Why do people watch anime?

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 82 total items

AtmaCashino

AtmaCashino

The Destroyer of Everything

Cancel

I'm not against it or anything (I watch a hefty amount myself), but just curious as to why people watch.

Signature

Prepare for total annihilation!

• Oct 12, 2005
Cancel

cuz it's better then cartoons...

\"The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder.\"
-+Ralph W. Sockman
\"Noone dies a virgin because everyone gets screwed by life.\"

• Oct 12, 2005
Cancel

cuz it's goot at eating our time.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

• Oct 12, 2005
Cancel

Cause its intresting. Lots of stuff in it youd never find in american cartoons. The art is wonderful unlike the crap currently on tv (there hasnt been a well drawn american cartoon in years!). well thats my 2 bits

• Oct 12, 2005

NeoNikkiChan

Fushigi Kaze Kunoichi

Cancel

im rather picky on the stuff i watch and even more picky on the stuff i buy.
the reasons i what the anime i choose to watch are because i like the story line, art is good, the action is good, the romance is good, the intrigue is good, and or a combination of all of those reasons and then some.

"I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes" (Romans 1:16)

• Oct 12, 2005
Cancel

not anime? what else?

Signature

• Oct 12, 2005

Nedel

Nedel

The armor, the rose, the one

Cancel

There's nothing much better on TV friday nights. And some animes are great to watch. I dislike naruto, but I adore ghost in the shell and .Hack//Sign. I like it when it's not always some fighting, 'cause we usually all know who's gonna win and all...

(\ /) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature
(O.o) to help him on his way to world domination.
(> <)

• Oct 12, 2005

Kondo

Bunny Ronin

Cancel

Well, I watch it because it's fun, and it's interesting, I adore Japan and it's costumes, and it's a great way to learn about it.. ^.^

(\_/)
( . .)
c(")(")
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Proud Member of::[BunnyWorldDomination]::[Bleach]

The Bible::[Vol.1]::[Vol.2]::[Vol.3]

• Oct 12, 2005

Kyoo69

me -> Kyo`

Cancel

I watch them because they have interesting stories and lots of them are much more mature towards the viewer than any us cartoons that are just annoying most of the time, because well - most of them are for kids and that's the truth.
Also because there are many types and every type has lots of good titles, so you can find a good show no matter what do you feel like watching atm.
And finally because I love the japaneese drawing style and I'm strongly interested in Japan overall (just started learning the language) so I just don't have a choice but really enjoy watching anime ;)

up up and away

SierriusBlack

SierriusBlack

Atheistic Debater

Cancel

It's the same thing with any other form of entertainment: it's entertaining.

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
-Albert Einstein

• Oct 13, 2005
Cancel

Quote by SierriusBlackIt's the same thing with any other form of entertainment: it's entertaining.

Yes! Took it right of my mouth! Entertainment! And I like cartoons. Japanese cartoons have more content than American cartoons.. and I'm just talking about plots and storylines. (although some animes are just random XD )

• Oct 13, 2005
Cancel

It's fullfilling.

Cancel

i think the people watch anime because the anime is cool???!!!
well for me the anime is cool...!!!! i don´t know for the other person but for me is very funny anf cool!!! and i say: i love anime!!!!! :)

• Oct 13, 2005

ChaoticOni

ChaoticOni

Timeless Existence

Cancel

I guess its a hobby for me. It provides entertainment, enjoyment and it kills time.

• Oct 13, 2005
Cancel

Anime is just, brilliant. it's got nothing very little to do with the real world. Its a fun time, and has stuff in it that would never happen, even though we wish it would. It's enjoyable, it's drawn beautifully, it's FUN! it doesn't have to make sense, and thats really the best part about it.

Ahhh anime!!!

Ahhh manga!!!

Smile!! Sara loves you!!!

• Oct 13, 2005
Cancel

Because its different. I can say it uplifts my mind to watch these, because its just so beautiful. I'm sick of reality. Books and anime offer me to daze off and ignore everything.

• Oct 13, 2005
Cancel

Because it is intersting (well some of them anyways) and usually has more depth than your average TV show. Plus westernisation of everything is total garbage.

• Oct 13, 2005
Cancel

It gives me something/someone to idolise to, even though I will never get there. Idolising is fun =)

Everyone knows the meaning of death, but no-one knows the meaning of life...

• Oct 13, 2005
Cancel

gives entertainment... kills time and simply put its just better than cartoons

Cancel

lol well thats easy because its like reading a manga book me i cant begin to count how many anime's i own lol but i watch it because its something to do and i enjoy doing it. :)

If you ever find yourself lost....
Don't look to the past...
Take a new path...
To the future...

• Oct 13, 2005

cenocres

cenocres

a blind witness

Cancel

because i want to dream! escaped from myself in a world of magic, monsters, demons, heroes and so on. serious, during two years, i just worked and slept, no life outside school and homework, so i needed to think about something else. furthermore, i find music in anime really good, better than other films or whatever. i'm not against watching good films, but a good anime makes you dream.
and you?

libre de tous ses carcans,
il se leva et partit vers l'ouest.
plus rien ne le retenait, maintenant

• Oct 13, 2005

sakuragigi

sakuragigi

Sakura

Cancel

hmm.... anime... why i watch anime... cause i am on to the drawings an the work an the art work an the sounds... I just love anime on everything ><

Cancel

Becaue we simply love it!!! :D

• Oct 13, 2005
Cancel

I watch 'em coz it's so interesting... check out the artwork... storylines and plot...

some anime are drame based. just think of it like watching drama sitcoms coz the theme could sometimes no different

• Oct 13, 2005

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 82 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.