Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 MT not as fun as it used to be? 0_o - Minitokyo

MT not as fun as it used to be? 0_o

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

pyromaniac-kitty

pyromaniac-kitty

Don't freeze...Just CHill!

I've been here for quite a couple of months now and I had a blast interacting here and sharing my cg art with everyone. But for quite some time there had been radical changes here for different reasons (ie: category removal, strictness, limited fav..etc) Not that I'm protesting to that but this are really felt especially by the old members here. I don't blame the admin either because they are just doing thier job because some of the members here are really rude or hard headed.

What do you think guys...is the iron fist really being put down on us? Who is to blame?

I personally think that the members and admin should be more united as I can observe this division is really taking its toll. Radical changes or not misunderstandings should be settled first. If not I guess I can forsee MT will lose it's charm. Just my personal opinion you guys!

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

DernierCri

DernierCri

identity mayhem

well for starters threads like this don't help us unite.
New rules are implemented into mt with the idea the transition to mt3 not to be shocking for everyone... not to mention that all the changes will help mt to be cleaner and/or to prevent some bad trends into going really wrong for the community...

on a side note if it is not fun why are you here... lol
DCout~andannoyedbecauseofnonsensethreads

pyromaniac-kitty

pyromaniac-kitty

Quote by DernierCriwell for starters threads like this don't help us unite. New rules are
implemented into mt with the idea the transition to mt3 not to be
shocking for everyone... not to mention that all the changes will help
mt to be cleaner and/or to prevent some bad trends into going really
wrong for the community...
on a side note if it is not fun why are you here... lol
DCout~andannoyedbecauseofnonsensethreads

Well...it's just a little opinion I like to point out...I know it's no biggie and a lot may probably think it's a waste of space. If I am wrong then so be it and I never said anything about protesting. I would just like to know if there are other people who feel the same. Sorry if the title is too literal but it wasn't meant to be. We are here for different reasons and so are the rules I am fully aware of that. I simply want to know if this is true and what is causing this and possibly a solution too..

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Like you, I'm one of the senior members here. Been here through thick and thin. Opened my eyes to some of the best (and worst) stuff I've ever seen.

It is getting a little dull around here but so far, this doesn't concerned me. I'm too busy with my real life to give a damn about these changes. XD

But it ain't fun to see cheap submissions on the front page, that's for sure.

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Hmmm well, new rules are always being implemented, and people always complain ans such. It goes in cycles actually. Period of rules and complaints - period of calm and such - new period of rules etc.
As for having fun, then best period is always your first 3 or so weeks, when you're new and you know few people and you have no problems with the forum and such. After that you start to see that in a community this size, there are problems. It is inevitable.

And yes, if you want to aks me, I had more fun with mt when I wasn't a mod. :D

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

I've been here for almost 40 weeks and yes, things do seem more dull than it used to.

If MT3 is goin to be like this then....

Signature

tishdon

tishdon

Lost in Transit

Fun is in the eye of the beholder, hum? or is that beauty oh well. Like in real life you make your own fun, I personally have fun looking/downloading the pictures and talking to other members. But I have noticed in several of my groups that there doesn't seem to be as many members stopping by MT and also the recent submissions of walls and scans have really dropped in quality and effort :( I though maybe it was the season, everyone will eventually visit MT and interact with other members like when I joined *optimist* Until then I'll just be floating around MT having fun :)

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Well, I'm here on MT for 20 weeks+ and I must say that things have gotten change since the time I have signed up here.

It's not that I'm getting bored here on MT but things really change... dunno why I have that feeling but I really like it here when I'm here for the first time.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

i've been here in mt for quite a few months now and have gained friends, seen a lot of things, whined, rant, and argued with a lot of people.. but that's the beauty of it, we change, there's always ups and downs, i think this is down-time for mt, lets just bear with them for the moment

things are getting a lot stricter here then what it used to be, but they just have to, most new members are just plain arrogant, rude, and allergic to rules. i don't personally agree with some of the changes but if that is what they see fit, i'm in no position to complain..as long as i am generally law-abiding, and so are others like you and me who have been here for quite some time, we are helping the community by not adding to the problem..

pyromaniac-kitty

pyromaniac-kitty

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way and that's good enuf for me and even the mod agrees in a way XD Yes, change is good...(I told you i'm not protestinG!) And as a matter of fact I still enjoy it here. Maybe it's just a matter of adjustment or finding something new. And now that I realize it maybe it is the season...anyway thank you for your opinion minna...pls keep em coming i wana learn more on people's thoughts on the changing MT..again this is not a protest post!

Regenbogen

Regenbogen

Somewhere over the Rainbow...

Quote by lapuki've been here in mt for quite a few months now and have gained
friends, seen a lot of things, whined, rant, and argued with a lot of
people.. but that's the beauty of it, we change, there's always ups and
downs, i think this is down-time for mt, lets just bear with them for
the moment
things are getting a lot stricter here then what it used to be, but
they just have to, most new members are just plain arrogant, rude, and
allergic to rules. i don't personally agree with some of the changes
but if that is what they see fit, i'm in no position to complain..as
long as i am generally law-abiding, and so are others like you and me
who have been here for quite some time, we are helping the community by
not adding to the problem..

Hmm... hello... I am here for just 3 weeks now... so I guess in your eyes I am one of these new members. I must really say, posts like this won't improve anything. Do you think by splitting each other up in "New members" and "old members" and comments like "New members are this and that..."I know you wrote MOST new members are... but still... will it help the community to unite? Conflicts always start when such things happen... forming groups of poor and rich, small and tall... or old and new... I think it's sad that this is happening here at MT...

For myself, yes I am new... and i just want to have a good time here... upload my wallpapers... hoping to get some feedback so that I can learn... and talk to people who share my interests.
Are old member different people than new members? There are arrogant, rude, friendly, nice, easily offended... etc. people everywhere... so please stop writing things like "new members are..." I think it rather forces the conflicts to rise rather than calming them down.
It shouldn't be the question whether you are new or old...Or am I wrong... But when I read such things to me appears that this person is building a wall around herself. So new members... why do they come here? To join... if you make them feel all these walls all the time... How will they react?...

We should simply all ... as members... help to make this place a "better place" since it is us who write comments, who upload submissions etc.

And about the comments saying that MT is best at the beginning. Of course... I get a new toy... when do I like it most... at the beginning, when it is still new and without scratches. That's very human...
And anyays you are still here... so I think we all like this place here you just get to know it better and start to see the difficulties more than at the beginning.

Oh god... sorry... I don't intend writing a novel but I wish this splitting into groups and the categorization into new and old, wouldn't always take place in communities such as MT...
Maybe then, less regulations would be necessary? ... at least it's something to think about, isn't it?

Signature

pyromaniac-kitty

pyromaniac-kitty

Quote by Regenbogen
Hmm... hello... I am here for just 3 weeks now... so I guess in your
eyes I am one of these new members. I must really say, posts like this
won't improve anything. Do you think by splitting each other up in "New
members" and "old members" and comments like "New members are this and
that..." it will help the community to unite? Conflicts always start
when such things happen... forming groups of poor and rich, small and
tall... or old and new... I think it's sad that this is happening here
at MT...

I agree with her very much! And I think it's not right that people here are labelled as 'new', 'old', 'stupid noob/mod' and such subliminal names. I think this is another problem that rose up that caused this division greatly and took a lot of fun and good terms in interacting. It's true post like this isn't such a changer but I think a little sensible discussion/venting can go a long way.

I do hope this phase passes out in time...I surely wouldn't like to see this generous community be degraded because we ourselves can't be disciplined :)

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

for what i think,i believe that MT is a good place, it is compare to other sites like animeyume or any relative anime community site a more challenging site, honestly, i work day and night and still will want to find the challnege of putting up my walls here just so that someone out there would understand how i do my artwork. i fancy that rules and hard fast regulations here limits the potential walls that make it look otherwise stuffed and under quality. I beleive i have seen here nothing but the filtered best.
botchii and the likes of mods make great effort to implement such rules and i have to beleive that most members(i really have to say that, though i am NOT discriminating) especially new kids in the house suffer a lot when they just entered into the wallpaper making community such as this, they complaint, i have once complaint but when i have learned to see the bigger picture that is how my wallpapers are never good enough, i will strive to make it better.....
(I think that is outta da topic)
BUT....i have never failed to see how much MT has put in the effort to make this community site a better place, better for all the rest of us, though we are like what pyro-kitty have said, how she agrees that new members and old members divided is a pretty sad sight, it is true isn't it (honestly i was like that once), i have see there is the need for the iropn fist to be put down to make a place better for the rest of us. showing leniency will only weaken the community. (though it is easier for the majority, it makes a place like MT suffers from commonplace just-so-so community). A generous community MT is, however, without the up and downs, the phases like new members and old members dividing and then eventually grouping back together, it would be meaningless to grow, we are only growing big, not making progress is the most pathethic a commnuity as great as MT to be seen.
I think it is about time that when we are thinking of ourselves having fun here in MT, we should be thanking that we are even having fun when all the rest around us are piercing us, infiltrating, defiling(am i too harsh?) MT as we speak, that we can still be peaceful adn yet go on to continue the great MT generosity, it is to be worth every penny of your thanks.
Instead of complaining, i see much more space to improve and very soon, i hope that MT will become a even better place for all of us./
I must written an essay up here.....sorry
Just a penny of my thoughts, MODS and Admins, and whoever responsible, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK , coz without U ALL, IT IS NOT MT AND IT ain't possible TO BE MT as we see it now!! Thumbs Up!!!!!!!!

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

On the original argument, or the topic of the post, yes. For me, MT isn't as fun anymore. It's lost it's original glamour for me. I guess... I just grew out of it? I'm spending a lot less time on the computer, but I used to make a point of getting on just to check notifications. Now it's not a big thing.

Like white-zero, it appears real life has a stronger hold on me. I won't go into ranting about the immaturity and other unpleasant attributes of people here, not pointing blame.

im not protesting either,
just wanted to note there are things that make me sad. one of my friends who i kept in touch with was banned when she was already lvl 70 with a perfect collection of pictures and even more interesting topics for discussion. i think that banning such members is a bit unfair. hopefully im doing ok here since im not very active because of serious lack of time

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by nikoraiim not protesting either,
just wanted to note there are things that make me sad. one of my friends who i kept in touch with was banned when she was already lvl 70 with a perfect collection of pictures and even more interesting topics for discussion. i think that banning such members is a bit unfair. hopefully im doing ok here since im not very active because of serious lack of time

No she was banned for perfectly legit reasons look at this thread if you don't beleive me
http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/34055/

As for the MT not being the same as it used to I'd have to agree. It's for simple reasons to people not useing the search button and making duplicates of threads already in existance. I mean there must have been atleast 20 Final Fantasy Advent Children Threads started. I think it is also the fact that alot of members new and old just haven't read the rules. Many don't even care and post whatever they want. All I know is MT just isn't the same as when I joined it's much different

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

zimmer

zimmer

uk.myspace.com/zairidesign

Since most of the oldies member have died out.
Its time for the new generation of MT to take over.
Fresh Ideas, New Creativities and New Excitement.=)

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Hmmm ^__^ Well, I joined around May 2005 so I guess I'm still a noob. I think there was a period after the initial "oooh all these wonderful wallies to leech and comment on!" feeling wore off when I felt a little bored. But then I started getting to know some people on MT better, and I feel like it's a continual process. It's all online but I'm really heart-glad at having to gotten know so many people, and I feel like MT is really a lovely community of wonderful and talented people. And it made me want to wall and learn how to use photoshop... or some of photoshop rather, lol. I'm such a noob. But I've been creatively inspired. So yah, there's been lots of changes, but some people are still the same and it's exciting to see new people's works XD

The only thing that's changed the most for me is that I never check the forums anymore. shinsengumi's presence in the forums is greatly missed... But yah. Looking forward to MT3 and hope to stick around here some more in the future >_<

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by zimmerSince most of the oldies member have died out.

I love the way you're thinking!

But the oldie members didn't die out, some of them turned into Elitist Scums and got deleted. XP XP XP

Signature

Personally, I haven't really noticed the changes =p I know about them, but it hasn't changed anything for me. I never fav much because I find it pointless to fav something that is only good, I want to fav stuff that I think truely is amazing and deserves it. I think it is good they are cracking down on duplicate threads, I myself got a thread closed because of that. I did do the search but I must have typed it wrong because nothing came up -.-; But I find it good, there are too many people that try to get there level really fast and too many people that.

I think the iron fist is needed for any online community otherwise it turns to me full of a bunch of morons and isn't any fun for the older members alot of people would leave to move to other such online communities. While I understand what you are saying, I completely disagree. You also have to understand, this is makeing more work for the mods so they must believe that this is needed or will better MT in the end.

That all I have to say, hope I didn't offend you ^^

When it comes down to it, we are all at the mercy of idiots.

Anime trade? PM for list ^^

pyromaniac-kitty

pyromaniac-kitty

Actually...contrary to this I am not offended by the site's strctness...I am very nuetral with the rules and I believe they have thier own pro's and cons and it is rather nice order is prolifirated here..:) Since a lot of people agreed MT gets dull at some point...I just wanted to know why people think this way...

The "iron fist" thing or the season or rude members or real life getting in the way are just some of the possible theories why online communities get dull...so anything else besides that? What solution do you think would be fit to this? :D

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

Quote by Regenbogen

Quote by lapuki've been here in mt for quite a few months now and have
gained
friends, seen a lot of things, whined, rant, and argued with a lot of
people.. but that's the beauty of it, we change, there's always ups and
downs, i think this is down-time for mt, lets just bear with them for
the moment
things are getting a lot stricter here then what it used to be, but
they just have to, most new members are just plain arrogant, rude, and
allergic to rules. i don't personally agree with some of the changes
but if that is what they see fit, i'm in no position to complain..as
long as i am generally law-abiding, and so are others like you and me
who have been here for quite some time, we are helping the community by
not adding to the problem..

Hmm... hello... I am here for just 3 weeks now... so I guess in your
eyes I am one of these new members. I must really say, posts like this
won't improve anything. Do you think by splitting each other up in "New
members" and "old members" and comments like "New members are this and
that..."I know you wrote MOST new members are... but still... will it
help the community to unite? Conflicts always start when such things
happen... forming groups of poor and rich, small and tall... or old and
new... I think it's sad that this is happening here at MT...
For myself, yes I am new... and i just want to have a good time here...
upload my wallpapers... hoping to get some feedback so that I can
learn... and talk to people who share my interests. Are old member
different people than new members? There are arrogant, rude, friendly,
nice, easily offended... etc. people everywhere... so please stop
writing things like "new members are..." I think it rather forces the
conflicts to rise rather than calming them down.
It shouldn't be the question whether you are new or old...Or am I
wrong... But when I read such things to me appears that this person is
building a wall around herself. So new members... why do they come
here? To join... if you make them feel all these walls all the time...
How will they react?...
We should simply all ... as members... help to make this place a
"better place" since it is us who write comments, who upload
submissions etc. And about the comments saying that MT is best at the
beginning. Of course... I get a new toy... when do I like it most... at
the beginning, when it is still new and without scratches. That's very
human...
And anyays you are still here... so I think we all like this place here
you just get to know it better and start to see the difficulties more
than at the beginning.
Oh god... sorry... I don't intend writing a novel but I wish this
splitting into groups and the categorization into new and old, wouldn't
always take place in communities such as MT...
Maybe then, less regulations would be necessary? ... at least it's
something to think about, isn't it?

i'm just being realistic.. its pathetic (for me) to say that there is no actual division, come on, its darn obvious. i myself hate it, i'm not thetype fo person who'll ignore new members, or bash them if they do something wrong.. but you have to admit the fact that a lot of newer members give a bull's ass about the rules, and how to treat others, new and old alike, with utmost respect.. categorization? the problem is there really is a "category" and you can never change that, but i never said that old members should be arrogant and boss their way around, no it shouldn't be like that.. old members should be the ones who should teach the "young" ones on how to act properly here in mt..

Quote by jakulito

Quote by zimmerSince most of the oldies member have died out.

I love the way you're thinking!

But the oldie members didn't die out, some of them turned into Elitist Scums and got deleted. XP XP XP

hell yeah you got that right man.. add to that, some members who lick some peeps asses here just to feel that they are superior to others.. right white boy?

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Uh.. it's not that it becomes dull. The problem is that everything fades, even passions. Let me make an example. Games will get dull after a while, so will books or movies and just about everything else. It's not that you're bothered by it, simply put you are not as enthusiastic as when you joined, because back then it was all new to you, and now it is not. There are 3 possible reactions to this:
1) you leave for good
2) you start a cicle, with periods when you care litttle for it, and period you are back again from square one.
3) You stay jut as well, not enjoying yourself as much as you did, but still .. you like it :D

Everything in life is like that, you know? :D

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Some of the changes for some members have been for the worse. Some of the changes for other members have been for the better. Experimenting through these changes will help you determine whether they're for better or for worse.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.