Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 I think movies and manga make people depressed!!! - Minitokyo

I think movies and manga make people depressed!!!

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 69 total items

Kabura

Kabura

"The Hedgehog's Dilemma"

well, yeah! sometimes! coz you compare your life with anime and you see that ur life sucks, then you get sad... it really let you down sometimes...

Thank you Farewell, My Master.
Signature
"It was nice for a while but it's time to say bye"
Administrator of: Ignore the others! -Nocturnal-MTs Moderator of: Ice-and-Snow Member of: Whatever - Hana Kimi love - BrokenWings-TrinityBlood - GetBackers - MAAC - Petzilla

iono maybe...i do get depressed sometimes...anime get u to thinkin bout life and values

life is but a dream...
my soul belongs to meli-chan

Quote by TokitohActually, we can make our life interesting.
What do all anime characters do? For the most part? They struggle. They struggle like hell, they sweat, they bleed and suffer and, hmm, you know, do all those stuff we don't really like doing.
All anime characters have a purpose. You're nothing without a purpose. You're nothing without determination. Wanna get excited? Try getting the best math grade in your school, approach the most beautiful girl (boy ^^) in your block... I mean, it's not necessary to fight hollows in order to be satisfied. You can go study abroad, see so many places, learn so much things... maybe you can even teach someone something, who knows? Isn't it great? Isn't it what all anime characters do?

And if you really need a hollow to achieve happiness... um, well, I need a whole bunch of anime characters around me for that. But, unfortunately, it's impossible.

In Shakugan no Shana the main character (don't remember the name >__<) is nothing but a human... no, actually, he's not even alive. But he does what he can. He can't fight with a cool fire-sword, but... well, he can protect, advise and inspire. He does what he can. That's why anime inspires me. Because I am myself and "I will head higher than anyone else" (c) Hikaru no Go. ^____^v

Cheer up and run towards your dream. ^__^

I LOVE your answer^^ and yeah you're nothing without a purpose, that's what my parents are always saying :)

as for the rude comments: "if you don't have anything nice to say...don't say anything at all" ;)

for me watching anime makes me happy XD and sometimes i feel depressed but for the characters, like when your favorite character die or is suffering :( or something like that.XD

wings

wings

~~Silent Killer~~

Quote by

Quote by TokitohActually, we can make our life interesting.
What do all anime characters do? For the most part? They struggle. They struggle like hell, they sweat, they bleed and suffer and, hmm, you know, do all those stuff we don't really like doing.
All anime characters have a purpose. You're nothing without a purpose. You're nothing without determination. Wanna get excited? Try getting the best math grade in your school, approach the most beautiful girl (boy ^^) in your block... I mean, it's not necessary to fight hollows in order to be satisfied. You can go study abroad, see so many places, learn so much things... maybe you can even teach someone something, who knows? Isn't it great? Isn't it what all anime characters do?

And if you really need a hollow to achieve happiness... um, well, I need a whole bunch of anime characters around me for that. But, unfortunately, it's impossible.

In Shakugan no Shana the main character (don't remember the name >__<) is nothing but a human... no, actually, he's not even alive. But he does what he can. He can't fight with a cool fire-sword, but... well, he can protect, advise and inspire. He does what he can. That's why anime inspires me. Because I am myself and "I will head higher than anyone else" (c) Hikaru no Go. ^____^v

Cheer up and run towards your dream. ^__^

I LOVE your answer^^ and yeah you're nothing without a purpose, that's what my parents are always saying :)

as for the rude comments: "if you have anything nice to say...don't say anything at all" ;)

for me watching anime makes me happy XD and sometimes i feel depressed but for the characters, like when your favorite character die or is suffering :( or something like that.XD

i liked the answer of Tokitoh aswell.

okay for your rude comment: "say little but usefull things then talk alot and worthless crap"

Signature

Quote by wings

okay for your rude comment: "say little but usefull things then talk alot and worthless crap"

are you talking to me? I don't think i said something rude....

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

Well... movies and anime make me quite sad. I have always dreamed of a nice girlfriend, and in anime you see them everywhere. There is no way real life is like that. Im going to be stuck in my own fantasies and continue to dream of a nice life. To put it short: Yes, I am sad because of movies and anime.

Signature Image

DaNuke

DaNuke

Punio de Hierro

If the world was like manga and movies, police agents would be like Denzel Washington and would manage to defeat an entire group of terrorists while just getting a couple of bruises in the process. College girls would be like Naru or Shinobu frome Love Hina. Soldiers would be like Rambo, and people would fall in love with the first person they meet on the bus.

That ain't real life! Real life is contradicting, unpredictable and chaotic. That's what makes life so cool. And the only way you can do what you want to do is by standing up and doing it. That's what I've been doing all this time: I have a chart with all the girls I know, their contact info, availability status and relationship percent; I've been learning HTML so I can make big ca$h creating web sites, and I've been trying to date this girl I know from high school.

Quote by people from the Irrompibles forumsDaedalus: i can imagine Rince's mangas
plater: ECCHI!
Pollo: Pure vile hentai.

Listening: Vengaboys - We Like to Party (The Vengabus)

Kabura

Kabura

"The Hedgehog's Dilemma"

well, it actually depends on the movie or manga... and the person, of course! coz if is a person who tends to be depressed most of the time, he/she will be more affected..

I really felt like giving my oipinion again ^_^'

Thank you Farewell, My Master.
Signature
"It was nice for a while but it's time to say bye"
Administrator of: Ignore the others! -Nocturnal-MTs Moderator of: Ice-and-Snow Member of: Whatever - Hana Kimi love - BrokenWings-TrinityBlood - GetBackers - MAAC - Petzilla

ueon

ueon

Think outside the class...

some ya, but it just show u that u understand the story thats all

Memero

Memero

Hiding in a cardboard box...

Maybe you just watched Gungrave or something... watching Brandon's life really got me into thinking about my own life. (Dammit! I never got to watch the last episode! Pirated DVDs suck!)

(Looks at threadstarter's avatar) Yep, you definitely watched Gungrave.

The frightened will grow pale.
I am but a shadow in the dark,
I never grow pale...

Quote by Kaburawell, yeah! sometimes! coz you compare your life with anime and you see that ur life sucks, then you get sad... it really let you down sometimes...

Same here... Sometimes anime makes me depressed because the world depicted is so good and I desperately wish to live in such a world... but then I realize that such a thing will never happen (not in this lifetime, anyway), and that really gets me under. Other times I get depressed when a character I sympatize with dies or goes through a really hard situation. It's happened a few times.

depressed?! i dont think so..it really depends on wat kind of anime/manga u watch/read.

Davinator61

Davinator61

Inquisitor Lord, Ordo Malleus

That depends on the person's personality. How about you?

For the enemies of Humanity are many, chief amongst them being the Minions of Chaos & the foul Daemons of the Warp. Signature

reading mangas and watching movies do not make you depressed! i guess according to WHAT you are reading could perhaps do that but come on....

merged: 04-04-2006 ~ 01:37am
reading mangas and watching movies do not make you depressed! i guess according to WHAT you are reading could perhaps do that but come on....

Yeah I think anime and manga does entertain people but at the same time it makes some people depressed.......because i guess people just hate their life......ahahah I dont know.....or they just want to be in the anime.....

sukumei

sukumei

Running A Critiquing Service

look if it makes u feel depressed do the logicial thing:..... DONT WATCH IT!

I would like to run a friendly critiquing service for Minitokyo artists. I will try to make my opinions professional and defiantly unbiased although i will speak ideas for the general public. Critiquing service MT thread

Anime can get you depressed just like anything else. If you've a part of your life you screwed up with or regret not having done something etc and the anime just shows you that event or situation you so hardly tried to forget or even pushes you with your nose on facts that you want to deny, I guess it gets you depressed.

Or if you already are feeling not so good and watch even certain anime it can get even worse.

Guess it's the same for a movie, but I don't watch much tv at all.

MiniMog

MiniMog

My.Sweet.Serenity

Hmm.. first time I ever heard this one. Personally, Anime and Manga don't depress me, but if a situation in an Anime or Manga is similar to something someone has been through, then I can understand where you're coming from. In the end, it all comes down to comparisons.

Signature
Avatar, Signature Image and Userpage Layout by k1ru.

all of my teachers were like nazi's I know what you meen.

foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten

Sentimental Daydreamer...

Meh... are you sure it's not just cause you wish your life was like an anime? Perfect and fun?

Or maybe you're just bored with your life.

Blah. I love my life=) Get out there and make the most out of life and stop being bored!

well i dont think anime/movies would lead to depression...sure life looks better on there..but we all know its fake...im kind of a depressing person because im paranoid of what people think of me...i hate my mom etc...this isnt cause by what i watch...its my personality really...sides its not that anime makes people depressed but that perhaps depressed people turn to anime..if your life was awsome and you went out and did things, as well as had a great group of friends, why are you at home watching anime? your probably wouldnt be...if your life suked and u had nothing to do all day well theres your answer y you watch...but looking at the happy go lucky people on anime or movies could further your depression..or it could inspire you to go out and fix your life up a bit...i dunno..its all up to you..personally anime doesnt get me down...inspires me to draw is all...ok...i guess......im done...talking.....lol..

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 69 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.