Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you like best about playing RPGs? - Minitokyo

What do you like best about playing RPGs?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

EchoChan

EchoChan

The All Purpose Animal

This can refer either to console RPGs, MMORPGs, or even table-top RPGs like D&D or BESM. For the record I like a little of everything, from profound epics to good old-fashioned monster-mashing treasure hunts! :) How about you?

EDIT: Hey! Where'd my poll go? :\ Nuts. I'll hafta try an' recreate it here...

----What do you like best about playing RPGs?----

--I like anything that has a cool story or premise.

--I'm in it for the TREASURE!!!

--I like gaining levels and powers to become the best there is!

--Hmm... Never really thought about it. All of the above I guess.

--RPGs? Feh. I get my kicks from shooters and platform games.

Always remember that everyone is the hero of their own story.

My favorite thing in RPGs?Character development.I love it,I care about character interaction and growth.

ainadu

ainadu

Child of Light

I like a game that has a good plot. RPGs are fun because when I play them I feel as if I were a part of a fantasy novel. I've always adored fantasy, since I was very small. Video games are merely a means of pretending...not quite as interesting, but enjoyable nonetheless. :)

Yume101

Yume101

Intertwining Destinies

Storyline/Plot and Character Development. Those are a must for me. ^_^

~ The light cannot live without the darkness, and the darkness cannot live without the light.
~ There is darkness... within every heart.
~ Nothing in this world is completely pure or completely dirty.
~ The world is better seen in shades of grey.

Being a big DnD player, I love the character development. When I say character development, I mean truly detailed stories about who the character is and where it comes from and all those other minute details that make a character a character.

Also, I am not really into those hack and slash games but much rather prefer the story to be more puzzle based.

I love story and proceeding to gain strength and power, its the funnest thing there is,
i love D&D but dont play too often, i don't have many freinds that play.

...Shunning the field broken by Wave,
The shadowed girl whispers,
"Surely I will return."
Alas, the truth unbeknownst,
Awaiting her at journey's end:
Eternal mourning for her land.

----------~~~~~------------~~~~~-------------~~~~------------~~~~~~~~--------------

And so I shall name her Aura.
Without you she would not exist.
The shinig girl, Aura.
We will entrust her with our will.
Our future is in her hands.
She is our...
Signature Image

Ranga

Ranga

I am, I.

I like anything that has a cool story

You say I fool myself
But better me than being a fool for some one else

Awesome!I didn't think we had so many D&D fans!!!!! I love D&D,there are lots of reasons of reason people play D&D,and I for one play for character interaction and such.No computer generated game will ever compare to D&D-simply too many variables and that's what I love about it.It takes it's own life once the story gets going.

I like being other people and killing others. It is also very addictive

I like the story about the games especialy Final Fantasy VII

hellbomb

KaBoom!

i like beating the crap out of bosses so easily where as my friends would struggle ^^. i love over training.

....(_)_TNT_)----#
..(_)(_)_TNT_)----#
(_)(_)(_)_TNT_)----#
"somebody set up us the bomb"

Everything, at first I thought that I play RPGs only because of the story and while I still think that story is the most important aspect of an RPG I've played and enjoyed RPGs with little to no story but excellent gameplay almost as much as those with good stories.
RPGs are great games they last long, have fun gameplay and everything's jus great.

I roleplay primarily for the experience of trying to become someone else as much as possible. It's not easy, but the better you become at that, the more rewards there are, the more experiences there are. Amongst other things, I know it's done wonders for my empathy skills.

(Levels and treasures are not concepts that tend to be a part of the games I play.)

SouthernBoy504

SouthernBoy504

Da Southern Don

Story, character development and a nifty battle system that really challenges the mind. I lik eto play RPGs cause it's like watching a movie, or a series of sorts or an animated book even, except that you're in it and discover the world and the plot of the story head on.

That and it really fuels the imagination, I thank Square for a lot of things, especially for changing my life lol

Signature Image
Thanks to Philyra for the sig and avy

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

Definatly the challange.

Danworth

Danworth

.:Talk slowly, think quickly:.

i like rpgs because you can play for a long time 60-70 hours or more

and sometime start all over again to unlock everything :)

Signature
Thanks to Sumomo- for the wonderful Sig and Spystreak for the wonderful avy
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

I like RPG's because of all the characters, the action, the adventure, it has all my favourite game elements in it, or at least most of them. I also love the challenge

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

like the part of building up your character and saw learning new powers.

I like the most RPG's because of the character and story, how they progress, how you can interact with other characters and that you generally can play another live. (Exactly what they're made for)

i love them because of ach characters story , because of the fantastic worl around , because of the possibilites , because of the unuasual things or situations you encounter .
RPg's are my fav type of game , Baldur's gate 2 and expansion , neverwinter nights , fable , kotor I and II

EchoChan

EchoChan

The All Purpose Animal

WOW! Thanks to everyone who's responded so far!

a lot of people seem to enjoy good stories and character development, which actually makes me feel kinda guilty. Don't get me wrong; I also love a good story (or at least a complicated, thought provoking one, like Xenosaga), but when I'm playing a simpler title like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance or Grandia Xtreme, I turn into a golden-eyed treasure hunter with a side order of kill-all-monsters-and-be the-best. Good stuff!

Always remember that everyone is the hero of their own story.

Since I don't read much anymore, they're my source for entertaining storytelling, romance, character development, and all that type of stuff.

If it's a mmorpg, where storylines are for the most part nonexistant, it's the PVPing. I'm kinda dissapointed in the wimpiness of most of today's PVP. Definitely need to go back to the days when you could loot all the stuff off one of your marks :)

DarkSwordGram

DarkSwordGram

Sword of Legend

I enjoy the fact that they let me escape from reality for lengthy periods of time. They have characters that live in worlds with magic, dragons, angels, demons, etc. And with mmorpgs the fact that the world is hardly ever static, there's always new people to befriend (or destroy, it depends).

This is impossible! You creatures are but slaves of the Gods! -Hrist

I think the best part about RPGs....are the complex and indepth stories....and how you sort of live the story through the game and characters experiances...

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.