Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Vocabulary Lists - Minitokyo

Vocabulary Lists

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Elves

Elves

Wandering/Wondering Soul

I was making flash cards for the new vocabulary we're learning in my Japanese language course and encountered words that made me think, "Why!? are we learning this?" These words vary from "pre-paid telephone card" only to have the next word on the list be "soy sauce." So that got me wondering, "How strange is the vocab from your language course?"

Signature
Proud Member & Admin of::.Oldsters.::

tevi

tevi

Misa's evil twin

Eheh... Can't be as weird and useless as mine... =) I do Latin, so yeah, our vocab consists of "dead/dying" related words... And army words [you never know when I'll need those =P] And hair... Oh yeah, hair <3 Got to love Latin vocab XD

Signature Image

- same person; no difference at all, just a different sex

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

Most elementary vocabulary is just a jumble of words. Its good you get a good standard base before you move onto specific themes. Don't worry, as you progress, you'll get more related words.

Elves

Elves

Wandering/Wondering Soul

I was just thinking they're strange. I'm in second year Japanese, so the chapters do have themes. They're just strange....

Signature
Proud Member & Admin of::.Oldsters.::

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

We'll, I've been trhough 3 years of Classical Greek and Biblical Hebrew, 2 years of Latin, and suddenly, 1 year of German. My head nearly unhooked. I was so used to ancient, classical concepts and words, and suddenly I was confronted with words for everyday stuff in a language related to my own!

I could read a philosophical argument on the virtues of wisdom and sophistry on what is right and wrong and how to better yourself...and then how to order food from the restaurant.

The best part is always to discover words that sound obscene or just funny in your own language.

Can't remember any "hair" words though...

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

I take Latin, and we use this book: Lingva Latina per se illvstrata
The site explains it pretty well.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

Quote by DarthTofuI take Latin, and we use this book: Lingva Latina per se illvstrata

Ha! That brought back memories! I read (or rather skimmed) through that thing in while I was in high school. But in University we worked out of the Oxford Latin Course (3 vols. + 1 reader). Fun times.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

i'm taking jap too but we don't learn stuff like that, we learn things like basic everyday conversation and writing compositions..

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.