Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Dog tags - strictly a guy`s accessory? - Minitokyo

Dog tags - strictly a guy`s accessory?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

I always considered dog tags as rather unisex but last night one of my guys friends pointed out they were too masculine for girls.

They look alright on girls right? Engraved with something feminine - do they?

- This Free Life Crisis -

PAche

PAche

hoarder

i think dogtags are unisex.i mean, i'm fine with girls wearing them, be it engraved with a boy thing or with a girl thing.i like dogtags but i dont wear 'em cos i dont wear accessories XD tell those friends, this tomboy orders them to eat their words

Signature Image
;when the taste of blood become bittersweet
My Gallery
latest wallpaper: Point-blanc

yokoe1887

yokoe1887

Relentless Despair

They totally look fine on girls ^_^. I like dogtags and would wear them if I had them. I think it's a unisex accessory ^-^.

Signature

leadehua

leadehua

Haro

I don't think so. You could put something like a cute cat on it and it'll be suitable for girls.

Signature
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/178802/
-Within lies there is truth, the hard part is telling where is the truth. >.<
-Sleep is good. ^_^

Quote by leadehuaI don't think so. You could put something like a cute cat on it and it'll be suitable for girls.

Agreed. I don't see how a girl in a lace top can look masculine with one of them.

Moonbeam

Moonbeam

M i n i t o k y o

:) hey studio ! long time no see.
:D You changed your avatar. Very kawaii
>_< hmm... I think they're unisex, but the regular dog tags are usually associated with guys because of the military.
;) However the pretty colored rhinestone dogtags are meant for girls.
^_^' I've seen girls have ones made with their boyfriend also.
:pacman: Interesting topic, I hope everything is good with you. see ya!

Signature

AmaryLLisZai

In Hiatus

I think wearing dogtags are fine...it's all depend on the dressing style you see... dogtags are just assecories meant to assist in the style you have...

Signature Image

violina

violina

detached from the world

I would think that they are unisex. Especially since I own a set. And not those typical "girly" ones either. Though, there is the matter of how one dresses (both males and females).

Signature
To regret one's own experiences is to arrest one's own development. To deny one's own experiences is to put a lie into the lips of one's life. It is no less than a denial of the soul. -- Oscar Wilde

BS-they can be for either
they are important for the military or something and have branched out
slap ur friend for me
moron

no people should wear what ever they wont. but your going to get some comments. it like if a man wears a dress. i bet you that someone is going to say you look gay before the day is done. now if he likes wearing a dress he mite not care what that guy said. now if he did he would not wear a dress the next day. now dog tag are a peace of flat metal with your name carved in it hooked to a ball chained necklace. now what says that im a man in that. now i know how he would say that. back then it was given to solder and back then their was only male solders. but its not a males necklace.

†Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch you words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.†

They're good for both genders in my opinion. I've seen many girls and guys with them and they look fine on them. Plus there isn't a book of rules of what each sex should and shouldn't wear.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

SoulScholar

SoulScholar

NAVI-Gator

Dog tags are just...ugh. The only people who wear them that I know of are show offs, and people who are rich. Snobs included.

Thx to Rebel-Soul-Kaze for the awesome av and sig! <3 always chichiri~
Signature
+ Userguide to MT3 + Forum Guidelines + MT Policy + Support and Inquiry + Complaints + FAQs +

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

I think they look pretty cool as an accessory. I don't think I've seen them on real girls but i've seen one anime girl wear them-Cagalli from Gundam Seed

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image
Latest wall ::A Void in my Heart::

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

I don't think they're any accessory that a girl can't get away with. ...Isn't that kind of the definition anyways?

...Now a guy in an evening gown or anything that bad is an entirely different matter...

Silvandragon17

Silvandragon17

The Rising Fighting Spirit

I have a dogtag, but idk sometimes its considered bad luck to wear them, since they're associated with dead soldiers. but anway, I have one... I don't care what people would think, heck I'd even wear a Naruto headband in public. :P

Signature Image
Society is a masked ball, where everyone hides his real character, and reveals it in hiding. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tsukiyome

Tsukiyome

:: Vampire Addiction ::

I think dogtags are unisex.. After all, I plan on getting me one. I just think their just cool. x3 Heck, I might start a collection... some how..

Signature

I never seem to find a reason
to let you in again, or forgive you
I`m sick of feeling like I need you
knowing I never did, but I miss you
Taking and breaking and hating
I remember all you said to me now
Faking, forsaking and failing
my memories are all stained again

xRedPhoenix

xRedPhoenix

Red Eclipse

Uh I got my dogtags from jrotc... You telling me I can't wear them when I'm in camo? :\

i wear them anytime I'm in camo or wearing green... Otherwise I'm in black...

Pants.. pants were for men too.. up until whenever the civil rights movements. And all Hell broke loose the day women were cutting their hair short... hooligans... o_0

I think they can be worn be women too. Nothing's going to be wrong with it.

Tatsumi09

Tatsumi09

Seeker of Inner Peace

Well, aren't females part of the military? Don't females wear dog tags when participating in battle? Then aren't they unisex?

Quote by Tatsumi09Well, aren't females part of the military? Don't females wear dog tags when participating in battle? Then aren't they unisex?

Yep. I have a pair of real dog tags. They're for ID purposes, and for the most part, we HAVE to wear them. I love 'em. They can be a pain in the butt if they come out from underneath the shirt, but I wear them out sometimes.

Arinami + dog tags + wife beater = mrow.

Dog tags can be for anyone. There not only for guys just depends on how you wear them. I got a pair myself

Cathal

Cathal

ROAR!

I think it doesn't matter. I've seen some women with dog tags and thought it looked hot.

"The mouth of the just shall mediate wisdom, and his tongue shall speak judgment. Blessed is the man that endureth temptation, for when he hath been proved, he shall recieve a crown of life." - Lillium

Quote by purplekittyBS-they can be for either
they are important for the military or something and have branched out
slap ur friend for me moron

Haha. I'm glad some people here agree with the fact that they can be worn by girls.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

dogtags are really cool, however i my place there is an old haunting tale left by old people..
they are like never wear them at night
Japanese war timers and soldiers will be attracted to you thining you are one of them....
i tried that and honestly, the wind did felt colder than usual that night...
girls, wear them, it is unisex but never at night especially you are living in a place where world war two or some other war has touched before like small twons with war histories...#
trust me on that

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.