Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Are you colorblind? - Minitokyo

Are you colorblind?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

I have read that 7% of men are impaired in color vision, but I don't know anyone who is. That's strange. Please write if you can see the colors well and also mention if you have a relative with this illness. And because men seem to suffer from this more, write a gender to every mentioned case.
Thank you for clearance.

OMG...liek I've bean banned cuz I'm n idiot. DUH ARMY GAME R0X0RZ!!1!!!!

I'm female. I don't have colourblindness, partial or full, nor personally know anyone who does. There was a girl at school I used to talk to, though, who was partially colourblind, and her father apparently saw in total greyscale. *shrugs* Only met him once, though.

i knew quite a few guys who were colorblind actually in highschool, also personally, i sometimes have trouble distinguishing purple from blue

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

yea, i also had about 4 people that were color blind on red and green and blue. they say its just grey to them and it really doesnt affect them in anyways :3

Kizuna

Kizuna

Look at this!

If you're colorblind.. do you still get stunned by brightness?

snarzz

snarzz

kawaii deschou ^^

me no be colorblind...me be female thou

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Natsu

Natsu

CherryNinja

I´m female and I´m not colorblind!

Signature

Ardith

Ardith

white flame

I had a male teacher colorblind to red and green.

mamimi

fr

my friend is. and yes, this illness(if we could call it that) is more present on males than females. genetic thing. like it is a recessive gen, and it has to be present in both of the mother,s and father's chromosoms. Mothers are more frequently carrier of that gen that affected by it, I guess because the colorblindness gen must be more in the Y chromosoms for boys, and women dont recieve it. Wasn't really clear, but that's it. My friend sees the sky purple, or brown, I dont know.

If you don't know where you are going, all roads lead there.
Realism is a corruption of the reality.

I'm female and not colourblind. I do know one guy who is partially colourblind and one guy who is colourblind to blue and purple.

Fulgore

Fulgore

...insert title [here]...

I'm not. Thankfully. I loooooooove colors!

Signature

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

My former physics teacher is male and is completely colorblind...
I'm female and I have a little bit of trouble distinguishing blue from green ^^; I had to ask some random woman in a store what color a pair of sunglasses was XD She looked at me like I had three heads XD

battlespunk

battlespunk

Stop Breathing, It Tickles.

I'm not colour blind but from a distance some look the same to me unless i put them directly next to each other e.g. purple and dark blue.

Signature

Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Chopper City

i am sorta colorblind... i get a couple colors mixed up sometimes but not all the time XD

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

DarkSith

DarkSith

Fate Testarossa Fan

I don't have a relative who has this illness... and I'm not colorblind :)

Quote by mamimimy friend is. and yes, this illness(if we could call it that) is more present on males than females. genetic thing. like it is a recessive gen, and it has to be present in both of the mother,s and father's chromosoms. Mothers are more frequently carrier of that gen that affected by it, I guess because the colorblindness gen must be more in the Y chromosoms for boys, and women dont recieve it. Wasn't really clear, but that's it. My friend sees the sky purple, or brown, I dont know.

Actually, i believe that colorblind men have X chromosones that are 'damaged' , whereas females have two x chromosones , so they have at least least one X chomosone to fall back upon . It is much more difficult to have a colorblind female , since that means both parents must have faulty X chromosones.

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

Quote by lordshadowisle

Quote by mamimimy friend is. and yes, this illness(if we could call it
that) is more present on males than females. genetic thing. like it is
a recessive gen, and it has to be present in both of the mother,s and
father's chromosoms. Mothers are more frequently carrier of that gen
that affected by it, I guess because the colorblindness gen must be
more in the Y chromosoms for boys, and women dont recieve it. Wasn't
really clear, but that's it. My friend sees the sky purple, or brown, I
dont know.

Actually, i believe that colorblind men have X chromosones that are
'damaged' , whereas females have two x chromosones , so they have at
least least one X chomosone to fall back upon . It is much more
difficult to have a colorblind female , since that means both parents
must have faulty X chromosones.

Of course, I knew that. But since birds of a feather flock together, it's not so rare, probably.

I wish I was colourblind.. all the colours n00bs write with on IRC :p
j/k

rawr~

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

Quote by marichuuuI wish I was colourblind.. all the colours n00bs write with on IRC :p
j/k

If you have an nVidia card, you can decrease saturation and reach the same effect.

Yup, I'm slightly colorblind but only to certain red and green colours, so I can still see the difference between a red and green traffic light.

sometimes i can´t see a difference between dark blue and black VV

Chickomon

Chickomon

The Dog of War

um, nope, not me. though i do have a hard time seeing the green light on a stop light though...i thin the yellow and blue that makes green claches/blends witht the blue of the sky and the yellow of the streel light itself...

Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the
only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.
-- Wernher von Braun

im male.. not color blind...

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

I'm having a mid-death crisis.

My brother's red-green colorblind. Somehow he sees a particular shade of red as green, and a particular shade of green as red.

Me, I'm not colorblind.

And now that I recall, genetically speaking, I'm completely free of colorblindness. Males have one X chromosome and Y chromosme, and everything in that X chromosome is active. Colorblindess is a sexually related genetic disease. Women can get it, but it's far less likely. If the mother is a hybrid (Cc or genetically speaking, half genes are colorblind, half aren't) then her son has a 50% chance of being colorblind.

Signature

"I'm stuck on bandages because bandages are stuck on me."

http://forums.xgenstudios.com

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.