetGrl

SweetGrl

doki doki

I am a Christian so, i believe God made this world and us! ^^

Live to Love, Love to Live~~
Signature

momoxyumiko

momoxyumiko

Momo-chan

I believe in both theories of creation. In my opinion, there is a connection between the Bible and Darwin's Evolution Theory (this i dont exactly know).

-- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + --+
Signature

+ Momo~chan
+ Smile for the kitty =^-^=
+ Have a nice day!
+

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

Quote by toxictea23

Quote by Asighasuukie all i can say is that u've been paying to much attention in world religions class
lolz ;)

Sigha, this isnt for religion..its for world history

o.O really?
hmm...it does seem like you are paying a lot of attention then...
i have world history right now and it doesn't make me thing about this stuff...
i only think about this stuff if i'm really bored...lol ^^;;

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.