Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Subbed Or Dubbed? - Minitokyo

Subbed Or Dubbed?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

I was wondering which version of anime do you prefer? The subbed version or the dubbed version. I personnaly prefer the subbed version for most anime.

SierriusBlack

SierriusBlack

Atheistic Debater

I think that you should see which one is better in each anime, not say that either are bad. Because it differs from anime ot anime.

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
-Albert Einstein

WasZanz

WasZanz

Doin my part.

I prefer subbed. Its nice to see the mothes match the words.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

NinjaMaiden

NinjaMaiden

~+~The Fallen One~+~

generally i prefer the subbed version of animes but generally they differ for every anime you watch cuz in some animes there's good dubs/subs and there's also some bad dubs/subs.

~~*+*~~what's the point of living if suicide's your destiny?~~*+*~~

SouthernBoy504

SouthernBoy504

Da Southern Don

Mostly subbed, that way the anime stays authentic. I'll still watch dubs at least once, twice if everything isn't completely butchered.

Signature Image
Thanks to Philyra for the sig and avy

Subbed are better, dubbed can be inaccurate.

screenlooker

screenlooker

master chief's real face

i have made a forum that has a lot of pros for dubbed
but i prefer both
so if you do go look at that forum, then dont just brand me as a dub lover
i love it both ways

Godfrey of Ibelin: Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath.

I am more of a subbed fan.It's probably because the show is originally that way so it just seems better.Some shows have pretty good dubbing though, while others make me very angry.^_^

subbed. it is my personal experience that 95% of any dubbed anime I can obtain in my area have been destroyed by:
A) completely unnecessary censors and cuts in the media
B) the worst voice actors anyone could ever hire, coupled with inaccurate translations that make them sound even worse

there are exceptions, yes, but as a whole subbed is better, and I don't mind a little reading.

subbed ofc...it make me laugh the voices that aren't originals
i supposed that ppl that preffer dubbed is that don't like read
i haven't see kenshin on japan but the spanish version is good...(i think is the only one i've see dubbed on my idiom) well when i see the japan version sure i'll changed my mind

frustration,friendly,envy,emptiness, unhapyness,unbrearable,Love,hatred, agony,dark,lonely,and in pain
you can all die..nobody cares.i'll enjoy

subbed....for sure,Im not interested to hear the other language in anime then Japanese....subtitle are the most important to know what info can be shown in anime

"What's important is...to know fear...and yet take a step forward...!" - Rosette Christopher (Chrno Crusade)

Be a leader, not a follower. Strive for success!

Saw this thread and thought it was interesting ^^
i prefer subbed...well for most anime anyway...
I know for Naruto I SO prefer subbed. Naruto sounded so cute to me in Jap. But now in dubbed and in English....grr...his voice sounds...BLAH!
Other animes I don't mind though, their voices sound great to me and fits the character well too! Hn, I guess its just for Naruto actaully *lol*

l o v e i s b l i s s . . .

SierriusBlack

SierriusBlack

Atheistic Debater

Quote by Kenedysubbed ofc...it make me laugh the voices that aren't originals

What? Since when does first=better? It's not like speaking Japanese suddenly makes you a good VA.

Quote by Kenedyi supposed that ppl that preffer dubbed is that don't like read

No. We like tones. When you don't know what the characters are saying, or when they are saying it compared to when you are reading, emotion can easily be lost in a scene.

Quote by Kenedyi haven't see kenshin on japan but the spanish version is good...(i think is the only one i've see dubbed on my idiom) well when i see the japan version sure i'll changed my mind

...Because it's in Japanese means that it's better?

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
-Albert Einstein

ZeroFear

ZeroFear

That guy...

I'm pretty sure a mod will come a close this thread pretty soon and for the first time I would be totally relieved because I must have seen duplicate threads like this on just miniTokyo 100 freakin' TIMES. :)

oh, sry, i didint know, im kinda new here.

uh...i haven't say that if its on japanese is better
but if that is what you wanna read/hear.

frustration,friendly,envy,emptiness, unhapyness,unbrearable,Love,hatred, agony,dark,lonely,and in pain
you can all die..nobody cares.i'll enjoy

Marissa

Retired Moderator

Marissa

Antisocial Butterfly

Quote by Shinsengumi+Favorites and versus threads
As these threads seldom generate meaningful discussion and are often duplicates of existing threads, please refrain from creating superlatives threads, e.g. those asking for favorite characters, series, or games as well as threads comparing individual characters, series, or games.

Signature Image
I used to be that bitch who deleted your pictures. Now that I'm gone, nobody is gonna delete your pictures anymore. Good for you.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.