Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Are YOU an Otaku? - Minitokyo

Are YOU an Otaku?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Kojiroh

Mokona

If you don't know what an otaku is, it is a person who is obsessed and dedicates their life to animes, manga, video games, doujinshi, ecetera.

This above all, thine own self be true.

BlkLotus

BlkLotus

bara tsukiyo

i would like to think that i am. my pc is full of pictures and my video cabinet full of anime. i even have a name for most of my family members that are from anime characters. :)

Rikimaru-jp

Rikimaru-jp

Katon Karyu Endan

well I guess I am an Otaku then XP

*~* It's Not Who I Am Underneath, But What I Do That Defines Me *~*
Signature Image
Check My Gallery

Cathal

Cathal

ROAR!

If your on this site, then chances are that your an Otaku. I think most of us here are Otaku's! Power to the people!

"The mouth of the just shall mediate wisdom, and his tongue shall speak judgment. Blessed is the man that endureth temptation, for when he hath been proved, he shall recieve a crown of life." - Lillium

kylewasson

kylewasson

Otaku-man

Huh, interesting thread. *Points to his title* I'd say so, since there's more Anime stuff in my apartment than normal stuff - my computer has numerous anime pictures and wallpapers (all thanks to mt!). I have more videos / DVD's of anime then normal DVD's, etc. etc. the list keeps going on.

Visit my website here.

View Kyle's Latest Wall here (Jumping For Joy!) | Scott's Latest here (Night Magic).

WasZanz

WasZanz

Doin my part.

I used to be, and I started wanting to eat food and couldnt afford to if I kept up with all the anime and stuff.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

DemonEyesKyo

DemonEyesKyo

Shinobi Complex

Yeah, I'd say I'm one. I'll tell you a big clue: I'll sit and watch anime and start squeeling over the Nihon voice actors, like "omg it's Noriyaki Sugiyama!" or "Kyaaaaah, it's Romi Pakuuu!" or "It's Kamui from X!" Aheh, I have over three hundred anime/game/j-music cds; I was talking to a friend on the phone and he was watching amvs and just from hearing them I could name the song and the show off...yeah, it scared him. I have a couple grands worth of anime and manga as well, and it's just the begining of my collecting. One of my friends thinks it's cute when I get worked up over anime, she said "Like a four year old with a pound of ice cream." My other friends think I'm a freak, though. But hey, this is my passion. I only wish I could find a job in life that would let me incorperate my otaku-dome--I would be the happiest person on earth.

On my Own
Signature Image
I Forge the Path

Quote by KojirohIf you don't know what an otaku is, it is a person who is obsessed and
dedicates their life to animes, manga, video games, doujinshi, ecetera.

Seriously. Where on earth did you get that definition from -.-
Otaku does not mean anime freak etc.
Otaku is japanese for nerd,geek in general.

hmm seeing this thread made me question whether i am?
honestly i dont think so, i thoroughly enjoy it but i dont appear to be as possesed by it as other people are, but only time will tell.....

Kugatsu

Kugatsu

The Celestial Queen's Advisor

I'm definately an otaku! XD

Ranga

Ranga

I am, I.

Quote by BlkLotusi would like to think that i am. my pc is full of pictures and my video cabinet full of anime. i even have a name for most of my family members that are from anime characters. :)

Quote by kylewassonHuh, interesting thread. *Points to his title* I'd say so, since there's more Anime stuff in my apartment than normal stuff - my computer has numerous anime pictures and wallpapers (all thanks to mt!). I have more videos / DVD's of anime then normal DVD's, etc. etc. the list keeps going on.

ditto
I AM OTAKU!

You say I fool myself
But better me than being a fool for some one else

kinda

am not a big one though

:)

i am a otaku freak alright...tons of DVD's... tons of manga volumes... tomorrow i am receiving 4 brand new volumes from States...lol...originals...

Wings that cannot fly also have a reason to exist!
It's because they have a precious memory of when they flew in the air

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

ok, how otaku?
level 1- watches anime read manga collects them
lvl2- watch, read listen and love anime music to have MP3 player full of them
lvl3- eat and sleep with own dvds
lvl4- wakes up to the sound of a bishoujo calling: Ohayo Koshujinsama and wears anime -themed shirts out to social gatherings and cosplay is normal
lvl5- smokes anime cigarettes, with girls printed on the filters
lvl6 - at this point, you will only masturbate to hentai, nothing else interest you, your life full of anime, your dictionary has no other word, you think you have a anime girlfriend, your life revolves on a low level paying job(because you can't dedicate time to work as you miss your fav series), you still live with your mom when 40years old, you celebrate your birthday dressed as a anime character and sing to yourself as there are probably no friends who can understand you attending it, your bank account is booked in advance of certain investments for sites that you can download anime series that you like, and mostly, you spend your time in this site until you forget what day or time of the day is.....

i believe i am level 2....i write in forums more, but however, i like walling, that is why i am in here

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Tokitoh

Tokitoh

onmyoji

For the most part, people don't understand what it means to be an otaku. There are anime fans - they listen to music, read manga and watch anime. They like it. Some of them really like it, they start cosplaying and blahblahblah.
Otaku is not about attributes, it's not about how much anime you have on your shelves. I've been an anime fan for a few years. I've been an otaku for five years. It feels very different. For an anime fan anime is just another source of entertainment - they watch, they become fangirlish and switch their preferences every time they see a new anime. Otaku is different. It's when anime and your life merge and you just... it's not like you can't live without it or anything. It's just there. Absolutely natural. Like breathing or going to school or whatever. Being an otaku is difficult and I am sure it's... well, people shouldn't be proud of it. Because otaku are fanatics. "Otaku" in Japanese means something like psycho. ^^' I am not proud of the title... it's how I said. It's there. Natural.

Signature

I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on ebay.

TheVanishingBoy

TheVanishingBoy

Racer in Disguise

-> Well, I'm divided between an Otaku or a Auto-freak (a person who likes cars a lot). I can talk between two topics at the same time.

bt-> I watch a lot of Animes (lately), read a lot of Mangas (ever since), listening to Anime-related J-Pop music, likes JDM cars, loves sushi, plays GT4, love my PS2, into the sport of drifting, and I love my WRX. So I'm not just an anime freak but most of Japanesse culture (about 60% thou) itself! Maybe I'm a different type of Otaku. (:

-> I think the proof of my obsession between these cultures, will be inthe manga that I'm currently developing. It shows most of my interests and hobbies, but its not an autobiography or something. Check my link on my sig to get a clue. (:

Representing Torque Philippines [www.TQPi.net]
Cars | Racing | Anime | Girls | Videogames | Etc.

"Kamusta po kayo dyan mga kaibigan, hello from Las Vegas, USA."-VB

I'm definately an Otaku, i love manga and anime and stuff like that...

I've got whole bookshelves filled with them :)

SierriusBlack

SierriusBlack

Atheistic Debater

It depends on what you mean by otaku. If you mean I have no life outside of anime/manga, then no. If you mean I like anime/manga alot, then yes.

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
-Albert Einstein

azndude88

azndude88

AznDude88

well then i am an otaku all the way ^^ can't help it. I loved anime since i was litte and i grew up likinh it ^^

What Can Any One Do ?

ZeroFear

ZeroFear

That guy...

Like a friend of mine once said "...i once was a otaku but then I found out about some creature called a women."

Sadly I also descovered this creature and haven't been worth of the name otaku in a while.

NegativeBahamut

NegativeBahamut

The Grim Angel

I am definitely an Otaku and in more ways then one! I ve been classifing myself as Otaku for a long time. I even nicknamed myself Akito a while (thats Otika backwards and Otika means Otaku). Well yeah, I ve also had the chance to watch rare anime, the list is on a thread on my GuestBook, if you want to see it.

Signature Image

It is my duty to pass judgement... the will of the gods is absolute." -Ledah

screenlooker

screenlooker

master chief's real face

Results for 'otaku'
Japanese English
otaku geek, nerd, enthusiast (col)
otaku your house, your home (pol),
i am not a house although on various occasions i have been called the first one
i wish to be a manga artist, and i am going to do whatever it takes to become one
if not that then a character designer
i am not so sure that i am one, but i am what Tokitoh said
i dont know if i am really too proud of it, but i live anime

Godfrey of Ibelin: Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath.

Yes, I'm definitely an otaku too. I've collected a lot of anime and manga too,,, ^_^

katz291

katz291

Lil Insane Kitty

I'm an otaku!!! xD Anime and video games is my only hobby!! =^.^=

I am a member of COLOFULL WALLIES! .

I am a member of Celestial-Luminesse

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.