Finding rare games

page 1 of 1 11 total items

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

Cancel

I was searching on the net to find Valkyrie Profile the game for PS1. When I found it on stores online it was $225. (there was something I wanted to say about that; Are they freakin' high or somethin') Also I have a hard time getting Japanese games. One is the region coding device that prevents me from playing foriegn games. Two I can't read Japanese. Three, you can't really find them in retailers. Most Japanese games never even come out in English. Also I have been trying to find Riviera the GBA game, but it sold out on almost all places when it came out. It's so hard to find these games, and it would take so much money to even buy one. Does any one else have problems finding games that are rare?

As Karl Marx had said in the last sentence of the "Communist Manifesto,"
"Anime fans around the world unite!"
Create a revolution for anime.

• Oct 07, 2005

bobobob

bobobob

wandering

Cancel

Well Valkyrie Profile is a really old game(but its my 2nd faviort RPG game) and i love that game. try going to a local store and see if they have a used one. i dont really have a problem getting old games because i got friends that happen to have it and i know how to get old games.

• Oct 07, 2005

Kitizhi

Kitizhi

Darkness

Cancel

I've had an experience with a rare game. Took me a while to find a PS2 version of Capcom Vs Marvel. It costed me $85 and they sell really fast once someone has a copy to sell.

• Oct 07, 2005
Cancel

I was lucky and found vp for 35 at a local game store. It's mostly a gamble

• Oct 07, 2005
Cancel

I never heard of that game...^^

• Oct 07, 2005
Cancel

Yeah...I had a problem with DBGT Final Bout for the PS1. Not that great of a game...but when I was looking for it a long time ago...it was going for about $150.

• Oct 10, 2005

azndude88

azndude88

AznDude88

Cancel

but now FB is out in eng and it is cheap but Marvel vs capcom 2 for ps2 is hard to find

What Can Any One Do ?

Prose

Prose

Wonderlust

Cancel

I've had nearly all the super rare games from most consoles for awhile, just because I'm a dope and buy any game I think I might want to play as soon as it comes out. But when a game slips through, I do the following. One, search on eBay and get an idea of what people are paying for the game. Two, search the major game retailers sites such as Gamestop or EB. They have a really good feature of finding the game in a local retailer by entering your zip code. If neither of those have the game in the area, you can try the BestBuy/Walmart/whatever sites, and do the search by zip code there too.

If they do have the game for a reasonable price (try to factor in time travelled there, and any discount you may get. I know Gamestop and EB have 10% off used games with their respective cards). Then.. try Yahoo's shopping area. They have some awesome deals and you can get some nice stuff. Amazon and Half.com are also good ways to find something rare.

Games like Valkyrie Profile and Panzer Dragoon Saga will always fetch a high price because of high demand and limited quantities. ;x So beware. Good luck in your future searches! Try to anticipate which games will be underground hits and reserve them when possible, that's probably the best advice I can give. Hope this helped.

Signature

angelicdemonIII

angelicdemonIII

Dark and Light

Cancel

you know what is rare that I have the oringal Xenogers not the rerelease but the oringal SquareSoft Xenogears. that is hard to find.

Signature Image

• Oct 11, 2005
Cancel

Yes, Xenogears was outrageously hard to find. But I somehow found it for $25.99 at EBGames. I was so overjoyed. Xenogears, is a complete classic and always will be.

Signature Image

• Oct 11, 2005

angelicdemonIII

angelicdemonIII

Dark and Light

Cancel

Quote by HeavensWrathYes, Xenogears was outrageously hard to find. But I somehow found it
for $25.99 at EBGames. I was so overjoyed. Xenogears, is a complete
classic and always will be.

is it the SquareSoft version or the SquareEnix version??

Signature Image

• Oct 11, 2005

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.