Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Changing up the limits on scans - Minitokyo

Changing up the limits on scans

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Okay, this is in regards to some of my most recent encounters with the work valuation and the fav limit due to friendslist whoring. Since scans do not entail any notifications when submitted, I find it pointless to place the fav limit on them and since they are only means of making wallpapers. I also find it pointless to count the work valuation for them since absolutely no one does work for a scan. Since scans are only a means of making wallpapers, I propose deducting the percentage for receiving a favorite on a scan to 0 and only include the percentage for making the submission.

Can this suggestion be considered for Minitokyo v3?

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

lunacrystal

lunacrystal

Am I alive?

yeah!!!! and why do can we only fav 10 submissions a week???

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

moonlight-shawdow

moonlight-shawdow

@riddle roses@

So what ur saying is that it's kinda pointless to fav on scans right cause I not on the right track I think

I am a member of colorfull wallies. free--wallers vectory sakura--cb
nugeneration timeless--rain celestial-luminesse

danielelric

danielelric

Indigo Angel

very good sugestion, hope they take it, and you're roght, there some people that leves up faster because of scans, even when the scans where not scanned by them, and so with this new rule that you're suggesting the level thing and the work valuation will be more fair n_n

"Living with fear is fine, but to enjoy life you must act even with fear"

*In this signature you can see all my nicknames* ^-^
Signature

Emma

Emma

Dew Dust

I agree with you Silent, but finding those hard-to-get and rare scans should deserve some credit to the person, no?

Signature Image

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Quote by EmmaI agree with you Silent, but finding those hard-to-get and rare scans should deserve some credit to the person, no?

As stated, the only credit the person would get is the percentage for making the submission, not any percentage for receiving a favorite.

Signature Image

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

i am thinking that some of the people in Minitokyo rely on scans to make their levels and their approach would be limited by this apporoach to implement this idea in v3....
i guess i am perfectly alright with it, i am a waller, not a scanner....
however, i think you might want to consider the feelings of the people./

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Quote by EmmaI agree with you Silent, but finding those hard-to-get and rare scans should deserve some credit to the person, no?

hm...i agree with mel but some how agree with emma as well. but too bad ill have to agree with the scan fav thing too.

Signature
oh yah?
can u say, GS/GSD fan crazy? yes u can. =]

moonlight-shawdow

moonlight-shawdow

@riddle roses@

oh now I get it. agreed.^.^

I am a member of colorfull wallies. free--wallers vectory sakura--cb
nugeneration timeless--rain celestial-luminesse

Emma

Emma

Dew Dust

Ah, I get it now too!! Percentage for the submission, but not on the fav. Yes--I agree, but I admit we must think of the scanners. Sorry, bit...tired...words meshing....to..gether =D

Signature Image

mado

mado

Ikaika

Quote by vietgurl5593yeah!!!! and why do can we only fav 10 submissions a week???

yup i agree

Me Ke Aloha Pau Ole A Hui Hau
( With Everlasting Love And Affection Until We Meet Again.)

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

i will agree lah, the idea seems good, at least it seems fair and will be good for that, that also makes wallers get more appreciation.
however i have a concern, would scan submitters find it more dissapointing that eventually they will find it lazy or possibly less than interested to contribute their scans since their contribution will be lesser recognized?

Signature Image

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Either that, or all that could be done is to raise the percentage for submitting a scan because other members do use the scans for their wallpapers. It can be implemented with the right code.

Signature Image

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

this may be difficult a bit, how about this, everytime someguy(waller) uses the scan and downloads are made, a very small percentage can be added for the scan original submitter....?
just blurting out, don't have to say anything.....

Signature Image

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Quote by Devildudethis may be difficult a bit, how about this, everytime someguy(waller) uses the scan and downloads are made, a very small percentage can be added for the scan original submitter....?

This could be a cheating method, however. Downloads could be easily made, even by the scan submitter, so I wouldn't recommend this.

Signature Image

PwnOXz0r

PwnOXz0r

The One

Quote by vietgurl5593yeah!!!! and why do can we only fav 10 submissions a week???

Most people don't get 10 a week. Not the good ones anyways. Speaking of which, Masamune, the wall before your most recent one was like a month ago right? See what I mean. Good wallers don't get that many a week. For scans it's simple. 3,000+ Mt'ers right now are registered. 10 a week is so the system does'nt overload. All in all, Mel, you put in a good arguement. If I was an admin I'd agree with you on the favs part, we'd work out a comprimise on that...but for the submission limit, I'm sorry but I'd jump outta my skin and just say "That's out of the question."

Join us. There is no option but Green.
Be bold, think Green www.limerockcafe.net

Limerockcafe.net

Quote by Devildudethis may be difficult a bit, how about this, everytime someguy(waller)
uses the scan and downloads are made, a very small percentage can be
added for the scan original submitter....?

I agree with this!!! :)

pamkips

pamkips

?????

wonderful idea silentmasamune!
i wthink it is very pointless to fav a scan....what good will that do?.....

idek.
Signature ImageEDD!

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Burn away the regret and dread.

Hvaing the scan limit be 0 and not including as actual work does sound like a good idea, Masamune. I do hope that is taken into account when MT ver 3 is up, and I hope they have it running soon because I am so tired of this 10 fav per week limit. I wish they would increase the cap by 20, I don't think anyone would manage t go over that in a week .
Btw, your new avie and sig look beautiful :D.

Signature Image
Dear sister you shall always hold a place in my heart

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

I think that this would actually keep people from submitting scans. I love MT because it is so many things from all over the internet/world in one place. The first thing that got me to join MT was all of the rare scans. We should all be recognized for what we bring to the mix. Without scanners, we wouldn't have wallers.... and I hardly ever get favs on my scans anymore, but I don't mind. I add scans to my favs that are great finds in great quality, I don't think that there is anything wrong with that.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

I guess I'm also disagree about this limit thing. If they start to set limits on scan, which I can understand that all people do is mostly submit scans, not a lot of people who are patient to level up won't get to the level they desire and some people who aren't usually in to fourms and don't have software to produce walls. This would cause probably half the people here to either give up on this site or delete their account.

Yoh

Yoh

Yoh The Great!

Quote by foobluedI think that this would actually keep people from submitting scans. I
love MT because it is so many things from all over the internet/world
in one place. The first thing that got me to join MT was all of the
rare scans. We should all be recognized for what we bring to the mix.
Without scanners, we wouldn't have wallers.... and I hardly ever get
favs on my scans anymore, but I don't mind. I add scans to my favs that
are great finds in great quality, I don't think that there is anything
wrong with that.

Yeah! I agree with that! How is people going to make walls without scans! :nya:

Earn money reading e-mails here

Rikimaru-jp

Rikimaru-jp

Katon Karyu Endan

Quote by SilentMasamuneOkay, this is in regards to some of my most recent encounters with the
work valuation and the fav limit due to friendslist whoring. Since
scans do not entail any notifications when submitted, I find it
pointless to place the fav limit on them and since they are only means
of making wallpapers. I also find it pointless to count the work
valuation for them since absolutely no one does work for a scan. Since
scans are only a means of making wallpapers, I propose deducting the
percentage for receiving a favorite on a scan to 0 and only include the
percentage for making the submission.
Can this suggestion be considered for Minitokyo v3?

well I agree with you about the faving issue but yet I don't agree with you about the other point because some scans require some work like cleaning it and adjusting the colors/contrast/brightness... and some don't for example I encountered some messy scans while surfing the net and I managed to modify them and make them look better by cleaning the glitches and some folding lines etc ...
so we can't just say that scans don't require any skills or any effort!
anyway thanks for the interesting thread!

*~* It's Not Who I Am Underneath, But What I Do That Defines Me *~*
Signature Image
Check My Gallery

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Yoh, you misinterpreted the whole deal altogether. XP

Gin, people would still receive percentage for the submission, and if any percentage, a little bit more than they have now. Since it's so easy to submit scans since no work is done to them, percentage towards leveling should not be given for the favorite received, and since scans cannot reach the top favs, I find it 100% pointless to place a fav limit on scans. This would eliminate the favs limit on scans and keep the restriction only on doujinshi and wallpapers. If members contribute scans to Minitokyo, then they will get a good percentage for that submission, while others can fave the scan for reference.

Rikimaru, scans should be edited at the discretion of the member who wants to use the scan. This is a belief I will hold on to regardless of what anyone says about cleaning scans. I do not think that the cleaning of a scan, especially after enlargement, is legal here in Minitokyo (yeah, I've been here a while, and I don't know crap about if scans should be cleaned before submitting them to MT - I'm assuming that they shouldn't). Only the scan in its original form is allowed, I believe. If it's a scan submitted by the owner of a magazine, newspaper, or any other kind of peripheral, then it would be a different story.

Signature Image

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.