Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How to make the backgroud of wallpaper? - Minitokyo

How to make the backgroud of wallpaper?

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Natsuki-MaiHime

Natsuki-MaiHime

"I have wait so long for this"

I don't know how to make the background of wallpaper by Photoshop. If you know, teach me how to make quality background. Thanks first.

Signature Image
"Will you kill someone you love, because of love" - from Ga-Rei -Zero-
Visit my gallery: http://natsuki-maihime.minitokyo.net/gallery/
In love with Touhou series. :x

PAche

PAche

hoarder

there are really alot of effects to use...i suppose its practise to make your own style

Signature Image
;when the taste of blood become bittersweet
My Gallery
latest wallpaper: Point-blanc

Yeah, you're going to be more specific than that, I can help, I'm okay with Photoshop but you have to say what you want to do with it. pm me if you want

leadehua

leadehua

Haro

Usually backgrounds are made by using filters or brushes. Look around the art and design section of this site should have links to brushes.

Signature
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/178802/
-Within lies there is truth, the hard part is telling where is the truth. >.<
-Sleep is good. ^_^

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

photoshop...check yourself slowly how to use thyem filters, all my best walls are done only with that few options alone, be creative and only use that as a limited tool, when you use that make sure you have a new layer for each and every effect you test, spare also the time to name those layers so that you donot confuse yourself with each effect (some are transparent so you can only see them a bit)
make sure also save two versions of a file, make a photoshop coopy and a jpeg file each time,
when you do so it is a receipt from which if you got your wall deleted here in MT, u can use the sand box thread to reevaluate your work or send the psd to the likes of nuriko or the high level mods to help you out....!
also, save them in highest quality, as both jpeg and photoshop will have a different highest quality definition, make sure you decide which one is best, worse cmes to worse, use bitmap saving to ensure that your effects are at the best!
ok, see ya around....

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Xerdo

Xerdo

Bakuretsu Muteki XerdoPwerko

find images that have similar colours to what you'll use as your main subject. Extract the colours, or filter the hell out of the images until you just have a mesh of colour combinations. That enough will be inspiration to draw "interface" things. 3D design is also quite a bit of help there. Make abstract figures in 3D software and then edit the images in photoshop.

Take these basic tips to begin. No particular order.
1) Make a 1600x1200 new document in photoshop, preferently keeping the background transparent. This is always the way you can start a good wallpaper.
2) Add colour the way I described. Look at your scan. You can even extract colour from elements in it. Have some sort of library of effects that suit your image.
3) Keep your composition in mind - so that you know where to apply what effect and where you're going to paste stuff.
4) Don't stay at that. Interface effects are now not only commonplace but also a requirement in proper wallpaper composition. Find some text you like and give credit. Make a grid. Add stars or wings or clouds. It's your world to decide what to do - as long as you stay with the subject matter at hand.
5) Look up "aureous section" or "rules of composition" on the web to see a better guide on where to put stuff on your wallpaper.
6) Keep colour combinations to three, tops four main colours/shades, so that your wallpaper is balanced.
7) Have a good collection of fonts. They do help. Become familiar with font effects. Maybe practice making a wallpaper ONLY with fonts, colour and effects. If you can make something look neat like that, you'll be ready to start working with scans.

* Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof, where nobody can retrieve it.*

Wow!
Thanks 4 the feedback guys..
So in other words..I can use photoshop 2 do all these effects?!?
Didn't know... :sweat:
Btw,which version is required?

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
Signature

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

There are lots of types of backgrounds. It depends which one you want to do. Most people starting to wall extract the character and put a cool abstract effect in the background. You can learn how to do some effects at good-tutorials.com by seraching 'abstract' in the search box.The other kind is proabably landscapes which is a bit harder because you cannot follow a tutorial for it. A little tip is to keep your colours coordinated. If the character you are walling is wearing green, don't go adding a pink background. add another shade of green or something that will match it.

Quote by flyableWow!Thanks 4 the feedback guys..
So in other words..I can use photoshop 2 do all these effects?!?
Didn't know... :sweat: Btw,which version is required?

Any version is ok but preferabbly CS and or CS2 because they have more capabilities. But the preceding PS versions are ok too because they have the filters. For brushes, you can go to places like deviantart.com to download ore brushes for your photoshop.

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image
Latest wall ::A Void in my Heart::

mukAi-

mukAi-

~juSt mE~

im stuck on making backrounds from scratch. i dont even kno where to start..... can some1 help me on this. its just confusing because im a noob to photoshop.

Signature
You did it again / All you ever do i doubt,
What do you want / Let me tell you what its all about.

momogai

momogai

I AM HERE BUT NOT....

the easiest way is to mix pictures and blend them in and/or you can set out the picture layers by layers so you dont screw up one the pic plus it takes less time for me

WhAt Am I? WhErE aM i? WhY aM i HeRe?
.....ItS tHe EnD.....

xRedPhoenix

xRedPhoenix

Red Eclipse

Usually using the Filter>>Render>>Cloud effect is used quite often. you can do a lot with it including making it twirl and then glow unaturally making the cool.. glowy effect i guess lol... Yeah try the cloud effet...

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

the simplest thing to do first is clouds. then you can put in some other filters and brushes. for brushes, go to deviant are like someone suggested above. and here are some sites for basic backgrounds:
http://imanimetions.net
http://www.good-tutorials.com/
http://cosmos.kayaki.org/<---it's for ps 6, but it should work for other versions cuz it worked for ps 7. i hope this helps.

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

smilealways

smilealways

f.R Designs

i think it is better if you start on small background like banners ... practice from there unlike wallpapers you have a huge backgound to work with ^^

but you could also try making one yourself for fun i guess and yes the basic step for BG's are to filter>clouds then ctrl U for some colours LOLx hope this helps

Signature

a good background for me is draw a river and grave

PD:I feel by my gramatica I don't know a lot of English, sorry

metalmallow

metalmallow

Vide Infra

This question is too broad, it like asking, "What should I paint on this canvas?"

DarkHieiX

the pizza guy

Quote by metalmallowThis question is too broad, it like asking, "What should I paint on this canvas?"

hahaha that's true but then again I would answer because you can.

This is only the beginning of the pain you will feel, Death shall be the end.
Pure is Impure, Impure is Pure, Good is Evil, Evil is Good.
Signature

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.