Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Changing up the limits on scans - Minitokyo

Changing up the limits on scans

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 30 total items

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

Quote by SilentMasamuneOkay, this is in regards to some of my most recent encounters with the
work valuation and the fav limit due to friendslist whoring. Since
scans do not entail any notifications when submitted, I find it
pointless to place the fav limit on them and since they are only means
of making wallpapers. I also find it pointless to count the work
valuation for them since absolutely no one does work for a scan. Since
scans are only a means of making wallpapers, I propose deducting the
percentage for receiving a favorite on a scan to 0 and only include the
percentage for making the submission.
Can this suggestion be considered for Minitokyo v3?

first off as someone whom has submitted nearly 600 scans of which only 1 is ecchi i am extremely insulted. i go out of my way to submit works that have artistic merit since i am tired of seeing the 20,000+ ecchi crap scans that dominate this site..

tons of walls have been made from my scans and many people have told me first hand how much they appreciate my scans and the artwork. most of the time i post scans which cannot be acquired from say moeboard.net.

do you have any idea how many great "new" artists i have submitted here? more than the amount of walls you have submitted thus far..

if your "suggestion" went into affect; the scans would dry up like the deserts of Arrakis. i would still scan but only share with myself and a few other choice friends.

without scans there are no wallpapers and lets be honest most of the time people here make wall they DON'T refernce the scan or scanner,. for example : your own gf on Mt. her latest vector didn't reference me nor the scan. so how would i get credit? as far as i am concerned all walls should reference the scan and scanner.

next point: a favourite from a scan is counted about a 1/3 of a wallpaper. so the points are there but not nearly as much as a wall. which is fair. also the amount of favs on scans has already dropped dramatically. personally it doesn't bother me since i give about 7 or 8 favs a week on average. still the gallery section is rife with crappy walls...

as far as i can tell you are motivated simply because your latest wall only got like 39 favs so far..

seriously if this was implemented: the scans would stop & i would seriously consider leaving and so would a lot of others..

may i mention i am also a waller as well...

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

DREAM, however, it's been an overall thing about the scans. Do you feel that scans should be given favorites despite the current circumstances? I'm also tired of the ecchi scans too because they're the ones that seem to be receiving the most favorites. Personally, I would take a look at the overall picture because I've seen it worse. Call me a complainer, but I'm only telling you what I think would be the best way to go. Yes, I know, for certain, most members are here because of the level system, I can see that; without the level system, nothing much would be going on here. I do appreciate the scans you do submit too because they're something different, and I truly wish that members would look into that artwork by Yoshitaki Amano.

This is another suggestion that I brought up a long time ago, but I think it was overlooked...the value of a comment should be switched with the value of a favorite since members these days are practically forced to give a comment to other members' walls, though this feature could also be abused.

I don't know what to think now...ponder about it, and see what works. I'll end the discussion from here on out (I can hear you all talking behind my back ;) ).

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

Silent Masamune, my friend let me tell you a funny thing i noticed before the favourite limit. i was in the gallery and noticed a guy whom was level 50+ with a really bizarre ecchi scan. so i went to his page and i discovered that he was a member for less than 2 weeks. i was blown away and even posted a link in the sb. this should never never ever occur even for a waller. he amassed more favs from ecchi scans than i have with Amano and various other artist in nearly 10 months.. the ecchi and space walls are what gets favs- i except that...
but the current system should help to stop that..

so i post scans that aren't going to get tons of favs - thats ok. but i expect some reward for my work. such rewards include: a waller being inspired to make a great wall, a member discovering an artist, a comment and perhaps a fav. remember my friend once rewards are taken away - motivations are extinguished as well.

i feel the curent system has made every1 think twice about giving a fav but favoritism still occurs. and no-one has felt it like the scanners. don't you like to be inspired? i love to see people post scans that i myself have never seen. for instance i was compelled to purchase 2 Chen Shu-Fen books after catching scans on MT this weekend.

re: comments - not everyone whom faves a work comments. and such keywords as "cool, hot and kawaii" are all too prevalent.

so yes, i think scans should still receive favs. but clearly they won't receive as many as in the past...

DayBreak

DayBreak

The Prince Is Dead

Who gives a damn about levels? It wont affect the person it self, if you people think the higher the lvl= The bigger rep? Well, BITE ME because it doesnt work that way.

Signature
i have such good eyes for spotting talent *-* it never failed me -0- cept for the time when i picked bromit to be staff -0- -Queen Saki

animefairy

animefairy

Bored student

Quote by vietgurl5593yeah!!!! and why do can we only fav 10 submissions a week???

i agree!

Thank you so much to soujiokita fro making my avy and sig! Mega thanks! *hugs*
Signature
Check out my userpage layout by Chichiri1907

Sakura0chan

Sakura0chan

Nihongo o naraitai

That's a really good suggestion! I agree with you. :) The favorites from scans must be removed in the work evaluation. :) The limit of favs must be removed in scans. :d
i really agree with this. This is a really nice suggestion. -^__^-

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 30 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.