Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why do people watch anime? - Minitokyo

Why do people watch anime?

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 82 total items

kusco

kusco

Nice ? Me ? What a joke

Because it's so good watching it. Art is a pleasure for eyes, sound for ears, and plot for what's left

Bye everyone. I left Minitokyo.
Hope to see you soon.

I watch them because I find them unique. Good storylines, nice characters and most of them are real funny too :)

Phew, this will sound ridiculous. But anime is my sanctuary. Whenever i watch it (no matter how many times i have already watch the same series) i'm not exist anymore in this world. Yes, my flesh still there, but my conscience already flown and roam the world inside the anime that i watch.

I forgot everything save my coffee, play the next eps or change the disc, and of course the story itself.

The feelings that, you when you watch anime, is the real you. Your life, your soul, your thought, and your very existence is supposed to be inside that world, not this world. A soothing and safe feelings like you're in the place where you belong to, where you're supposed to be at, where you are you and not others.

Well, i suppose right now quite a lot of people who read this already laugh?

Blue Silent Bell

Because my dad wtached it, and got me into it when I was really young, so I've watched it for the hell of it ever since.

Lirael

Lirael

Eternal Sunshine

well for me it is to experience something you cant really anywhere else... also with the good ones the animation is amazing as well as the characters and the storyline... i fall in love with them and it is a way to escape from my own life... into a world of heroes and ninjas.... plus for me animes teach me a lot... they have very good dialogue and lessons a lot of times if you listen for them!!! well thats my opinion! :D

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

uychua

uychua

give crap-get crap

anime are entertaining, funny and can be easily hooked by the story

smile. :D :D

Bado2025

Cutter

I think is because Anime looks like Cartoon to adults. And it contains a lot of things that don't come with, like the horrible sense of humor from the americans. The Anime have a cute humor that reminds something from a very unique culture, not from a culture that we have to swallow everyday.

All right!

Its entertainment - it captures fantasical worlds and images we could otherwise only imagine. Its full of lively characters and plots that make you think.

It's just interesting to watch, but I can't ignore Family Guy, American Dad
and South Park.

I watch anime because I like it. Plus I have no life outside my room XD j/k.... I grew up with anime. My mother loves to read shoujo and she cosplays. My father collects gundams and builds gundam models

cifiryn

cifiryn

~ Erase & Rewrite ~

... cause is fun :)

Quote by ChaoticOniI guess its a hobby for me. It provides entertainment, enjoyment and it kills time.

It's the same for me.
I enjoy watching anime is like the "realxing moment of the day" for me, and there are animes of all types, so it's easy to find something that adjunts to your likes...
It's much better that any other cheap cartoon or other sad TV-series, if you ask me.

ZhuangQuan

ZhuangQuan

Believe in What You Believe

I watch anime cuz it is interesting.
I don't mind if it past my time.
You could say it is kind like a hobby too
LOL

Quote by KondoWell, I watch it because it's fun, and it's interesting, I adore Japan and it's costumes, and it's a great way to learn about it.. ^.^

i agree

I watch anime for the same reason I watch anything, it entertains me as the art work is good and the storys are interesting, but its turned into a hobby too like collecting models and similar stuff.

its very entertaining and easily addictive. so its turned into a hobby, i think, for most people probably. also it props up quality web sites like this one ^^

Silverwolf12

Silverwolf12

Ed's love

Duh! It's a lot better than the other stuff on tv.

The sweet creation!!!
Human con't do exact what producer want, so some actors playing good and soom bad....
in anime: Cute, sexy and prety characters play the exact way producer ment!!!!
So results are always great.... or at least much better then films!!!

I watch anime for action, storyline, and drama. There's something about the quality of the japanese voice actors that makes it much better than cartoons or movies

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

I watch anime to escape reality. I stopped watching TV because i was tired of it constantly selling things and opinionating everything and just bad bad bad. Anime is good because it's all light hearted and completly fictional. Also because of the level of fiction you can't look at a scene and say "that's so unrealistic" (as you would in a movie)....because it's suppose to be unrealistic. It's a happy escape from the daily grind :D

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

its entertaining.

Anime redefines the line that cartoons (american cartoons especially) set a long time ago. The reason why anime triumphs over any other style of cartooning as of now is because no matter who you are or what you are (boy/girl) theres always a style and genre that will please you. You have sci-fi, action, drama, comedy, love stories. Its in a league of its own and it provides us with some incredible spectacles of visualism whether it be the fast paced action, to the eye detail on a character, or plain and simply the perversion that comes out of several anime characters( for example the exaggeration of boob size, short clothing, sexual innuendo). There is everything for anybody and thats why I'll always find time for anime.

xRedPhoenix

xRedPhoenix

Red Eclipse

It's my anti drug. The animation and storyline is more appealing than most Western cartoons.. We have Ed Edd and Eddy.. power Puff Girls.. and Sponge Bob to compare with.... There are the occasional good ones but most of them resemble the other genre...

Erinecera

Erinecera

Cat Lover

coz it's already an addiction.?
Well, I like watching animes coz they're amusing and sometimes, relaxing.
They can relieve stress, I guess.

I l o v e c a t s !
=^-^= <--- this my loving sidekick, Martin

Anime, unlike most american cartoons, have a higher focus on characters and plot. As you continue to watch the story, you actually begin to feel an attachment to the characters pictured on the screen. You laugh at their comic misfortune; you feel the pain of their plights; you want to be with them for every twist and turn of their journey.

Or your life is boring and youuwant to watch someone else's much more interesting life. :sweat: Such is the curse of me.

If sanity was a crime, I'd have a clean slate.

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 82 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.