Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 When Bot Chii is wrong... - Minitokyo

When Bot Chii is wrong...

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

elessar007

elessar007

Scan Collector Extradonaire

What, if any, course of action can be taken when a gallery item gets deleted wrongfully? I ask this question because I recently uploaded some scans for the anime You're Under Arrest. I had an image that was a duplicate of one already posted except mine is over 1,000,000 pixels larger. I posted my version and sent a report on the other, smaller scan. In the report I stated that the scan was a smaller version of the larger scan I had recently uploaded. I even provided a clickable link to my recent upload instead of just pasting the address. Twenty or so minutes later I got a notification that my scan was deleted for being an exact duplicate of a previously posted image. That is just not true. My submission was significantly larger and the quality was on the same level as the pre-existing scan. I tried one more time to upload the larger scan I had and made sure to note in the description that it was a larger version of the scan previously posted. I even did the math for everyone to see how much bigger my submission is. I'll give you a dollar if you can guess how long it was before that submission was also wrongfully deleted. I say wrongfully because according to Minitokyo Policy, if the scan is larger, you can submit it. Here is the section of MT Policy I am referring to:
"You may not post the material, if it has already been posted in the Minitokyo galleries, unless it is of much better quality, or is much larger in dimensions. "
I would say that a difference in size of more than one million qualifies. Especially considering that one million is the minimum size required for scan submissions. You could say I had a whole other scan's worth of difference between my submission and the one already there.
If anyone has any idea as to why my larger scan can not be submitted then please tell me.
If the Minitokyo community would prefer to use smaller scans to make their wallpapers than perhaps some rewriting of the policy is in order. Let me know if you would prefer smaller scans that way I can size down all my future submissions. If you are extra nice, I'll even reduce the dpi on the scans that way you can work with small, blocky images instead of large, smooth looking scans.

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

elessar007, if you have complaints about moderation, there are existing threads on which you can post if you wish to vent and share your frustration. However, if you truly wish to resolve the issue, I highly suggest that instead of creating a thread that you contact the moderators directly by submitting a Support Inquiry on the issue.

Please link to a copy of the submission in question (hosted on an external site) and the existing submission in your inquiry so the moderator who processes your inquiry knows what you're talking about.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

I have no idea how chii bot decides what to delete it recently deleted a picture I drew for no apparent reason
was your scan 32 bits of color?

Signature Image

elessar007

elessar007

Thank you shinsengumi for your suggestion. I have submitted an inquiry and have high hopes that my questions will be answered and this matter will be resolved.

Ah...it did the same thing....my friend gave me a pic that he made to his gf at the time...and then it got deleted for some reason like...they got a better pic...but then it was made from like sketching....but it's good that my friend deosn't mind...so I didn't really bother with it...

elessar007

elessar007

Well, I got a prompt and reasonable response from my support inquiry. Though I may disagree with the stated reasons, they were logical and legitimate.

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Ok, I'm turning this thread http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/11208/ into the official thread for ALL complaints about deleted images. If you want to complain, go there. Closed.

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.