Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 [MATH] a little harder one - Minitokyo

[MATH] a little harder one

page 1 of 1 14 total items

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

x = e^((4+3i)x)
y = 12e^((-5+4i)x)

What is xy?

Can anyone solve is step by step?
i = imaginary number ^_^

-repeat-

one question, x isn't a whole # or a real #, right? if yes, then I'm not gonna bother to do it, I have no clue.

edit: it can't be, I can't think of a way to cancel out the i. dude, you're making this too difficult, ...no...maybe I'm just no smart enough to figure this out. x.x

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

lol, its not an easy one...

-repeat-

j0n0

j0n0

Increadibly Cute

This isn't that hard. The answer is xy = jjasdkfjljvviruskjhvisrus.jkdlfuckjfdsljdf

An eye for an eye brings justice, but it is compassion that changes a man.

Another point of view doesn't necessarily make yours more or less right.

tevi

tevi

Misa's evil twin

xy =
12e^[((4+3i)x) + ((-5+4i)x)]
12e^[x(4+3i-5+4i)]
12e^[x(-1+7i)]

*blank* Tell me if I'm right?
Is the answer further than this? ~_~

Signature Image

- same person; no difference at all, just a different sex

^ can you leave a X on the left side of the equation???

I thought xy has to equal certain #... if not, then is xy = 12e^[2x^2(-32+i)]??

v that's because I thought you can

tevi

tevi

Misa's evil twin

Err, you've still got an x on both sides though... ~_~

And I don't know... I can't get rid of the e^x...

<edit> Well, err, I assumed it's not right to still have the x... Which is why I said "I can't get rid of the e^x"

Err, how did you get 2x? When you multiply e's, you *add* the indices...

Signature Image

- same person; no difference at all, just a different sex

^ try natural logs...I think ^_^'

leosama84

leosama84

::Peace Maker::

Quote by j0n0This isn't that hard. The answer is xy = jjasdkfjljvviruskjhvisrus.jkdlfuckjfdsljdf

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Signature
-----My Latest Wallpaper: "Inner Power, Unleashed!!"-----
------------"Subtlety Is Not A Virtue!"------------

hey jasaiyajin, my calculator told me the answer to xy is 9.974058285E-11-1.335133474E-10i, now will you please reveal the steps now??! lol

okay, here's my third/forth whatever try (after tevi's)
xy= 12e^[(4X+3Xi)+(-5X+4Xi)
xy= 12e^(-X+7Xi)
xy= 12e^ (-25+175i)
xy= 9.974058285E-11-1.335133474E-10i

tevi: "Err, how did you get 2x? When you multiply e's, you *add* the indices..."
lol, yeah, I wasn't thinking, I forgot how to do these. I had to set myself an example in order to think that's the way to do it, lol oh lord....

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

tavi got it... lol

-repeat-

except...x is on both sides...making it incorrect...or is it just fine for here?

j0n0

j0n0

Increadibly Cute

no taffystar, you still can define a variable that is dependant on itself. These kind of equations or typically called differeantial equations or trancendental equations (two are not the same). The operations that were done to get xy aren't illigal in math, it was just basic algebra manipulations. The only thing happens was the x = e^((4+3i)x),- a trancendental equation- made the xy also a trancendental equation.

An eye for an eye brings justice, but it is compassion that changes a man.

Another point of view doesn't necessarily make yours more or less right.

meh, my teacher always told us to get all the x's on one side, even with differential functions and definitely with transcendental functions. Maybe not incorrect, persay, maybe...incomplete

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.