Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime affecting our behavior? - Minitokyo

Anime affecting our behavior?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 53 total items

Misato-Kun

Misato-Kun

Art is a bang!!

I was just wondering if this may be true to some people, if it is possible that from all the anime that we watch and enjoy does it in any way affect the way we live our lives, in terms of interacting with people, friends, family and at school? Does anyone sometimes act or try to think the same way as one of their favorite characters from a anime? I know this question is kinda wierd and vague but i just want know if any anime characters have had some sort of affect on decisions we make in our lives.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
-Leonardo da Vinci

Blondie4Ever

Blondie4Ever

Adieu...

Well, I haven't encountered people adopting anime character-traits, but I have noticed people picking up the infectious "adv Films Voice-actress-'yay!'".

(In the States, ADV Films is a major Anime publisher/distributor, with its own "stable" of voice actors & actresses that it reuses for a variety of roles. They make many con appearances, and are featured extensively on DVD bonus features.)

Signature Image

chanome

*Shocked*

Interesting that you would say that. I know a lot of people who just randomly start speaking japanese words and they happen to watch a lot of anime. I guess it does kind of effect your brain... kind of creepy... ^_^'

What you should say is video games affecting our behavior because Tales of Symphonia, I have more of Kratos's personality, but in anime, I think...uh....umm...FLCL, yeah that show, I kinda change my behavior path a little but I gain a little bit back.

crypthis

confusing reality

i think it does affects people :D

zeroenna57

zeroenna57

The Ultimate Eye/ Jew

well i've kinda developed a sense of chivalry and honor code from watching anime i have my own policy that has been based on some ideals from certain shows

"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Signature

everything we experience effects in some way I think whether its minor or major

Signature Image

well i dont act like any characters or anything but it does affect how i spend my daily routin sumtimes and sometimes the craving of chow mein or ramen lol.

I guess it can be true for some people who can't distinguish reality from fantasy. But for most people, they know how to discern their action well.

this is kinda fun.
sometimes i've found myself thinking "how this situation would be if i were an anime character" or refering to friends as -kun o -chan

darkyuki

darkyuki

*excuse me while i kiss the sky*

i would agree that it does affect people. i know that i wish i could be more like tohru from fruits basket.

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

Oh good one! I dont know. But it makes me like hyper to know that anime is next! I wish I had the personality of Kensihin.

Signature Image

not only anime, just turn on your TV or play a video game

me, i can differentiate between reality and anime so im not too different from loving it, maybe i am i just dont realize it cause im used to me now... lol, but this one girl i know starts randomly talking in japanese and all she does is sketch in school and create mangas from characters she makes up, she goes to the point of overdoing it a little with it taking over her life... i guess she is one of those ppl....

THE WORLD WILL FALL TO DOOM IN A MATTER OF MINUTES... OH DONT WORRY I WAS JUST TRYING TO BE OPTIMISTIC...

Leesil

Leesil

Tenshi no Tasogare

I know many people that use the anime voices and sounds in their daily lives. As for myself, I find myself speaking popular japanese phrases that I pick up, as well as conversations with friends. It doesn't really dominate my behavior beyond that, however. Well, I do find myself occasionally chanting the Dragon Slave from Slayers as a mantra, just to see if I can remember the entire thing.

So, I'm mostly uneffected, you could say....

Within the darkness, the angel dreams;
Within the light, the devil contemplates.
'Tween the two, my soul does swing.

Yah, ive become a lot more eccentric since i got into anime.

And i randomly spout Japanese eg: at dinner last night i screamed 'Itadakimasu' (i think thats how its spelled). Means 'Lets Eat'!

We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at. But... at least I always fought for what I believed in. - Gray Fox.

megaman917

megaman917

The Gentleman

Anime only affects my behavior when I'm at home. When I'm at home, I can be a total immature idiot.

"If you're not cheating, you're not trying!" - R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero (1967 - 2005)

Leesil

Leesil

Tenshi no Tasogare

Oh! One thing I just thought of! Anime is making me immune to American "scary movies." A group of friends (the non-anime addict kind) got me to go see this "really creepy horror flick" in the theater. Through out the movie, creepy things like rivers of blood leaking into elevators kept happening, and everyone in the theater was freaking out.

Meanwhile, I kept thinking 'This is nothing. I've seen far scarier things in anime than this movie.' I fell asleep half way through the movie, I was so bored. Afterwords, everyone kept saying how awesome the movie was; everyone except my few friends that watch anime. I guess anime is just better than the movies?

Within the darkness, the angel dreams;
Within the light, the devil contemplates.
'Tween the two, my soul does swing.

I know, I tend to buy more oriental design things. I just found a 5 piece sake set and snached it up for no real reason other than I though it was cool. ^_^'

Signature

Danworth

Danworth

.:Talk slowly, think quickly:.

well sense i started watching anime i have had a strange need for more hummmmmmm? Its possible

Signature
Thanks to Sumomo- for the wonderful Sig and Spystreak for the wonderful avy
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

It may sounds weird but true!!! :)

It's normal to us like anime fans idolizes anime character and immitates their traits and characteristics.... sometimes they do this..... :d

Hmmm, not really, since that none of my friends likes anime or manga, ^_^' and well. It sure doesn't affect the way I act, but some anime may affect the way i think. (you know those super anilme with bunch of moral codes and "the meaning of life" for exemple...)... maybe did I became more compassionated
... lol... naaaah.... :pacman:

Prydey

Prydey

Once a Saint, Always a Saint...

I guess u jus get influenced by the character's behaviour and thus start showing similar traits...

Honour above all, except vengeance...

Signature

Decapitated

Decapitated

*Snore*

Well anime have made my Ecchi side show more to the world

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 53 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.