Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Apocalypse - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 9 total items

freaks

freaks

I am

how do you think the world is gonna end? what do you think you will do in the 5-10 min before that happens?what your thaugts will be ?

i don't know what i would do,maybe i will sit still in the place where i was (probably i'll fake down ^_^' ),but i prefer it comming in the night,because it's sad to see the world end in a morning,in the fresh start of a shiny day.

Hehehehe!!!! This is just crazy. Who said the world would come to an end like that?

Who's to say that the world will end? What if it means that world will change and not end? Maybe it could mean that the world will end as we know it. Who knows. To me it's just a load of bollocks cause this is the kind of thing that makes people fear religion and follow like lost sheep.

At the end of the day, the church and all their sects are just there to make money. There's this saying, : "If money is the root of all evil, why is the church begging for it".

They preach about the world coming to an end to get more people to fill the church cause a lot of people question the truth of their bibles. To me, religion is just a way of life. You shouldn't follow it word for word.

Another friend always kids and says it's a good book/Story as in a piece of litrature :)

Acyx

Ork Warlord

One of these deals eh? Well, if mankind does manage to blow itself apart, it may be the end of the world for us, although it probably won't end for the planet itself. Personally I believe that what's going to happen if things continue in a downward spiral as they are now, we'll more than likely see much of the following:

1. Extreme resource shortages- Oil and gas will of course be depleted from failure to seek out renewable fuels.

2. Extreme food shortages and massed famine- It is predicted that by the year 2020, only half of the world's people will be able to be effectively fed and housed, the others will simply be left to starve.

3. Drinkable water shortages- Many places worldwide are seeing this problem now, drinkable water is in shorter supply than what can be provided. This will in cases deteriorate into all-out open warfare over water supplies in general.

The list of horrors extends in multiple directions, and as we stand now, the planet is losing it's ability to support so many of us at one given time. Now, I have taken into account the horridly inefficient practices of corporate-run farming myself, and the fact that about eighty percentile of the world's total farming capacity is given over to cash crops rather than actual foodstuffs. Correcting this balance will make quite a difference in the long run, although these should only be regarded as patchwork repairs in light of larger issues.

i had a proposal once about a utopia of sorts that went something like this:

1. Abolishment of currency and capitalism-based economies, institution of a rewards point system or barter system: If one evil has been traced in any way, shape, or form to the world's problems, it's money and the corrupt's love of it. People simply cannot be trusted with money, nor can the bureaucratic system of the current corporate scene be trusted with it either as that many of them would rather relegate their employment under them to factory or cubicle-slave status. In the proposed change, everything a person owns outside of entertainment will be paid for by the government: Housing, transportation, insurance, education, food, water, healthcare, all those are pre-covered. The points system would function akin to a credit card in which the recipient would use the points garnered from labor to purchase things that he/she wants, if not barter for them with objects of equal or greater value.

2. Abolishment of fossil fuels: Of course, what else would lead to the destruction of our environment faster than fossil fuels? The era of oil is drawing to a close, American Imperialists (which in being an American I am thouroughly ashamed of) are on a quest for cheap oil in the middle east and elsewhere across the globe, tensions are running high over this "black gold" as it was once called, and of course, the Oil and coal companies have started a massive disinformation campaign to dissuade people from losing hope in current reserves, which are predicted to run dry as early as 2020 by many scientists.
Refine fuel cell technology and fusion technology (forseen as being perfected by 2030) for use in cars and things of the like. Phase out the Diesel and Internal combustion engines by 2030, etc.

3. Give full reparations and aid to nations formerly affected by European colonialism, provide food, clean water, healthcare and proper housing toward all disenfranchised individuals.

4. Repair environmental problems and actively enforce the endangered species act. Outlaw slash & burn agriculture, outlaw the sale of endangered species or parts of endangered species for any purpose whatsoever.

5. Bolster the space program and develop spacial hydroponics facilities and off-world colonies, research hydrogen skimming derricks for use in Jupiter's orbit (think about it, an infinite source of hydrogen) and hydrogen tankers for hauling materials. Also implement (little research is needed, because we already have them) hall field thrusters or high-efficiency Ion engines into starship designs to allow for quicker acceleration than normally provided by chemical rockets.

That's all I could think of for now, feel free to add comments and ideas and things of the like. Don't give me any of that "It doesn't work like that in the real-world" crap as a warning, if that's the way that everyone's thinking, then it's no wonder that we're supposedly "doomed".

"And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu..."

Silvandragon17

Silvandragon17

The Rising Fighting Spirit

Whoa, that's a pretty long post from Acyx! I have no idea how the world's gonna end... Maybe fire, Idk, I haven't read the Book of Revelations much. But who knows, maybe the world will end as a result of WWIII What am I gonna do? Prolly something crazy like run around yelling at people and laughing at them saying "Hahahaha you're all gonna die now!" Wow am I evil or what! *grins*

Signature Image
Society is a masked ball, where everyone hides his real character, and reveals it in hiding. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

Just discern between the end of the world and the end of mankind - or mammalkind.

Even if all life on earth is destroyed or wiped out, even if there are holes in the crust where continents were, the earth will not perish before its at least split in half. Even then, with the solar system a bit out of sync, the 2 halves may become fully fledged planets themself - that is, if they don't crash into the moon or into the sun since their screwed up orbit may fling them into the sun. But when all life leaves, then it would just be a matter of time (say a few million billion years?) before it could start again.

The earth is a lot more steadfast than mere life...

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

bindermichi

bindermichi

Slayer of Tomatoes

apocalypse now!

... or stick with nostradamus (don't know how to spell him in english). since according do some of his followers we're in the middle of a 17th year long period of tension followed by about 26 years of war after which humandkind will enter a golden age... so we all have about 13-34 years until we either die or will live in peace.

could be worse :)

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

What I can remember of him was that the earth will be destroyed by the sun in the year 7000. So much for life on earth. Will probably be wiped out before that.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

lordofgamblers

lordofgamblers

wazzzzzzzzzzuuuuuppppp!!!!!!!!

well first of all i'll be drinking beer in a bar with the rest of people that aren't afraid of death and wait for the cataclysm to wipe us the fuck out

of all the foods in the world donuts reign supreme

well..i belive/think the end will be like in the bible..or otherwise...like X >,>'
i mean that there are soemthing like "strong powers". Yes..maybe like good+evil..but not that there are 2choices-the earth will end diffenitiv. And there will be wars, the earth has no..(is the english word resources?)and the human will kill his own race...

well what i would do..try to be with my lovers...and i hope i come to heaven^^'

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.