Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How do you feel about extremists? - Minitokyo

How do you feel about extremists?

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 59 total items

Extremists really scare me haha. They believe so strongly in something that they would do anything to keep others from influencing them, or do anything to influence others to believe the same as them.

I mean it's not bad to have faith, but do you really have to go so far as to mutalating yourself for example?

Quote by HoturiOh, I think everybody should live with his religion in the way he wants, so if he think drinking alcohol is getting him to hell, then he shouldn't do it, but please don't go on my nerves, by telling it to me all the time...

agreed everyone should follow religion is his/her own way and not force their beliefs upon others because as many have said before it gives religion a bad name...

"I've had too many stand-offs with you and its about as much as I can stand."

There are extremist in every religion. I am amazed when I listen to christians who are against abortion, but never mention about who will take care of an unwanted baby. They aren't standing with there arms open to adopt that baby. They don't care about how that baby is raised, because most of them are against social programs for the poor. Now the kids who make it, will have survival skills so it makes sense to offer them money and schooling if they become soldiers and help the govt. turn oil rich middle eastern countries into u.s. colonies. It is shameful. I'm sorry I'm rambling. Religion feeds on fear, and controling people. I am an agnostic. I don't need an outside force to teach me to be decent to others. :angry:

SierriusBlack

SierriusBlack

Atheistic Debater

With mere good intentions, hell is proverbially paved.

-William James

Extrimists most often start out as people with good intentions, and then go downhill. :/

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
-Albert Einstein

Quote by fulcilives
There are extremist in every religion. I am amazed when I listen to christians who are against abortion, but never mention about who will take care of an unwanted baby. They aren't standing with there arms open to adopt that baby. They don't care about how that baby is raised, because most of them are against social programs for the poor. Now the kids who make it, will have survival skills so it makes sense to offer them money and schooling if they become soldiers and help the govt. turn oil rich middle eastern countries into u.s. colonies. It is shameful. I'm sorry I'm rambling. Religion feeds on fear, and controling people. I am an agnostic. I don't need an outside force to teach me to be decent to others. :angry:

Well said I know exactly what you mean. The media and the world seem to focus on muslim extremists, But exactly as you mentioned, what about other religious extremists? I personally am not associated with any religion, and the same with you I dont need ANY outside force to teach/tell/make me act decent or honestly to others. People need to relax...

I also guess in some way I'm not surprised why america is hated so much ( I am american btw ) we say things and do the oppisite, Bush lied about the reasons we attacked iraq in the first place. And america seems to like being the "World Police" a little too much IMHO. I also feel sometimes that we force our ideals on other countries and cultures.

"I've had too many stand-offs with you and its about as much as I can stand."

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

Someone mentioned this: if more people knew more of their surrounding cultures and its religions and habits, then there should be less riligious and cultural stress between nations or even in nations. The problem starts with religious extremists who refuse to see or understand moderation and accept other ways of doing something. But then, on the other side of the coin, you get "rational" extremists, people who blame everything on religion. They are just as guilty by usually sparking the animosities between religion and state or whatever. Extremists only want to be left alone, they are as happy as they are willing to be. But if the rational extremists come and breach their persoanl space then of course they will retaliate! Because you believe it to be your religious duty.

I'm not saying that its good or bad, just that the diverse cultures and religions and ideologies of this world should be respected by each other. "Do unto others..." and shoot missionaries on sight.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

Extremists are the bane of all society. One of the fundamental benefits of being human is having the use of common sense and logic, and unfortunately, many extremists ignore this logic in the name of their religion.

It is really quite unfortunate what happens when extremists are able to convince a nation of their views, as in the case of WWII Germany for example (sorry this was the first example i could come up with from the top of my head -- i'm sure there are more examples)

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by SakuraMonsumi

Quote by BorisGrishenkothe best muslim extremist is a dead muslim extremist.

Oh...thats kind of mean....

It might seem so, except the fact that they want to be dead, and those they want to kill are safer with them dead. So both sides prefer it that way...

I am invincible!

as a christian i know that jesus taught people to change what their religion teaches to do the right thing, if it mean s it will be better for those around, ehich means, that because an ancient book says you cant do something, it will be acceptable now if it doesnt cause any harm, which means that extremists are kinda practicing extra things for nothing

http://futurama-fan-group.minitokyo.net/ for all those who like futurama

SakuraMonsumi

SakuraMonsumi

Aishiteru~~!!

Quote by BorisGrishenko

Quote by SakuraMonsumi(...) best muslim extremist is a dead muslim extremist.

Oh...thats kind of mean....

It might seem so, except the fact that they want to be dead, and those they want to kill are safer with them dead. So both sides prefer it that way...

Oh! I didnt understand what you meant, I just thought you wanted them all dead! eeeeh....o.o; Well I get what your saying now!

If you aren't remembered, then you never existed.

XxRagnarokxX88

XxRagnarokxX88

That one Mexican guy.

That dead muslim extremist thing is a rather messed up comment.

I don't really care about extremists, as long as they don't bother me and don't try to change the laws based on their extremists 'beliefs'.

Other than that, I just ignore them.

It's easy to say the world is corrupt and humans should all die-- that we are worthless and incapable of more. It's harder to do something to help. Maybe everyone is a bit too lazy.

griffin

griffin

Super Natty

It's nice to hear the Muslims speaking up. I was wonderin' if this was just a Christian site there for a while. In answer to the question:
There are so many people who just want to push their will upon us. I think it is clear that art and music is a gift from God (no matter your God's name). I think to waste Gods gifts is to waste our God given lives. Loving people and their works is the short cut to God (can you believe that I don't practice a religion ?!). Religion should be a personal thing, a thing between you and your God.

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by XxRagnarokxX88That dead muslim extremist thing is a rather messed up comment.

I don't really care about extremists, as long as they don't bother me and don't try to change the laws based on their extremists 'beliefs'.

Other than that, I just ignore them.

You must have missed the fact that they want you dead.

I am invincible!

i think that extremists are wasting their entire life believing something that might be true or not but they are never really happy about their believes because there will be always some kind of conflict. on top of that extremistic people tend to put themselves in the box of the believes which were "forced" on them so they live in their own little world and if somebody tries to destroys it they defend themselves. of course that is nothing unusual or inhuman but it makes you see the world only from one perspective you didnt even choose ... so i'm nor worried about people killing other people, it's the ignorance that worries me.

Well, in and out of religion, extrimists on any side are just people who believe so much about something very small that the big picture gets lost in the end. They turn into raving lunatics and people you can't reason with.

Zyndarius

Zyndarius

Sage of the Five Paths

Things as balance and stability are in some way esential for common understanding and global peace. Ideologies that attempt to overrun others way of thinking trespassing the mutual respect are condemned to be trash, as simple as that, pure and only trash. The only thing that needs to be demanded to every kind of person are the civil ethics and the civil culture, but ideologys of life trascendance are personal and the only way of sharing them with other poeple is by inviting them to listen, if they dont want to, so be it. But the use of force, or the overrun of the rights and libertys of the others deserves punishment.

"Every spilled tear, feeds the roots, of a tree which the heavens will reach."

People are stupid ? define stupid.. People aren't stupid, if exteremists are stupid than so are you...

Signature
Avatar + Signature made by TripleG :D Thanks

LigerZSchnider

LigerZSchnider

Litterbox Trained........

Quote by BorisGrishenkothe best muslim extremist is a dead muslim extremist.

+1 :)

Well, I read enough here to figure this out, but then again I always knew; Not everyone who is Muslim share a Muslim extremist view. Here is what I think of the whole "extremist" thing......

These so called extremeist are nothing but mere cowards. They prey on those who really don't have much (either financially or emotionally) and exploit their weakness. These people are really in it for themselves; they want for us to live like them, and in some cases, beneath them. If their cause is so strong, why not they go blow themselves up? Or how about holding some hostages by themselves? They want someone who they can manipulate into doing those things for them. That is why they target poor, helpless people. Ever heard of a suicide bomber who was a billioniare? Nope and you never will! People who are well off or well to do don't think on those lines, too much to live for. And so do they. They want the world to live by their rules, they aren't going to kill themselves. They will miss out! ~_~

I think that all religons preaches along the same lines: Don't kill, steal, cheat (on anyone or anything) commit blasphemy, or swear your creator. The extreamists twist our religon to impose what they percive to be right. Then they find those who aren't really knowlegeable, or confused at the moment and sort of guide them to the way they want them to think. After they got them hook, line, and sinker, all they have to do is blame someone for their suffering , tell their misguided masses that if they carry out his task, they will be rewarded with something wonderful. They go out and commit these acts. You won't even find a bombmaker use his own devices on himself.....unless it go off while he is making it! XP

We (us guys in the military) came up with a hypothesis: You come across a suicide bomber, ready to kill himself and others. You give him 5 million dollars in cash in a duffel bag and walk away. What do you think he is going to do?

I say he'll take the money and run. What do you think? :\

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel

Jormungandr

Jormungandr

Child of Deceit

BORIS: i'd agree with you there (on the best muslim extremist bits) and add that the best christian evangelist is a dead christian evangelist.

What, don't you agree?

extremists, evangelists, and all other forms of zealots are amusing when you step back and look at them. not simply religious zealots, but political ones, too... like every single dogmatic liberal or conservative in the united states who quite obviously don't know what they're talking about. and that's all of them. i haven't lived in europe at all, but i would assume that the same situation applies there, though probably more with the liberals, since their liberals are decidedly more leftist than ours.

Signature

Confucius says, shit happens.

LigerZSchnider

LigerZSchnider

Litterbox Trained........

Quote by JormungandrBORIS: i'd agree with you there (on the best muslim extremist bits) and add that the best christian evangelist is a dead christian evangelist.

What, don't you agree?

extremists, evangelists, and all other forms of zealots are amusing when you step back and look at them. not simply religious zealots, but political ones, too... like every single dogmatic liberal or conservative in the united states who quite obviously don't know what they're talking about. and that's all of them. i haven't lived in europe at all, but i would assume that the same situation applies there, though probably more with the liberals, since their liberals are decidedly more leftist than ours.

You are right, to a certain extent. The end result for both sides is power, however any killing of another person is wrong. Extremist will kill others to get their views across and Evangelists will talk your ears off! Question is which one do you rather have in the world, an Extreamist or an Evangelist? You can easily ignore a Evangelist.........

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

i hate extremists. . . they're like a friggen rash

Signature
	Imagehttp://chatairsoft.com/images/zoom/TIYCVS/MP5Jsig.jpg[/sigimg]

Tatsumi09

Tatsumi09

Seeker of Inner Peace

Extremist blind themselves to reality. It's like a tree that refuses to bend when the wind is too strong and ends up breaking. Not the best analogy, but I agree that extremists (especially religion extremists) are just...wrong.

I'm happy to know that you (the extremist) love your religion so much, but don't enforce it on me and say I'll go to hell, for god only knows that. What an extremist does is makes others hate what they love.

Simply said, I hate extremists...and I do not respect them, for they are wrong, stupid and blind.

WasZanz

WasZanz

Doin my part.

I dont like extremists from any religion, political, or social background. And because I cant see throwing myself into anything that deep for something of that nature.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

they got 1 thing going for them they are usually organised and they know what they want.

be pessimistic so that youll never be disapointed and will live a happy life.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 59 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.