Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Inspiration from the works of others - Minitokyo

Inspiration from the works of others

page 1 of 1 6 total items

buggydude

buggydude

Now comes with 90% more fondue!

i have throughout recent years been inspired to create mangas with full pencil instead of the traditional ink drawings. Fred Gallagher (Megatokyo) and Hiroaki Samura (Blade of the Immortal) have been my chief inspirations on this. Megatokyo and pieces of Blade of the Immortal are in pencil and i always thought that if i tried that that no one would like it or that it would pale in comparison to the neat and polished ink works but the success of these two works has inspired me to go on with my plans for my own manga ideas. I was wondering if anyone out there has been inspired to do or draw something by looking at the works of other talented artists.

Renegade Nuns on Wheels

verona

verona

Lone Wolf

fyi, all artist do. if you look at alot of the more "historical" paintings and artist there is alot and i mean alot of immatation and inspiration.

also the whole "non" inked look is becoming a trend right now and personally i think if your pencils can fill a page and leave it with a "style" or even the public likes it then keep it. but alot of peoples pencils are basic and dry and need the dark, straight lines to bring there image out more.

I actually hate inking my drawings. The straight lines seem to take away the loose style I tend to draw.
Paintings of old masters always inspire me. Great names like: Rembrandt and Michelangelo.
Music by Kajiura Yuki also inspire me =)

geneticgear

geneticgear

God of Wind

I think I get inspired a lot by other artists. anyway if you prefer pencil... then... why not?

Signature

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

Well i think the different between pencil and ink. is that ink gives u confident with your lines, u're less likely to rub things out since it's rather final.

With pencil , people tend to rub it again and again, it might be good in the beginning, but too much of it can be bad i think.

But i think u should just take the one u like best ^_^ after all people has different preference for good drawings

buggydude

buggydude

Now comes with 90% more fondue!

woah woah woah this thread went a little crazy here. i appreciate the votes of confidence for me but this was about the people that inspire all of YOU i already said mine. i wanted to know some other inspirational people so that i might look at them aswell.

Renegade Nuns on Wheels

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.