Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Are animals afraid of their own death? - Minitokyo

Are animals afraid of their own death?

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

Are animals afraid of their own death?
Or are they plain enough to ignore that happening? Did you see your pets acting in a way that would answer this question?

OMG...liek I've bean banned cuz I'm n idiot. DUH ARMY GAME R0X0RZ!!1!!!!

I'm not sure they'd be afraid of death-- if they contemplated it or whatever enough to be...
They'd probably be afraid of not leaving any children behind to keep their species going. And maybe fear the pain that would logically accompany their demise. *shrugs* Can't say I've thought that much about this topic before...

tele-fragd

tele-fragd

Cheeky Peach <3

hehe its funny, we were discussing this in human biology class today because we're studying evolution and natural selection etc.

I think animals just fear dying before reproducing because they basically become useless if they don't.

Homer: Pffft English. Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
Mr Largo: Lisa, do you find something funny about the word "tromboner"?
-------------------------------------

//My Anime Collection

Kizuna

Kizuna

Look at this!

I don't think they know about death

like what Kizuna says, animals dont know about 'death'
they do feel pain though like when they're leg is broken etc.
they would also squirm when in pain. i be squirming too if i was on fire or something.

Signature Image

i tihnk all living things know and have a fear for death, if they felt nothing for it then why do they have such strong survival instincts?

snarzz

snarzz

kawaii deschou ^^

they are probably not afraid of death....they can be afraid of corpses...but that would only be because it could have died from a desise or something and don´t want that because their genetics tell them to breed...the survival instincts are not because they are afraid...they are their so that the bird or whatever it may be can help its spiesies to evolve...or something like that ....i am a human and I don´t fear death...I only fear the sorrow it will caus others ^^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

ili

ili

Auron Fangirl

Well, cats leave their owners when they know they are going to die. I don't hink animals fear death. They are blessed with ignorance. Or at least blessed that they can't really think about it as we humans seem to.

We had to put my dog down a few months ago because he had a cancerous growth. He was the happiest thing and looked forward to the car trip that would lead to his demise. Unless animals are old and die naturally I don't think they are aware at all of what is about to happen to them, thus there is no fear.
But our other dog was very quiet afterwards. He could probably pick up on the general sadness of the household.

I guess there's no real way of knowing. We can't really communicate with animals like we can with other humans. We can't ask them what's on their minds and how they feel. Animals don't possess such a high interllect as we humans do. They are probably better off without it anyway. I don't think they fear it, unless they are about to be eaten by another creature. But I do think they feel sorrow. Just look at Elephants when one of their herd members dies.

Signature Image
Auron: "Outside the dream world, life can be harsh--even cruel, but it is life."

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.