Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Translators - Minitokyo

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

amy

amy

StudioDink

Ok...I have no idea if this is even in the right section, but oh well...

I have been trying to learn Japanese and am still having a hard time with it. I can pretty much translate the Kanji, Katakana and Hiragana stuff to Ramanji (sp?) What I need help with is this...

Example - arigatou - thank you

to be able to change it from japanese to english...

Another Examle - I would like to translate this to english

Aa kogoeru Kurai umi he
Nagasarete yuku Rekishi no nami ni nomare
Yagate maku wa agari
Hakanai yume wo tsurete
Arasoi ni hi wo tsukeru

Are there any good sites that help with this?

I will be taking classes soon to learn but they will only be dealing with the katakana and hiragana and plus the instructors and students will not be speaking english at all.

Signature Image
Something that I created as a tutorial

Ardith

Ardith

white flame

I've had japanese classes, and now that I'm out of collage, I continue learning on my own...I find this page useful...

http://japanese.about.com/

raging_otter

Not In

if you still have the japanese text, you can try using the babelfish translation site: http://world.altavista.com/tr to translate it. Though not 100% accurate in translating whole sentences, you would understand at least some of what the japanese text means

What you're asking translation is a Japanese poem which is pretty difficult thing to do. I have pretty good idea what it means so I have attempted translating it so here it is.

Oh, to the cold and dark sea

To be swallowed by the wave of history

Soon the curtain will be raised

Take along your fleeting dream

For the spark of struggle will be enflamed

amy

amy

StudioDink

Quote by mughiWhat you're asking translation is a Japanese poem which is pretty difficult thing to do. I have pretty good idea what it means so I have attempted translating it so here it is.
Oh, to the cold and dark seaTo be swallowed by the wave of history
Soon the curtain will be raisedTake along your fleeting dream
For the spark of struggle will be enflamed

Actually thats part of a song by L'Arc ~en~ Ciel...I love this group...Thank you for helping with the translation...

Signature Image
Something that I created as a tutorial

Your welcome. :)

Oh, it was not a poem? Oops. Me and my big mouth. ^_^'

Good luck with your studying Japanese. As you already found out it is not easy to master so take one step at a time and eventually a day will arrive where you will start understanding Japanese sentences without trying. It happened to one of my friend so it can happen to you. :D

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

Thread exists. Closing.

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.