Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Chibi or Actual Proportion? - Minitokyo

Chibi or Actual Proportion?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 20 total items

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

In Anime games usually the designers make the characters Chibi or the actual size. Like Alterier Iris and Ys Ark (chibi); Final Fantasy X and Xenosaga (real proportion). I prefer the actuall size of the character when I play an anime game. I do play games with anime Chibi Characters, but then it feels like it should be put into portable games than in consoles like PS2 and Gamecube.

As Karl Marx had said in the last sentence of the "Communist Manifesto,"
"Anime fans around the world unite!"
Create a revolution for anime.

hmmm well i don't think it really matters a lot
if the game is good and the graphics are good then i'm fine with it
but it'd be nice if it was both, like chibi when walkin round and like not so chibi when character(s) encounter something or something

Signature
WHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>.<

thanks to my good friend sEsShIeLov3R
for the sig

GearStalker05

GearStalker05

En Memoria

It all depends on your personal tastes. Chibis are small, but are remembered for their cuteness.
Real proportions are cool because of its actual physical characteristics, which can be compared with reality. Final fantasy 7 was cool 'cause it used both, Chibis on the map and RPs in battle. Personally, RPs are cool to look at, but it makes it more fun when there are chibi versons as well. <Thinking of that bunny from Xenosaga>

Signature Image
You got what you wanted...but you got what you hate...

Sierra04

Sierra04

My heart belongs to him..Erik...

Hmm...for me chibis are cute but when I play a game I prefer their actual form. It's more interesting and also catches the eye of the player.

I believe that it depends on the circumstances. Like in anime, the characters should be proportioned according to reality, but at times outside of battle that could be considered comic moments or whatnot they should occasionaly break out the chibi forms and the sweat drops, etc. :D

But does one even truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate...and thus defy the tyrannous stars.

It depends what kind of mood i'm in or what kind of mood the game gives. If there is a lot of humour i'll prefer chibis, serious type then it would be actual proportions. I usually love drawing game characters, for these circumstances i prefer actual size, chibis are waaaaay harder to draw because even if they have less details i cant refer to any points at all ;_;

I prefer the real size. Too much cuteness for me with the chibis. It be funny to see a villain trying to look threatening when in actuality he looks adorable. Just doesn't work out. Real size for me.

"I started at the bottom and I kind of like it here"
-Heard it somewhere

Siri15

Siri15

<3 Bishi Stalker <3

Quote by anim3xfreekhmmm well i don't think it really matters a lot
but it'd be nice if it was both, like chibi when walkin round and like not so chibi when character(s) encounter something or something

i agree with that if they walk around as chibis i don't mind but when they do fight something, i think they should be real sized. However, i actually prefer the real sized characters in games... especially for villains: if a villain was a chibi it'd be too cute to have to kill in the end. it's more interesting when the characters are properly proportioned, way funner to watch battle scenes in :D . Don't you wish that FF games were like hack slash games? it'd be so much funner to actually run up to people to kill them... just like the movie!! if the battle scenes were like the ones in ff7:ac i'd be in heaven heehee ^_^'

"Why is the rum ALWAYS gone?!?!"

It doesn't matter with me. As long as the over all game and graphics are nice. I don't mind both.
Like Sword of Mana has Chibis as well as Golden Sun.
Finaly Fantasy and Kingdom hearts don't.
I love them all.

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

You people are right Chibis are nice, but do you think they will look great if a character proforms a cool special attack. Like in Final Fantasy X, would Aron look cool if he was proforming his Bushido in chibi form? Nah! I don't think so.

As Karl Marx had said in the last sentence of the "Communist Manifesto,"
"Anime fans around the world unite!"
Create a revolution for anime.

I like the look of chibis ! They're simply adorable !
But if im playing a game i do want to be able to see the real proportion characters - appreciation of the graphics !!

xhidst

xhidst

Princess Slacker

Chibis are nice, yeah, and they're easier to use when roaming around the map, since you'd be able to see everything around the character. In RP, the size of the character sometimes makes it hard for you to see anything behind him/her at all, especially when you don't have the right to move the camera angle.

But of course I'd like to have RPs during battle times. It's cooler than having some pip-squeak hitting the enemy like a child trying to hit his father in the knees. And graphics counts in battles, really.

--Lying still, unsparkling eyes, whitest lips, cold as ice--

++The only reason most teachers are alive is because it is illegal to shoot them.++

wow...thats hard..cause...it really depends on the character...not all characters look cute chibified...hmm...i love the original proportions..but chibis are simply adorible most of the time..lol

Quote by anim3xfreekhmmm well i don't think it really matters a lot

i agree that when playing a game it does'nt matters a lot, but if i would choose,i prefer real proportion, but when it comes to animes, i prefer chibis.

I think both can be used coherantly. For example, Trigun Manga uses the actual for the serious attitude. For the comic relief, they draw them as chibi, cause it's cute. I'm a fan of both.

TheVanishingBoy

TheVanishingBoy

Racer in Disguise

^ Same here, I also like both, especially on Steel Angel Kurumi. (:

Representing Torque Philippines [www.TQPi.net]
Cars | Racing | Anime | Girls | Videogames | Etc.

"Kamusta po kayo dyan mga kaibigan, hello from Las Vegas, USA."-VB

Th D.N.Angel chibis are way too adorible ^ ^....and the normal form is still cool :p...

FallingAwake

FallingAwake

Seafaring Swashbuckler

Not chibi definitely. Most times I can't stand them. I like my characters in reasonable proportions. Nothing overly muscular. I kinda like the way the Xenosaga characters look like.

Signature Image

Nedel

Nedel

The armor, the rose, the one

I like more the real proportions. I like to look at chibi images but not game characters.

(\ /) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature
(O.o) to help him on his way to world domination.
(> <)

Marissa

Retired Moderator

Marissa

Antisocial Butterfly

Quote by shinsengumi
+Favorites and versus threads
As these threads seldom generate meaningful discussion and are often duplicates of existing threads, please refrain from creating threads asking for favorite characters, series, or games as well as threads comparing individual characters, series, or games.

Signature Image
I used to be that bitch who deleted your pictures. Now that I'm gone, nobody is gonna delete your pictures anymore. Good for you.

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.