Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How do you feel about extremists? - Minitokyo

How do you feel about extremists?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 59 total items

SakuraMonsumi

SakuraMonsumi

Aishiteru~~!!

I was wondering what you feel about ppl that take things like religion too far? Like for some Muslim people they told me that I shouldnt listen to music and stuff, I'm Muslim and I've never heard of that...And not only Muslim ppl but for Christian ppl too...For me, I dont like ppl who say you cant watch movies or go to out because you going to go the hell or something...Its really annoying to me...
What do you feel about them? o.o

If you aren't remembered, then you never existed.

Tenner

Tenner

Nice Guy

Well they're idiots, duh. There is just no way around this very simple statement. If they had the mental capacities to think about what they do and what they are convinced of a little, they wouldn't do/believe it, thus they can only be idiots.

Well i feel that its not the religion, its themselves..they give the religion a bad image...
uh..they take their life for granted and dont give a damn tat they are killing themselves and how it will effect others...how do they know they are doing the right thing? They wont find out coz they are dead, and i am sure that all religions think that murdering and commiting suicide is a sin...sorry if i offended anyone...

\(^o^)/

leosama84

leosama84

::Peace Maker::

:sigh:
yupp, i'm a muslim, and i know exactly what ur talkin about
did u know that cards are prohibited too? :P, such irony!
neway, i totally agree with u, and disagree with such people, they just make religion look or even sound very much more complicated!

Signature
-----My Latest Wallpaper: "Inner Power, Unleashed!!"-----
------------"Subtlety Is Not A Virtue!"------------

dalidadod

dalidadod

..:nya:..

^totally agree with ya SakuraMonsumi^ yea..well am muslim too i watch about 5 movies everyday and listinin to music so what !!...but i dunt forget to pray to God and do things i have to do,i read tha holy book (Quraan),and always pray to God ...watching movies or listen to music dunt mean to forget my religion ....well tha good thing is to keep urself close to God,coz only God know what is right and what is wrong....and religion didnt take me away from real life..am living my life tha way i want ;) do tha things i love to do... OX

kawaiikiyomi

kawaiikiyomi

..*trust is for fools*..

whoa.... my two friends are muslim..... they neva mentioned me that.my friends always listen to any music though...one of them idolizes sean paul while the other one listens to hindi music i fink... :D they just had ramadan the other day or so and they were fasting.... i reckon its pretty kool :) no offence.....

\"If you were\'nt afraid, you\'d be like Lorcan. He is\'nt afraid because he does\'nt love. To cause such pain you can\'t love or fear, but only crave\"

cinnamonsin

cinnamonsin

spicy-sweet dream

I just say its a bad thing to lean too far any one way. Moderation, moderation.

Then again, that also means I can never make up my mind. I have to fully examine the merits and downfalls of each choice, think about it for a while, and then... Well, by then, I'm even more confused and need to think about it even more!

That even happens when I'm just walking down the halls with my boyfriend. "Which way do you want to go?" he asks, and I have to stop and think, well this way has more plants, but also is further away from my next class, and this way is less crowded but goes right by the construction... hmm....

Oh, I think everybody should live with his religion in the way he wants, so if he think drinking alcohol is getting him to hell, then he shouldn't do it, but please don't go on my nerves, by telling it to me all the time...

imo, you can perscieve your religion however you want. I dont feel as though i need to be 'tied down' by a relion so, im saying atheistic (is that a word?).
I persoanlly dont mind extremists, as in taking a religions 'laws' seriously. As for the suicidal extremists, i dont mind, becuase everyone here knows that they would kill if they believ in soemthing enough.
Is it true that during the month of ramadn, muslims (?) cant eat until the sun sets becuase that is when the gods sleep? Just wondering, my uncle mentioned it a little while ago.
Cheers

Signature

Radetzky

Lord Master of all that is Chibi

Taking anything too seriously is just sad. That's why I'm not going to teach my kids any more about one way of life than the other. Parents are usually to blame when kids grow up to be too embedded in their own beliefs. I have come to realize that my parents are as flawed as their beliefs an so developed my own. If only more people could do that...well i dont think there would be organized religion. I have a rant. I will spare thee...for now.

What does it mean to be saved?
Signature
When the world knocks you down, steals your wallet and spits in your eye; get up, dust yourself off and then round-house kick the world in the face. It's very top-heavy, it'll go right over.

There are lots of ways to be extreme, you know. Trying to impose ridiculous rules because your religion makes you take some stuff written thousands of years ago about societies from thousands of years ago as some sort of fundamental truth which can be applied without adaption in the modern world is just one of them.

I would probably describe myself as an extremist. But I'm certainly not religious. I just have very different ideas about certain things than mainstream society.

SakuraMonsumi

SakuraMonsumi

Aishiteru~~!!

Quote by AdventSXimo, you can perscieve your religion however you want. I dont feel as though i need to be 'tied down' by a relion so, im saying atheistic (is that a word?).
I persoanlly dont mind extremists, as in taking a religions 'laws' seriously. As for the suicidal extremists, i dont mind, becuase everyone here knows that they would kill if they believ in soemthing enough.
Is it true that during the month of ramadn, muslims (?) cant eat until the sun sets becuase that is when the gods sleep? Just wondering, my uncle mentioned it a little while ago.
Cheers

xD I'm sorry to say, but your uncle is wrong...Thats not when the gods sleep cuz there are no "gods"...Theres one God but no gods...I really think people should start observing religions so they dont say funny stuff like that! lol

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

i think that nobody should take anything to the extreme, and especially not religion. it's pretty self-destructive, as you'll just make other people uncomfortable. moderation is the key to everything.

I don't feel any different about them than I do with anyone with "extreme" beliefs, values, or whatever. I don't view any of them in a negative light until they try to force these ideas on people who don't want them, or something to that effect.

Relative to today's political views, for example, I would probably be a radical. However, I'm somewhat passive in my expression of it. ;)

nobody should take anything that far in the first place...

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

The problem with such fanaticism is that it leads to entirely too much "just in case" things to the point where they are worried about rules rather than the real meaning of the teachings they claim to follow.

I am invincible!

Kyoo69

me -> Kyo`

They're fanatics that want to achieve eternal life by staying "pure" in their life on earth, totally blinded by their believes, seeing evil in most of the aspect of the modern culture which is sad. People like that started the "holy" wars in the past. Personally I just ignore them, if they want to live like martyrs it's their business. They don't have the right to tell me what to do.

up up and away

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

I feel they are terrible to do what they do and make not so smart people to starting thinkioing everyone is like that.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

Sallyf322

Sallyf322

*_Amateur Guitarist_*

Well, we can't really do much about extremists. All we can do is tolerate them or excuse them for being really into their religion. Sometimes I accidentally insult someone when I say something opposed to their religion...but I keep a mental note about that and apologize quickly. How do I really feel about that? "Sorry I'm not an extremist and I don't give a ... about religion." Being an agnostic person, I try to be as tolerant as I can, though I often doubt extremists their beliefs (but some of the beliefs they have I totally agree with...like murdering people is a sin, for example).

"If everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride, then we'd see the day...when nobody died. I'm singing amen I, amen I, I'm alive." - Nickelback: "If Everyone Cared."

If only, if only, the world were like this. If only, if only, it only existed.

shadowofdoom

shadowofdoom

eccentric empereor of doom

taking religion to an extreme is a sign of severe ignorance or even possibly stupidity, either that or brainwashing.

There are 3 universal constants on this planet: death, persecution and revolution.

Kori

Kori

Eternally Frozen in Time

Intermediate in everything is usually the best, the same goes for religion.

Signature Image

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

the best muslim extremist is a dead muslim extremist.

I am invincible!

Zealots are another word I like to use on people with narrow mind. You can try to convince but never force your views on to others.

SakuraMonsumi

SakuraMonsumi

Aishiteru~~!!

Quote by BorisGrishenkothe best muslim extremist is a dead muslim extremist.

Oh...thats kind of mean....

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 59 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.