Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 hate offical discusion threads - Minitokyo

hate offical discusion threads

page 1 of 1 6 total items

i really want to know why we have offical discision threads!!! they are usually like...100 pages long and if you ever want any infomation, you will always go to the officals threads which limites the different threads that we can make.
if you are a supporter of these offical discision threads...please don't kill meee^^'

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

The point of the forum isn't to make threads, but to have discussions. To say that official threads limit the different threads you can make is ignoring the purpose of the forums. The reason we use official discussion threads is to prevent people from making a bazillion duplicate threads on the same thing. We don't want people to make a new thread for every new development in some anime, and that's why we have official threads, to keep all that discussion in one place. I think official threads facilitate better discussions, as everyone knows to go to the same place whenever a new idea arises. If you had multiple duplicates, people will all post in different places and no discussion will take place between any meaningful number of people.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

peniko

peniko

if only everyday sunny

i dont really like oficial discusion thread...but if the one who made that is a adm of the anime official page or the owner of the page that will be alright.....
but this kind of thread is really woks to increase your level....... :)

very nice wallpaper still waiting for shuffle! 13 to come out ^^
i wish they would release it faster-_-

elessar007

elessar007

Scan Collector Extradonaire

There was some great discussion about official threads about a week ago. I forget the name of the thread that the discussion was in. If only there was someway to know where to go when you want to talk about a specific topic. Oh wait, there is. It's called an 'official thread.' The point of an official thread is so people know where to post ideas on a specific topic so that other people can see those ideas without having to wade through multiple threads. All the info is in one place.
Let me give you a parallel example:
Imagine if they didn't have categories for the scans and wallpapers here at MT. You just made some really cool custom brushes and now you want to try them out by starting a new wallpaper. You say to yourself, "Let me find a good scan of Rei and I'll make that Evangelion wallpaper I sketched out the other day." Now you go to the thumbnail pages of the scans on this site and you sit there for two hours just looking at thumbnails because there is no system of categorizing so you have no idea where to look for a good scan. All you can do is click 'next' over and over again.
That's why there are official threads- so people know where to look for info and ideas about specific topics. The point of the forums isn't to make your own personal threads, the point is to have discussion with other members. The best way to do that is to use official threads for certain topics so that there aren't multiple threads of the same topic.

I must agree...sometimes u want to make a big deal out of a song or something and if u say something in a discussion thread they ignore it coz there are millions of other topics all at once..discussion threads usually have repeated staements too...

\(^o^)/

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.