Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Complaining Too Much About Dubbed Anime - Minitokyo

Complaining Too Much About Dubbed Anime

page 1 of 1 17 total items

happianime

happianime

May all your dreams come true!

I have seen a lot of this in the forums a lot and it kind of gets on my nerves. I know the American editors did really bad dubbing to numerous animes I see. They take out the nice japanese songs in the anime because of the show times. But some dubbed anime were alright to me like the ones on adult swim and the Bo-bo-bo show. Naruto for instance, people say they hate it very much but I think that they did alright if it weren't for the edits and the wrong pronunciation of some of the words...they could've done a bit better on it or just put it on Adult Swim.

Don't think of me as a stupid anime fan but the english dubs can sometimes help you understand what is going on. I'm not saying that subbed anime is bad but some of it might be a little inaccurate. Some people critique dubbed anime as "bad" or "It really sucks!" and stuff like that. I really dislike hearing that a lot.

I hope you know how I feel. If you like your anime subbed then you can watch it like that. ^_^ If you like it dubbed then watch it dubbed. If there is another thread then you can lock it if you want to. That's all I can say.

Always approach with a smile!

NinjaCloud

NinjaCloud

A Child of The Night

Well it kind of depends on the people who release the anime,but I must admit I am tired of hearing people complain all the time.I mean just watch the japanese vers.

We've all become God's madmen...all of us.

Ultimaninja

The Ultimate Ninja

It is true that most of the time anime shows are messed up, but the only problem with Naruto is Naruto's voice...it seems a little scratchier then what I pictured. But the corperation that played it were pretty accurate to the manga.

But the two main corperations that suck are:

1. Viz
2. Funimation

I have to admit Pokemon in the non-edited versions were cooler and in the manga version of Yugioh, the Pharoh was some psyco, pyromaniac who sent people he didn't like to hell (Not the S%*^^y shadow realm.)

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

we lucky we have anime at all. They did very good on FMA and Inuyasha in my opinion.

WasZanz

WasZanz

Doin my part.

Quote by UltimaninjaIt is true that most of the time anime shows are messed up, but the only problem with Naruto is Naruto's voice...it seems a little scratchier then what I pictured. But the corperation that played it were pretty accurate to the manga.
But the two main corperations that suck are:1. Viz2. Funimation
I have to admit Pokemon in the non-edited versions were cooler and in the manga version of Yugioh, the Pharoh was some psyco, pyromaniac who sent people he didn't like to hell (Not the S%*^^y shadow realm.)

Narutos voice is pretty close to his voice in the non dubbed version.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Strawberry444

Strawberry444

~ The HYPER and Insane one ~

Quote by NinjaCloudWell it kind of depends on the people who release the anime,but I must
admit I am tired of hearing people complain all the time.I mean just
watch the japanese vers.

Yup. True dat. I mean, when they said the english shaman king sucked, I was a little pissed, and i love both versions. I mean, yeah it was kinda bad.. but I love both! So, i agree with happianime for sure.

...Funga-fufu!!! - Yoh Asakura

ChaoticOni

ChaoticOni

Timeless Existence

I agree with your opinion that there are some dubs that were good and on par with the original jap dubing. One of which is Cowboy Bebop which did an amazing job on the anime and the movie. The Gundam Seed in english however is not good in my opinion, as you said, the openings were cut short which really and i mean really pissed me off, they completely butchered the songs, unghs. Not to mention, there was hardly any feeling between Kira and Athrun which was highly demonstrated in the jap, and Lacus, her voice in english is utter crap (I apologize to those against this). As long as the dubbing is decent I can live with it. Inuyasha, Gundam Wing, Cowboy Bebop, Witch Hunter Robin all of these have decent dubs that i cannot argue with. I will only go against dubbing that really drive me crazy. However, in the situation of a bad dub, i just turn it off. There is no point in getting angry at something that you love.

It all depends on the people who release it and who the voice actors are. There are plenty of animes that i love the dubs for: like kiddy grade, steel angel kurumi, Yu yu hakusho, etc etc. some dubs do piss me off when they completely mess. Subs are still my prefered way but ill gladly watch a dub if its done well

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

What's funny is that the anime a lot of people complain about are the animes shown on TV. Well, yea they're going to be editted and such, no kidding. Get the DVDs.

For those who don't like Dubbed DVD release series, that's what the language select is for. They really have no valid argument.

FallingAwake

FallingAwake

Seafaring Swashbuckler

I'm very tired of people complaining about dubbed and edited anime. It's been done so many times before, everyone knows it, there's no point in starting threads about it. It's just sour grapes.

Believe it or not, but people actually watch the anime that's on TV. That's why it's there! If it didn't get any ratings, it would have been removed. If it's on TV, and you can't stand it, then buy the DVDs or turn it off.

Haha, and im tired of complaining about people complaining. Oh fandom- you so funny!

Signature Image

Erinecera

Erinecera

Cat Lover

Here, where I live, dubbed versions are as amusing and close to being real as the subbed ones. The voices match the characters very well.

I l o v e c a t s !
=^-^= <--- this my loving sidekick, Martin

Heh
Lemme tell u what it changes if its dubbed. It changes everything. U cant show the same emotions in english like in japanese, and that is a fact. U cant mark japanese voice, u can show feelings emotions and stuff but not in the same way. Its not just with english. I saw x tv in german, belive me it was awful just because it wasnt japanese.
if u ppl like to watch anime with dub go ahead ur choice but i think it is unfair to force ppl to do that. that is why u hear alot of camplains. cause u dont have option to choose...

now whats the problem - u can always buy anime on dvd and watch it in japanese.
answer: not all of us.
anime market in poland (where i live) is small ._.
it acctualy doesnt exist at all.
what we have here is some popular series in tv and internet,
now the rule in states(cause they sub the most of anime) is: "u can sub anime unless its released in tv or dvd"
so after release in us i can dig the net for ages to find subbed show or watch it dubbed
or dont watch it at all

heart-of-manga

heart-of-manga

Yuna - My idol

I agree.
People make too much of a fuss.
I must say, I prefer subbed anime, to dubbed, but dubbed anime is good for late at night.
When your eyes are tired x_x

Signature Image

Kyoo69

me -> Kyo`

Well, I don't have anything against dubbed anime though I always watch japaneese sounds + subs. It's just that many dubs are not good, the voices doesn't fit or are totaly sucked out of emotions. I don't have a reason to complain about it because I don't watch dubs, so pretty much I don't care :P It's not my business after all.
The only thing that pisses me off is when someone watches a serie with bad dubs, in example a drama when the voices tottaly lack the emotion and make tragic situations look really fake or plain funny. Then that someones says "xxx sucked" even though the japaneese sound version is really great, but he didn't even hear it because he only watches dubbed anime -_- It's so so so not fair to the show imo...

up up and away

ansforce

ansforce

KINYA KOTANI

Yes I agree with you guys, sometimes I don't like english dubbed version. I just only watch japanese anime and hearing japanese voices, and looking at the english translations.

The Rage Beat Signature Image
Latest Scan Sakura Kicks!

calibretto23

calibretto23

Open your eyes...

Hey myself i think of Anime as a visual art, and i don't like distractions while i'm taking it in. Its kinda like going to the museum and getting a headset that tells you all about the paintings. its nice and all but you don't get time to take in the whole picture to make your own judgements on it. thats how i feel about subbed anime. If i'm too busy trying to read it leaves little time for me to understand/appricieate the beauty on the screen.

btw what the crap do you mean you can be emotive in English? crap it may just be me but i believe that people have been acting in europe as long as they have in eastern asia. but i guess someone needs to tell shakespeare that his work is inferior because its in english.

As an artist myself i don't believe that we should force artists to change their work, but i've actually had conversations with japaneese friends and they all wonder what the crap is wrong with people becuase americans don't want to watch stuff in the language that americans speak.

I'm not condemming subs... in fact i've partaken of them in the past when the dub didn't tickle my fancy. Plus most of the sub lovers remember the days when dubs were a lot worse and subs cost 10 dollars more. but thats just my two cents... i think we should all live happily in the fact that we are able to partake of anime in any form :D

Signature Image

------------------------------------

Proud Member of:
|Hardcore-gamers| |Dub-Lovers-Group| |Fight-Club| |MT-singles| |FinalFantasyFans| |Samurai|

It will be nice if the dubbers can express truthfully the right lines with proper pronounciation, diction and of course... WITH feelings!!

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.