Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why is it that the people of small towns seem to be clones of... - Minitokyo

Why is it that the people of small towns seem to be clones of...

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Why is it that the people of small towns seem to be clones of one another. I of course live in a small town and have all my life and find surrounded by clones of people who share the same ideals, beliefs, form of dress, morals and yes even prejudices. I am also a young woman that is surrounded by a generation that finds it both odd/interesting/weird that I am a 23 year old young woman who has no wish to marry or have children till she is 27. Does anyone else have smiliar frustrations such as these or perhaps worse? I love to hear about it.

bloodsorrow

bloodsorrow

White Ball of Healing Light

I also live in a small town, and went to a small town school (my graduating class was 47 people), and you pretty much described the same situation. They were pretty much copies of each other (all bigots) that refuse to accept something that is different.

i was also the target of much ridicule because I share some of the same ideas as you. I made a promise to myself that I would not try to get married or start a family until I had graduated from college and was positive that I could provide and care for them. Because of this, I have never dated. The one thing that always pissed me off the most was when people tried to assume that I was a homosexual because of this. This is what happens when ignorance gains the ability to speak.

I apologize for this seeming like an angry rant, but I am suffering from a severe migrane at the moment.

influence, u influence one another during ur long time together. so the environment is the same, u find it more comfortable to be with someone sharing the same ideals as you, if u dont u dont enjoy it as much and prolly move elsewhere, (extreme example only) you dont find a kkk person living next to a african american because their interests and ideals are different.

Quote by bloodsorrowI also live in a small town, and went to a small town school (my graduating class was 47 people), and you pretty much described the same situation. They were pretty much copies of each other (all bigots) that refuse to accept something that is different.
i was also the target of much ridicule because I share some of the same ideas as you. I made a promise to myself that I would not try to get married or start a family until I had graduated from college and was positive that I could provide and care for them. Because of this, I have never dated. The one thing that always pissed me off the most was when people tried to assume that I was a homosexual because of this. This is what happens when ignorance gains the ability to speak.
I apologize for this seeming like an angry rant, but I am suffering from a severe migrane at the moment.

Thank you so much for pointing out the one thing that I can not stand. I associate with others that have different sexualities then myself. And they agree with me you will know when you are ready for whatever life may be with you. That includes careers, family and anything else. The only date I have had that was successful was my best guy friend at my senior prom. I like to see myself as an all right attractive young woman but i am not interested in dating a person that looks exactly like and rather acts like everyone else that I can not tell my fella from everyone else. x.x;;; Okay that rant felt good. lol

Yeah, I use to live in a small town--but probably not as small as bloodsorrow's, haha. Wow...graduating class of only 47 people... Well, yup! I had people assume I was a homosexual, too. Geez, even my sisters thought I was a homosexual...

Though, I never had those frustrations; just the racist kind. The adults were fine--as for the kiddies? Heh... But, I learned to ignore it when I turned eleven. ^-^ Maturity at ten and eleven! -_-; I hated to be the outcast...well, I was always an outcast, but when it comes to this concept, it just really sucks.

Well, Kay0982 pretty much summarizes it all up: influence. Unfortunately, that's just how things work. We just gotta make do and continue with life.

The way I see it: why bother? I don't think it's right to force people to change their beliefs and etc. I would rather move--in fact, I did, but unintentionally ironically enough... But that's my opinion. Besides, you can't escape anything--or at least the majority. Depends on ya look at it. Referring to bloodsorrow's comment on the ignorance: that's something you really can't escape. I'm living in the city--well, not a town anymore, haha--and there are still ignorant folks. Human nature. Joy. Well, as the Buddhist proverb goes: "What comes around, goes around."

Gotta find your own solutions, sadly enough. Experience leads to knowledge, for the best or worst. Good luck to the folks who have these tough predicaments! Well, actually, it's generally for everyone... Great, now I feel like a lecuturer! >_< gah!! One last thing--just my opinion...

A graduating class of only 47? Good lord. My graduating class had 1200+. As for a solution? Brute force is something even the ignorant can understand.

My graduating class was not as small as bloodsorrow but pretty dang close to a class of 95 x.x;

bloodsorrow

bloodsorrow

White Ball of Healing Light

Quote by hyrulesheirThank you so much for pointing out the one thing that I can not stand. I associate with others that have different sexualities then myself. And they agree with me you will know when you are ready for whatever life may be with you. That includes careers, family and anything else. The only date I have had that was successful was my best guy friend at my senior prom. I like to see myself as an all right attractive young woman but i am not interested in dating a person that looks exactly like and rather acts like everyone else that I can not tell my fella from everyone else. x.x;;; Okay that rant felt good. lol

I have been on three dates and I wouldn't consider any of them successful. I was talked into going on them so that someone else (my friend's friend or his girlfriend's friend) wouldn't feel like a third wheel. They usualy ended up feeling like the third wheel anyway, and I just didnt want to be there. It's my own fault for going though.

Quote by AurafierYeah, I use to live in a small town--but probably not as small as bloodsorrow's, haha. Wow...graduating class of only 47 people... Well, yup! I had people assume I was a homosexual, too. Geez, even my sisters thought I was a homosexual...
Though, I never had those frustrations; just the racist kind. The adults were fine--as for the kiddies? Heh... But, I learned to ignore it when I turned eleven. ^-^ Maturity at ten and eleven! -_-; I hated to be the outcast...well, I was always an outcast, but when it comes to this concept, it just really sucks.
Well, Kay0982 pretty much summarizes it all up: influence. Unfortunately, that's just how things work. We just gotta make do and continue with life.
The way I see it: why bother? I don't think it's right to force people to change their beliefs and etc. I would rather move--in fact, I did, but unintentionally ironically enough... But that's my opinion. Besides, you can't escape anything--or at least the majority. Depends on ya look at it. Referring to bloodsorrow's comment on the ignorance: that's something you really can't escape. I'm living in the city--well, not a town anymore, haha--and there are still ignorant folks. Human nature. Joy. Well, as the Buddhist proverb goes: "What comes around, goes around."
Gotta find your own solutions, sadly enough. Experience leads to knowledge, for the best or worst. Good luck to the folks who have these tough predicaments! Well, actually, it's generally for everyone... Great, now I feel like a lecuturer! &gt;_&lt; gah!! One last thing--just my opinion...

My sister thought the same thing also. I still dont think that she is convinced otherwise.

As for racism, I grew up in the backwoods of Alabama, so I saw my fair share of that. Racist are one of the couple of types of people that I can not stand.

i go to college in a fairly large city and I can tell you right now that you will meet some of the most idiotic people in the most unexpected places. You will never be able to escape these people. You just have to be understanding and try to tolerate for the most part. For the other part, you just need to leave before something bad happens.

Quote by bloodsorrow
My sister thought the same thing also. I still dont think that she is convinced otherwise.
As for racism, I grew up in the backwoods of Alabama, so I saw my fair share of that. Racist are one of the couple of types of people that I can not stand.
i go to college in a fairly large city and I can tell you right now that you will meet some of the most idiotic people in the most unexpected places. You will never be able to escape these people. You just have to be understanding and try to tolerate for the most part. For the other part, you just need to leave before something bad happens.

Or walk softly and carry a large heavy object to smash idiots into itty bitty pieces. ^.^

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

Small towns are just a group of people that grew up togheter, under the same influences, so of course they're going to have the same ideals. But really why does that matter? :) You continue living your life and they can continue living theirs. If they're nosy, tell them its none of their business. x)

Quote by SuniraSmall towns are just a group of people that grew up togheter, under the same influences, so of course they're going to have the same ideals. But really why does that matter? :) You continue living your life and they can continue living theirs. If they're nosy, tell them its none of their business. x)

And which I do, thank you for your thoughts and so on. Mew XD

not really...whats it like living in a little town anyways???I live in miami.

hahahaha I grew up for part of my life in a small town but the people were all really differnt in fact one time my neighbor dressed me up in a moose costume and used me as target practice with rubber bullets, then my friends and I drove a tractor through town even though we hit a cow on the way ya but it was alot of fun OX

Signature
sig from saku

I do not feel so lonely anymore in this! Thank you all for venting and telling me about your shared experiences. :)

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.