Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 I think movies and manga make people depressed!!! - Minitokyo

I think movies and manga make people depressed!!!

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 69 total items

Freaks, sorry that some people in here are making extremely rude and inappropriate comments that are not related at all to your original question. Not to those who disagree with the post, but to those that are making personal attacks (stupid stuff like "you're retarded" and i don't like your sig"): shut up and don't say anything at all if it's worthless attacks on people.

Ahem, sorry. Reading some of these posts just made me really angry. Back to the topic at hand. Yeah I get what you mean because watching anime and reading manga you often see students like myself (and I think you can relate in that aspect?) who have a whole other life going on for them, and all these other things that make me think, "Dang, I wish that'd happen to me." And then reality strikes and there's no escape from the current situation like anime/manga characters get - I won't magically get powers or get transported into some other world. I'm just - here... and suffering through math. Heh. There's my take / rant on the subject anyway. :)

Signature Image

It depends on the person. If u make anime/manga take over u'r world, ur doomed.

Mikoami

Mikoami

Hiatus-Up by FEB 20 '08

But it could also help you ^__^ some mangas are inspirational, no matter what trouble the characters go through, they never give up and keep on going. Even if something is hard, you have to keep on doing so at the end you will be stronger! Well thats what some manga's might have. Though i agree some of the them are depressing *cries* and and its sad that we can't magically disappear! Though you can make your life magical yourself just like in anime and manga! though i suggest not to go around waving a magic wand..................Ahem anyways, yep.
But i think that it can be both depressing and not...depressing...

well i hope that had some meaning..............>___>

movies and anime dont make me depressed.. they only make me wanna be able to do those kind of thigs they do in the movies/animes ^_^
and that certainly doesnt make me depressed cuz i laugh my behind off because of that xD

Gee, can't both side try to be more polite? A thread was created and members interested leave their comments. But to be honest your thread initially confused me and some people did reply in a way that was kind of impolite.

Your second response was not polite rubuttal but more of like, "You wanna fight? C'mon." type impression which is tit-for-tat. Perhaps some people did not take you seriously because of the way you wrote your thread did not seem to match with the subject title.

After reading your thread carefully I see why you wrote it like that. Well, for me anime and movies are an temporary escape from drudgery of real life. It is an entertainment so it is doing its job. I do see that you are not happy with your current situation in life which is too bad. But I also believe that as long as you are in school that means there is something you can do to make your life better down the road. Life is a challenge but it is up to you to make it better or for worse.

All I can say is try to do your best, graduate, fine a nice job and most important to enjoy life.

SamuraiHaruko

SamuraiHaruko

Butterfly

Hobby. It help heh he ^^-

Magically Delicious, yo.

it's funny how people try to break down your simple expressions,and judge you by it.people need to relax and stop acting like know-it alls.i feel you on how things can get you depressed.animes get me depressed at times because i subconsciously compare it with my actual life.in retrospect it's not really animes that makes me feel this way,it's my lifestyle.everything in life "depends" on the eye of the beholder.every one is different and every one will see differently.and i respect your vision.good day to you.

MizuhofanFFX2

MizuhofanFFX2

Mizuho Kazami's fan - FFX2 fan

Quote by SonicWind You are all very polite!

Anime make people depressed because they cannot live their lives as Anime characters in a perfect world.

not all of anime/manga are perfect world or happy. event some great anime/manga with comedy comment still sad. so live is live

anime doesn't depress me because i try to keep the distinction between the anime world and real life.

it's one thing to have an imagination and another to live in an imaginary world. the latter is not good for you. :)

the main thing anime does for me is inspire my imagination.

snarzz

snarzz

kawaii deschou ^^

first. Depression = a person who either notices that he/she has a condition or does not depending on how severe it is. deppression means that the person in question is experiating extreme feelings of hopelessness, insomnia, sadness, guilt, loss of appetite and so on.
in my younger days when i wtached a movie that was full of action and people fighting for what they beleived in felt sometimes a bit of...longing for the same kind of life. Ofcourse I thought that people that went out drinking and such were compltet bastards and idiots. I realized later that i was wrong. They were happy, I was not. The difference between them and me was that they actually did something about not feeling well, they surounded them with friends, made jokes and were themselves around them. I was the silly one always staying home watching anime and reading manga.
Sure, you dont have to drink or anything whilst being out, i almost never do. But, the social part can give everyone *im almost certain about this* the happiness they need, they just have to take chances, think about the positive stuff that might happen and not the negative stuff such as "ah, it wont be fun, im different", well then, ACT someone else, but not many times. You might get stuck in the part, but just enough to be able to se it from the other people side of view.
about the "anime makes people depressed" thingy, i think that unhappy people watch anime to make themselves feel better and not that anime makes people unhappy.
freak: if you post a thread you are bound to find some things you do not like. Plus, if you want people to answer a certain question, give them the question and make it a strait one and dont confuse people by making a headline that you later incline was a joke and therefore has nothing with the therad to do at all.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

good point. rock on :)

Tokitoh

Tokitoh

onmyoji

Actually, we can make our life interesting.
What do all anime characters do? For the most part? They struggle. They struggle like hell, they sweat, they bleed and suffer and, hmm, you know, do all those stuff we don't really like doing.
All anime characters have a purpose. You're nothing without a purpose. You're nothing without determination. Wanna get excited? Try getting the best math grade in your school, approach the most beautiful girl (boy ^^) in your block... I mean, it's not necessary to fight hollows in order to be satisfied. You can go study abroad, see so many places, learn so much things... maybe you can even teach someone something, who knows? Isn't it great? Isn't it what all anime characters do?

And if you really need a hollow to achieve happiness... um, well, I need a whole bunch of anime characters around me for that. But, unfortunately, it's impossible.

In Shakugan no Shana the main character (don't remember the name >__<) is nothing but a human... no, actually, he's not even alive. But he does what he can. He can't fight with a cool fire-sword, but... well, he can protect, advise and inspire. He does what he can. That's why anime inspires me. Because I am myself and "I will head higher than anyone else" (c) Hikaru no Go. ^____^v

Cheer up and run towards your dream. ^__^

Signature

I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on ebay.

just abit of observations
1. entertainment of any sorts isnt ment to make u crazy, sad, depresed as a genral rule. i wont pass judgements here but i have to say that watching anime and other entertainment when they make u depresed is rather silly

i get ur point bout how movie/anime can make u sad...teh comparison about it and life. Just a question did u plan on haveing an "anime make u sad... yes or no?" type of aswers or something different?

be pessimistic so that youll never be disapointed and will live a happy life.

if anime, mangas and movies make you sad, watch: Excel Saga, The Waterboy, Billy Madison. I guarantee you wont be sad for long.
and if you only look for the bad in life, you will only see the bad in life.

loringalta

A misty web weaves....

I want to have a life just like a anime slash manga charachter but unfortunately will only happen in my dreams and in only my very best ones. They always seem to win and they always get saved at the nick of time. why can't i have a life like that!

Dreams are a misty weave that spins its skilled web around you.......

julian1

julian1

Pursuer Of Darkness

go out and have some fun, dude. if you want to make your life exciting, DO SOMETHING!

Signature

hmm cut back on the anime and manga and go out there in teh real world and get a girlfriend , enjoy the ups and downs life has to offer. you not gonna get anywhere daydreaming the wonders of what being a character in anime or manga is like.. "why do we fall? to learn to pick ourselves up!" -batman

The only anime that can make you depressive is saikano.

chepe

chepe

chepe

->CHEPE<-

RESIDENT EVIL MOVIES MAKE ME DEPRESSED BECAUSE THEY SUCKS!

:(

freaks...i...*sigh*...(how do i put this?) you are a fucking retard....if anime or movies get you deprressed, turn off the TV, DVD, or bittorent file and go play some video games, go hang out with freinds, well in you case, you might want to work on one friend, and do something else. i wouldnt mind youu at all if your thoughts didnt make thier way to the keyboard. or you died...preferabbly the latter

erebusnight

::Kickass Imposter!:: <(^.~)>

I think Freaks is talking about the ratio of normal:depressive anime as opposed to normal:depressive mainstream shows/movies. If you look at it this way, anime is indeed quite depressing, especially with all the mental anguish and inner conflicts that go on in shows such as Neon Genesis and Samurai X.

I myself have also found that some anime titles are QUITE depressing, especially Neon Genesis. However, after being depressed for about a week and pondering a whole lot, it got me a new view of life. ^.^

Someday we'll know
Why Samson loved Delilah
One day I'll go
Dancing on the moon.

Kyoo69

me -> Kyo`

Actually it's quite opposite when it comes to me, it makes me feel better because it shows that life can be fun etc. It's not like the animated world is perfect and the real world sucks, you can live your life hapilly but you have to want to make a change and have the balls to do it. That's what anime reminds me and it's doing a good job to cheer me up sometimes.

up up and away

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

suggesting certain titles of anime that are "anguish" "mental torture" is not the point...
really, if you think that life is not worth living and envy the colorful life of having adventure and spice in your life..go out and get some, i am sure there are many ways.
Hell, if you think getting the thrill of death at hand is fun, go do it, if it is what you think is funa dn enhances your life.
I don't see how watching anime and certain titles can make you depressed. perhaps a bit jealous of the colorful lives these pre-planned characters do, but indeed, one should live their life to the whatever full they believe.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

WMagnus

WMagnus

The Last G1 Destron

I don't get depressed when I wathc an anime or a movie. I get deppressed if something really bad happens me to like being fired or something like that.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 69 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.