Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 To use a walkthrough/ Player's guide or not? - Minitokyo

To use a walkthrough/ Player's guide or not?

page 1 of 1 11 total items

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

When I by an RPG game I want to complete the game perfectly, but I also want to be dependent on playing the game without help. Without the player's guide I am not sure if I am doing everything perfectly, but with the player's guide I am constanly dependent on it. What should I do?

As Karl Marx had said in the last sentence of the "Communist Manifesto,"
"Anime fans around the world unite!"
Create a revolution for anime.

well u can do what i do beat the game by yourself then after that, u look into a guide on the net to see what rare items or secret dungeons u have missed , sometimes i play a game the 2nd time with a guide so depends on what u like to do

As long as you don't actually buy the guides there's nothing wrong with using one. Using walkthroughs is IMO very different from using cheats so feel free to use guides and don't feel bad about it man, I use guides when I don't feel like thinking or when I don't want to miss something in an RPG like in the Suikoden games.

Just head over to GameFAQs and use the walkthroughs there, don't buy guides IMO it's not worth it.

I think it's better to use a guide only if you're really stuck or if it's the second time you play it and want to "find" what you've missed before...

I think that playing a RPG with a guide would spoil all the fun. It would be more like just watching a story or just making the rigth things to the rigth moments (without intuition, luck...).

And GameFaqs is really a site to know.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

Odysseus

Odysseus

Still searching...

That's all a matter of opinion. I, personally, enjoy playing through the game once without aid of any sort, and then playing through a second time after looking at an FAQ to see how much I missed. To me, it's more fun that way. Plus, it also give you a reason to play through an RPG a second time since chances are some stuff was missed. Hence, extending the lifetime of the game. But maybe that's just me. Oh and like was said above, just head to GameFAQ's for guides.

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

Also another thing I am concerned about walkthroughs and Player's guides is that they spoil the game. Like when I bought the Xenosaga II game and player's guide The game wasn't interresting anymore, because it spoiled all the enemy stats and journies. But without a player's guide I might miss side stories and stuff.

As Karl Marx had said in the last sentence of the "Communist Manifesto,"
"Anime fans around the world unite!"
Create a revolution for anime.

sometimes you NEED it. GAme makers sometimes think you know what to do all the time.

For RPGs use the guide. The onething about RPGs is that, even if you try to to everything, you're still missing out on alot. Like for instance, when I reached near the end of Final Fantasy X-2 I only had around fifty percent and I had to start over kotor 2 because I had missed a whole lot of stuff. Basically, use the guide if you know for sure your messing up on RPGs but for any other type of game make sure you beat it first and then use the guide.

In order to obtain, something of equal value must be lost. This is the first law of equivalent exchange

satan123

satan123

Supreme ruler of HELL

it's very difficullt if you wanna complete the game 100% without the walkthrough.....
sometimes you'll need it...

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

momoxyumiko

momoxyumiko

Momo-chan

Guides save you from wasting time but they can also make you become dependent on them.... Just use them moderately and it will be OK. ;)

-- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + --+
Signature

+ Momo~chan
+ Smile for the kitty =^-^=
+ Have a nice day!
+

Kondo

Bunny Ronin

Well, I think that using a walkthrough is OK, but I tend to try and not use them, unitl you've reached the final boss or something like that. Then you can explore all of the other possibilities and extras of the game, before finishing it completely.

(\_/)
( . .)
c(")(")
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Proud Member of::[BunnyWorldDomination]::[Bleach]

The Bible::[Vol.1]::[Vol.2]::[Vol.3]

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.