Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Depression-How do you deal? - Minitokyo

Depression-How do you deal?

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 55 total items

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

I try not to feel that way that often. Depression is a part of life though. What I do is quote a few lines that makes me feel better in some ways or start writing poems, start drawing, playing games, or be around friends that makes you feel better. One of the quote I go by is... " everyday is a good day, except somedays are better" and "when you're at the bottom of worst... things can only get better"

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

ehm ... hard to say but to make it short i try to profit as much of depression as i can because sometimes depression makes you more creative and you can draw or write something or if you want to listen to music it sounds even better than normal and so on. so i try to be some kind of productive when i'm depressed or i just try to distract myself with some kind of work (doesnt always help tho). but normaly i end up thinking about what caused my depression and try to figure a way out of the situation i'm in.

prozac

Signature

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

Quote by GOMFehm ... hard to say but to make it short i try to profit as much of
depression as i can because sometimes depression makes you more
creative and you can draw or write something or if you want to listen
to music it sounds even better than normal and so on. so i try to be
some kind of productive when i'm depressed or i just try to distract
myself with some kind of work (doesnt always help tho). but normaly i
end up thinking about what caused my depression and try to figure a way
out of the situation i'm in.

i must agree with you... i try to benefit from the negative emotion, but also figure out why it exists... my best guess is that life has it's own weeding out mechanism, we are meant to not pass our genes... it's the same as if you are not fit for your environment, you will not procreate and pass on the genes...

the weak die, the strong survive... X D

-repeat-

WasZanz

WasZanz

Doin my part.

I look at my baby girl and believe that tomorrow will be better for her.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

a closet friend of mine die :D well..don't know why but i just laugh about it (but well i've never feel nothing for him i was always thinking "you can die nobody cares" well..i just laugh but i think that there's nothing that can help you with depression..(if you feel lonely maybe with friends but..well in others care can't be helped . remenbering now he stop calling me 1 year before he die...so i just think that he can die ..in the end he die and i don't feel nothing for him..i was happy with him death (maybe i shouldn't start saying that things in public...)

frustration,friendly,envy,emptiness, unhapyness,unbrearable,Love,hatred, agony,dark,lonely,and in pain
you can all die..nobody cares.i'll enjoy

when i get depressed, i get really depressed to the point that i don't want to be around anyone and any thoughts about it will make me burst into tears (yes, i'm very emotional :sweat: ). well to climb out of the super deep and black well, i find that eating chocolates while watching some light hearted, funny anime helps, or listening to happy happy music. if those don't work, crying my heart out to the point of sleeping works ^_^'

Signature

zimmer

zimmer

uk.myspace.com/zairidesign

Thinking bad things about yourself. thats the worst thing one could do.
Insult form others are just like hot air. they are just temporary.
Know that life doesnt revolve around school life

Most of you are still in your teens, hormones and testerones will be tricky for your minds.
Dont think you are the ONLY one who suffer other could be worst,
know there are Millions for the like of you.
With age comes maturity, personality, wisdom and knowledge. Stop listening to sad songs.
Have nice cool shower. Think of your bright future.
Willing to take the risk to change for the better.
Get to know other races outside your own country/community.
Try to smile at least once a day.Cut down spending so much time infornt of your PC.
Try something new to boost your spirit to enjoy life. Get to know Reality and the World.
Its a Beautiful World,enjoy it.

cinnamonsin

cinnamonsin

spicy-sweet dream

Temporary depression will lift away eventual, but the other kind sticks around for much longer and doesn't really seem to leave for a very long time...

Genetics probably take the most blame for long term depression, and there isn't alot you can do about that, besides medication and counseling....

Don't ask me for the answers, I still haven't figured them out myself. I doubt I ever will.

Quote by DoubleBarrelusually i let my emotions control me,after that what ever happens, happens

same here that happens to me commonly when I'm depressed

xRedPhoenix

xRedPhoenix

Red Eclipse

Yeah that happens a lot in High School doesn't it? This longing to "fit in." Then you move on to college and realize everyone is trying to be different from one another rather than be identical twins to the person sitting next to you in a 600 seat lecture hall... So basically this struggle to be YOU without critism will come when the people around you mature. Until then, you will have a long and troublesome life- only to be lifted when you find a bunch of people like you. I dealt with it by ignoring people and staring at the floor. People pointed and whispered behind my back and I didn't give a damn. Because in the end I still graduated the top 6% of my freagin high school and everybody knew me for being the "gothic asian chick" even though I was far from being a rocker or goth. If you're getting physically abused, as I had in junior high for being Chinese, then you can take matters up to the principal and counciling center. Otherwise if you are not getting physically abused, just mentally, all you have to do is build up on your self esteem and patience. I have low self esteem and I love it. Low standards works great for my life. Study your ass off to get a B and you feel like crap. Don't study and you get a B and you feel all giddy inside. If you failed, then you knew it was coming... Ha bad way to look at it don't listen to me on that part. But anyways, depression will come and go depending on how long you live through it. Play the game out till the end. In the end we all end up as fertilizer anyway don't we? But until then, enjoy the little things in your life.

well i dont really get depressed...often i jus sleep on it or jus do my daily routines to get it off my head...i dont like my emotions to get the best of me...i recommend to hang out wid your buddies...it helps out alot

life is but a dream...
my soul belongs to meli-chan

I have had trouble with depression but never over fitting in or being picked on as far as dealing doctors and medication suck I usually read or watch movies anything that takes my mind off of whats bothering me

Signature Image

Nedel

Nedel

The armor, the rose, the one

I let it go on. It's not because I don't feel good that I have to listen to sad music or anything. I'll keep on doing what I like and try not to think about it.

(\ /) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature
(O.o) to help him on his way to world domination.
(> <)

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

Well, I'm not much for a lot of the things the ubiquitous "popular" crowd is doing/wearing, so I just sort of {{cheese alarm}} {{cheese alarm}} try to be "true to myself" (see? I warned you! XD). {{/cheese alarm}} There's enough psychopaths like me out there that we can sort of get along in the world on our own. I take stupid insults as compliments, and insults with truth behind them I consider and try to change, sometimes.

As far as depression goes, I think about all the things I want to live for--even if they're as petty as manga I want to buy, or stuff like that. Places I want to go, things I want to achieve, people I care about, and then I realize that life is worth living... I've almost turned into an optimist. Oo;

Hell, this whole post deserves a cheese alarm. XD

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

When i was 7 i lost my dad to lung cancer, when i was 9 i lost my mom to brain cancer, and then when i turned 11 my grandfather also died to brain cancer. When it all happened i just kinda froze up in shock then i started getting in legal trouble. I was incredibly depressed, and then i found this quote: "This to shall pass." Basically whenever i get down and depressed i just think "This to shall pass" and that happier times are soon to come. Sure it might be crappy now, but things will get better. I was kicked out of 2 foster homes and have found my way to some friends of the family who took me in and supported me through highschool. All and all my preteens and teens were some really crappy times, but now everything is looking up.
And if that doesnt work then you always have to remember that life goes on. If you want to make any progress in life then you need to put the past behind you and look forward in life. To bigger better things.
Another thing that got me trough my hard times was reading. Yeah yeah, i have heard it all, "Man that is dorky" or "Thats boring". But if you can find a good book and bury yourself in its world and realm of fantasy then everything else just seems to dissapear.

In the past I used to cope all them inside which turn out very ugly. It was not cool. I refuse to smiling or laugh because it more painful because I was lying to myself. Now day, I say whatever come to mine. I don't care what other say. It no longer brother me. I let them say what they say because they can't hurt me only me. In other words, if I allow what they say to me get t me, then I will end depress. If I don't let it brother me, I won't. As long I have that in mind, nothing can hurt me. :) :)

Signature
Come and check out my group Neither-world for half-breed. or Gintama For yaoi stuff go to my Yaoi Channel Blog.

unfortunately I get depressed easly. I watch TV until I feel like doing something else than cursing others. I should really stop doing that.

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

Nighteyes

Nighteyes

Lodbrok

Music affects my mood a lot so when I get depressed [which is quite often] I listen to something that will make me feel better. Usually some slow Celtic tunes to calm me down

The sharper the knife the easier it is to dull.
The more wealth you possess the harder it is to protect.
Pride brings it's own trouble.
~Lao Tzu

Madydiu

Madydiu

Pantsu pantsu~

If I'm depressed, I'll talk to my bf on phone or irl and cry. Crying makes u feel better ^^

Signature

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

i get outside and play airsoft, or target shoot with my airsoft gun

Signature
	Imagehttp://chatairsoft.com/images/zoom/TIYCVS/MP5Jsig.jpg[/sigimg]

depresssion is bad i h8 it ive been in it

its an area thats (i think) never cured because you remember what you were thinking
*shakes head

you need friends and huggs to stop being depressed...unless ur in one of em kira yamato depression episodes :D

most kids go through depression you know...its like chickenpox and school...nice to get it out the way.

be pessimistic so that youll never be disapointed and will live a happy life.

Mizuna

Mizuna

Lazy

Instead of choosing a right or wrong path, why not improve your strength of character, so that next time depression hits, you'll be better prepared to deal with it.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity..."

"One of life's greatest gifts, the gift of making a mistake."

sleep...smile, just make urself smile...a bt of alcohol...watch yakitate japan...look forward to something

\(^o^)/

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 55 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.