Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime and our culture - Minitokyo

Anime and our culture

page 1 of 1 2 total items

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

Anime is becoming really popular among people and especially among some of the Asian people. However somethimes when we really begin to like anime we also tend to like the Japanese culture itself, because Anime came from Japan. We also tend to swap it for our culture making us more Japanese and thinking that Japanese stuff are cool and so on. However to swap our culture for just anime seems so not worth it. Especially among Asian families that have memories of the Japanese attacking them. My mom and dad always say that the Japanese are evil of course I ignore them, but I don't ignore thier stories because I know that was what they felt during WWII. I like Anime and I like the Japanese culture, but I don't swap it for my culture. I am Chinese and I know a lot about Chinese history, especially the period where the Communist Party ruled China. My cousin dared said to me that I swaped my culture for the Japanese because of anime. I was offened, because at times I also didn't like the Japanese because what they did to my heritage, but I never swaped my culture for it, I like both. Also I know much about the Chinese culture and she still said it. I am at conflict by it, but I still like both cultures.

My view is that every country has it's bad history we need to acknowledge. Like Japan's history, China also has it's bad history like annexing Tibet and other autonmious regions, the Great Leap Forward, the Tiennemin Square massacare, Flong Gong sect, and etc. America is the same, the massacare of native Americans, installing dictators in the Cold War, and etc.

As Karl Marx had said in the last sentence of the "Communist Manifesto,"
"Anime fans around the world unite!"
Create a revolution for anime.

Leesil

Leesil

Tenshi no Tasogare

While many people do tend to gravitate towards Japanese cultural ideas, thanks to anime, its only the pop culture aspects of it. Its not like people see the real Japan, just as the psuedo-Western ideas most Asian countries have is not the real Western culture. Finally, as a side note, America is a melting pot of cultural ideas that has so few of its own, its hard to tell where one ends and another begins.

Within the darkness, the angel dreams;
Within the light, the devil contemplates.
'Tween the two, my soul does swing.

page 1 of 1 2 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.