Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Im going to buy a notebook/laptop what should I get? - Minitokyo

Im going to buy a notebook/laptop what should I get?

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Jypt

Hibbity Dibbity

I was thinking of buying an alienware 7700 but i dont know whats best any sugestions would be appriciated ^_^

echidnaboy726

echidnaboy726

Good eye, sniper

I think you should get... something that's not from Ebay. The way I see it (I'm not an expert, by the way, so don't take me too seriously), a laptop is a sufficient investment that you're going to want to purchase it from a licensed retailer, or at least a more trustworthy source. I suppose Ebay is fine for buying CDs, movies, or whatever, but I dunno about a laptop... Regardless, happy hunting!

yeah u might actually want to get one from dell ro gateway or toshiba or even a computer store.
if u insist on gettin gone from ebay, look at the details
u want a sufficient amount of RAM and memory on ur hard drive, for starters

Jypt

Hibbity Dibbity

alright im going to buy from an ebay store if i didnt make myself clear with warranties and everything or from a user with the warranty

What ever you do do not buy a notebook from EBay!!!
What you mostly get is a worthless piece of junk that if you give it away for free, no
one will really want it.

There was this person whom had bought a notebook from Ebay and it was really a piece of junk. The CD-Rom don't work, windows does not install properly, freezed randomly, very low HD capacity and very low ram: 64mb was included in the notebook.

Also most of the time, it's actually refurbished or it has tons problems.
Think about it. If I bought a notebook for $2,000-3,000 do you think I would really want
to sell it off? No Way!!!

Get one from a retail store or from a notebook manufacture.
At least you get support and warranty as well as some of the latest techonlogy. ;)

If you still want to get a notebook from ebay well then go right ahead.

Signature

I think the hp pavilion zv5000 is pretty good, and I got it from overstock. Bad thing is that it's made for graphics and games... so I'm not sure if you want to do a lot of work on it.

ShAToWoLF

ShAToWoLF

State Dog

I like the Dell Gaming Laptop but thats me.

Signature

i've always gone with Dell and been happy with them. they have great Tech Support as well

MSGNoodle

woot

Alienware is really good at almost everyhting, except the battery life: it's relatively short compared to most modern laptops. Dell is okay, they're overpriced, and the preinstalled software/configuration is 100% crap. I favor Sony VAIO's, but that's just my bias. The best work laptop I know of is some IBM model; they cater their notebook computers towards the business industry -- also this means it's not a very impressive gaming machine.

Also, your budget can change the selection of laptops. The computers I mentioned above are sort of the more-expensive ones. A HP or Toshiba notebook will do fine, but don't expect anything great from it or the company.

bobobob

bobobob

wandering

shame on dell's, alienware is the only way to go. i love alienwares

for a notebook hmmm go for a deathnote ^^

It would be nice had you included a list of what you want to use your laptop for. Since you mentioned Alienware, I presume you're into playing games a lot. Also, telling us your budget would give people better ideas on what laptop to recommend presuming you haven't bought one yet.

i too would hesitate from buying your laptop from Ebay.

when thinking about getting one get one with at least 512mb of ram a hard-disk with over like 50gb(cant have to much) i have had trouble with dell especially in the battery area my battery boke on my inspiron after less than a year and i had to replace it and for the love of god get one with a good graphics card mine is only 64mb and im really mad about that my friend has a 256mb one and i hate him for it. its all up to you in the end depending on how much you want to spend and what you are using it for if it is for downloading and storing files a good graphics card isnt really important but memory is but it couldn't hurt to have a good graphics card for games. hope this helps :) and happy shopping

Yoh

Yoh

Yoh The Great!

I think that Dell laptops are fine. 2 friends bought a Dell Inspiron 9300 and they are really good!

Earn money reading e-mails here

Ebay is evil as everyone here has already stated I had a dell 9300 i bought it referbed with the gf6800 pci card and it was awesome it also had dual layer dvd gateway and toshiba are also excellent brands. alienware is good but its gonna be power hungry when it comes to battery life....

"I've had too many stand-offs with you and its about as much as I can stand."

If you plan on playing games go for the alienware.
I have one, its perfect if you don't care about the weight.
You could also try FalconNW
check out these places before going anywhere else

Tokitoh

Tokitoh

onmyoji

Yeah, Dell's fine. I have one and most of my friend have Dell, so yeah. I'd recommend Dell. If you want Windows and bugs that go with it. If you don't, go buy a Mac. 8)

Signature

I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on ebay.

my opinion is go with ibm. dell laptops are ok, but ibm is far superior, but you have to be willing to pay for it. ibm laptops aren't cheap, but you'll get longer battery life and an all around better laptop.

hmm k, well no ebay experience here with laptops, although I've bought a good sencond hand thinkpad online once..
as for what kind..
the higher end dells are ok I hear.. the cheap one's are -crap-
personally can't stand HP
on ther hand..
IBM thinkpads.. they're -great- even second hand worth every penny.
they think of everything.. hardware works good and is decent, keyboard types great and this thinklight thingie (small build-in keyboard light) is just wonderful for light nite typing.
another pro is fujitsu-siemens, personally never owned one.. but the lifebook P series can have a battery life of up to 10 hours and 2 -weeks- in suspend mode..
also good build-in hardware. and both of them are build to last. good build.

another bad in my experience: elcheapo acer books.. I have no idea how they get them so -slow-
ah yes.. and what ever you do.. do -not- buy a sony.. they break.. and there support is -hell- they won't even talk to you before you pay 20 dollar with your creditcard, no kidding.

[short sigs yay!]
URL: http://web.expr42.net/ or http://web6.expr42.net/
-death ot the signature bunny!- :)

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.