Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What to do when a friend is nearly about to die? - Minitokyo

What to do when a friend is nearly about to die?

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Silenius

Silenius

S.T.A.R.S. Member

Today a friend from college, who i'm just knowing her, told me that she has a brain cancer, she has to be operated, but she have 50% or to live or to die, also after the operation she may lost one ov her senses, but if she doesn't eventualy get operated she may die...
She's planning to get maried in 2 months from now, and her boyfiend don't know this.... her face is like she want to live but only because she's afraid of dying, i mean, ahhhhhh i don't know... i wanna do something for her but i don't know what to do!

kawaiikiyomi

kawaiikiyomi

..*trust is for fools*..

make her happy for her remaining days. we never know when her last day is. i fink its better to tell her boyfriend that she has a brain cancer. the truth hurts but its better to let it out. the guy has the right to know. her story is sad. wish i could do anyfing for her. give her all the support she needed. i wish her good luck for her operation :)

\"If you were\'nt afraid, you\'d be like Lorcan. He is\'nt afraid because he does\'nt love. To cause such pain you can\'t love or fear, but only crave\"

Difficult question...Maybe I would try to make her not to lose her hope for a succesful operation and I would try to make her laugh again! These are the things I personnaly would do. Good luck for your friend!

dalidadod

dalidadod

..:nya:..

oops thats hard ...hmm,her friends must be with her all tha time,make her happy and act normal ,well no body know when hes gunna die ,so just try to be around her and cheer her up .... and i guess keep her laughin all tha time would be lovely...
loadsa luck to ur frined

UmazakiFury

UmazakiFury

Activating Ninjutsu

I would make this his or her best days ever.

Destroy or be Destroy!
'Signature Image'

Yeh that is a hard question. Just dont make it sound like she is going to die, try to get her mind off death...recently someone important to me died, he seemed content and we didnt talk about death, but then again he didnt know he had cancer coz we didnt tell him...
Hmm about the boyfriend, she should tell him, but i would someone else tell him b4 hand just so he is prepared for the news when it comes or it might make her feel really guilty and awful...yehp

\(^o^)/

bheybeebear

bheybeebear

,,'(^__^)',,

i will make my friend, if he or she is gonna die, the happiest person alive...for 1 day i'll be his/her slave..after that..i wont say goodbye..'cause in time we'll meet again...nothing can break our friendship..not even death...

lots of love,
bee

kumiho

kumiho

every artist was 1st an amateur

just make his/her days beautifully, if it's not beautiful make it beautiful hohohoho, just make sure yu hav done your best to cheer him/her up...make him/her forget about the cancer...do everythin to avoid any topic tht leads to hospital, disease, or anythin tht can remind him/her bout the cancer

as to her bf, yu can discuss it with her, whether she wants him to know or not....or if she wants him to know, discuss who's gonna tell him....

the most important of all...make her forget about the cancer....do everythin the best yu can!

Signature
"pictures are beautiful, they can entrap beauty forever"

....to pray for her....

NightshimmerGM

NightshimmerGM

Seeker of Wisdom

I agree with psyho. Prayer is very important.

Life is our time to choose. It is the choices we make than show what we think is important. We never know how much time we have, so do your best to make good choices.

Don't try to "fix" things. Very often, people share their problems just so they can talk about it to someone, not because they want you to fix it. So, just by listening to them, you are helping a lot. If she wants to be sad sometimes, let her; maybe she just needs a shoulder to cry on...

--There is more to life than just living.

saiyukifan

saiyukifan

GOMENASAI EVERYONE. :(

in my opinion... you're lucky. even though I'm just twelve years old, last year, a friend of mine died from a brain problem and commatose. We never got to spend time together after he was sent to the hospital... I thought he'd come back but he didn't... oh well, I know he's in heaven now and he's watching me. Oh yeah, about your problem... spend her remaining days making her happy. Give her something that she'll never regret having. Make a promise that no matter what happens, you'd be her friend. Sorry for being too emotional... just miss my classmate. ^_^ just be happy with her... and whatever tear you cry on her death, just cry tears of joy that she's finally out of the misery of having brain cancer. -_- and pray for her of course.... oh... and she should tell the boyfriend so that they could actually get married NOW or something. 2 months can't wait. That would be her last wish... to get married... I think.

Signature
Sunlight is what I want, but sunlight ignores me... I wish I would someday be freed from this darkness by someone who will love me forever and ever... no more pain at all with him... no more pain and tears... because I will love him...
~thanks to~
k1ru for my ava and sig! ^_^

Aeya

Aeya

Mirror to your Soul

Well.. I know what you're feeling :( A friend of mine also has cancer... And the sad thing is that she's only 14 years old.. They say that there's a great chance that she'll die...

I think that all you can do is try to make her happy, and hope, hope, hope! There's always hope that she'll survive, and she can live! It's very important.. Just be with her! She definitely needs you now..

I show not your fate but your heart's desire..
Signature Image
You see things and you say; "Why?" but I dream things that never were, and I say; "Why not?"

Holy **** this is messed up and sad as hell. Hey I'm dumb when it comes to stuff like this I can't really give you a good advice but you know, just hang around with her make her as happy as possible and damn give her one good hug to make her feel safe, that's all I can say.

As for how you would deal with your feelings and stuff I honestly don't know, losing a friend is terrible, hang in there she'll prolly be fine after the operation, after all it's the 21st century I'm sure her parents will find some really good doctors for her.

yeah probably make your friend feel good and try to confort him by any ways possible and stiff keep hopes up

Carmen

Carmen

Alaba a Dios

You can be there for her... and pray for her. God will always listen to you, and he can heal her throught the operation (or without it). And God always know what is better for anyone. We will never understand why things like that happend... but God will help her if you pray for her.
And I think that she should tell her fiance... because she will need his support too...
I will pray for her too...

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.