Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 wacha think bout time travel - Minitokyo

wacha think bout time travel

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

koager

koager

Koa

is it even possible
if so
wat if the time machine is invented in the future
wat would happen to the past
people going in and out of it
changing things around

who knows wat might happen

thxs to toxictea23 for helping me w/ my avie and sig^^

I think that it would be like some of those sci-fi movies.....maybe like Back to the future...where everyhting messes up.....and it gets so complicated and stuff....

Acyx

Ork Warlord

Temporal manipulation is not something to be trifled with, nor is causality something that can be quantified and molded like a piece of play-doh. Screw up in the past, and it will change causality in the present and future tense.

"And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu..."

Personally, I think time travel will be impossible.

koager

koager

Koa

Quote by AcyxTemporal manipulation is not something to be trifled with, nor is
causality something that can be quantified and molded like a piece of
play-doh. Screw up in the past, and it will change causality in the
present and future tense.

exactly
change one bit of the past
there might not be a earth once u come back
lol

Acyx

Ork Warlord

Oh, it's possible, just we don't have the means to produce a device that will allow for it yet, nor would we want to with the fact that we'd be working with primitive, unrefined versions of temporal manipulation technologies. Possible, but just the mother of all bad ideas to attempt where we are now.

"And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu..."

koager

koager

Koa

we cant even build flying cars
live on different planets/colonies
go to pluto/different universes
meet aliens

theres no way we could make time machines the way we r now
@@

Time travel is impossible, each law of time travel contradicts other law(s).

I don't think time travel is possible since you have to reverse all the things that are happening which seems impossible

Signature
Avatar + Signature made by TripleG :D Thanks

We can build flying cars, and they have been built, but a flying car is or a good car or a good airplane. Made like a good car, it is heavy and has a good grip on the road. Made like a good airplane, it is light and does not have a good grip on the road.

xhidst

xhidst

Princess Slacker

i think the reason of why it is impossible to do time travelling is that if it was possible, things would always be just more than a deja vu, and since everyone would want to try it, for sure that'd be a total chaos. Like, suddenly bumping into your older self, then trying to avoid cars that appear just out of nowhere[through time warpholes?!?!] then almost knocking over the trolley with a baby inside--who's actually the young you. And meeting everyone else's past and future.

That would be really weird. I think I'm fine stuck in the present.

--Lying still, unsparkling eyes, whitest lips, cold as ice--

++The only reason most teachers are alive is because it is illegal to shoot them.++

kusco

kusco

Nice ? Me ? What a joke

The only word that came into my mind is : CHAOS.
Even if the ones who'll create the time machine would be aware of it's danger (and Im sure they won't since they would have created it), the machine won't escape human kind's greed. Everyone would fight each other in order to manipulate the past the way they wish and the distortion of the time line would only result of the destruction of the world we know.

Bye everyone. I left Minitokyo.
Hope to see you soon.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

imagine, we have time travle....
who needs technology....
we can travel back into time and grant scientist the technology that we found in the future...vaccine, medicine, power and plus more or less weapons....
and then make them there in the past, so that we will have even better technology because we in the future is more advanced in the past before.#
provided we humans have conquered the act of violence....we would not kill ourselves first

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

We don't know if it is possible, but everything we do know tells us it can't be done.

Plus, when you think about it we invented time. The past no longer exists, we just came up with time so we could explain things that have already happened and things yet to come.

I don't think it would work out vary well. Time travel and all. Too many things might mess up. Though the thought is vary cool in itself.

In our darkest hour I will not let you down.

^^^
That's one thing I didn't mention, it would be very cool, but at the same time you could end up seeing some very scary stuff.

Remember in Back to the Future when Matry's Mum tries to make out with him, scary stuff.

kusco

kusco

Nice ? Me ? What a joke

Quote by TSPhoenixMatry's Mum

It's Marty.
Sorry for being annoying.

Bye everyone. I left Minitokyo.
Hope to see you soon.

climbingmonkey

Climbingmonkey

when i think about it theres sooo many devious and horrible things i could do if i could ttravel in time and therees also heaps of good stuff aswell, i dont reckon its possible at least not for another hundred years or so, would be very cool, but then everything we know would change 2

the greatest acheivment in life is doing what you have been told you cannot do.

Ah I hate to ruin the party but time travel to the future has already been proven.

Here is what I mean. Back in the mid-70's a Professor Carroll Alley placed a atomic clock on board a jet plane and left one on the ground. The airplane flew a parabolic flight path (steep decents followed by steep climbs). After the experiments were complete it was found that the clock on the plane ran slower than the one left on the ground. What happens is that as objects approach the speed of light time slows down relative to an outside observer. In effect, that object will jump foward in time. Meaning that the faster yougo the greater the time dilation. Now we have yet to lick is jumping back in time. This guy is trying to do just that.

http://www.walterzeichner.com/thezfiles/time1.gif...enter Dr. Robert Mallett

What he has deviced a series of laser rings, the purpose of which is to "stir" space-time. Now some might ask, well isn't medling with space time dangerous, I think not, this occurs all the time and we don't notice it. Earth bends space-time because its made of matter. Blackholes, which contians superdense matter, bend space-time to its extermes. Since matter is nothing more than compressed energy and light ibeing energy too could be used to manipulte space-time. Anywho, he intends to implant a particle into the center of this ring, the particle gets caught in a swirl of space-time; where past, present and future exsit simulatenously. The ultimate goal of his experiment is to recieve that particle before he ever sent it.

Quote by AcyxTemporal manipulation is not something to be trifled with, nor is causality something that can be quantified and molded like a piece of play-doh. Screw up in the past, and it will change causality in the present and future tense.

Not quite, there are two theories which suggests that what a time traveler does in the past will not alter the course history.

One example this time travel goes back in time and kills his paternal grandfather. He would hypothetically have never been born, thus he would never been able to go back into the past to kill his grandfather. History is preserved. Theory two suggests that when the time traveler goes back in time to kill his grandfather that universe branches off our own an becomes a seperate parallel universe. In our universe the changes will not have occured while the time travel can do what he will with the other.

Signature
	Image[/img]

Ranga

Ranga

I am, I.

Time is a humane concept, it is not a tangible thing and as such time travel is a impossibility

You say I fool myself
But better me than being a fool for some one else

AJS13

AJS13

Wondering Samurai

Quote by griffon
One example this time travel goes back in time and kills his paternal grandfather. He would hypothetically have never been born, thus he would never been able to go back into the past to kill his grandfather. History is preserved. Theory two suggests that when the time traveler goes back in time to kill his grandfather that universe branches off our own an becomes a seperate parallel universe. In our universe the changes will not have occured while the time travel can do what he will with the other.

That is what I believe would happen if we could do things. Its exactly what Happened in DBZ.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

this is a very interesting topic. im also wondering if we'll ever achieve it.

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

Time travel is impossible. Why? Good question... Let's examine time. What is time? A very complicated question...unless you consider the fact that time was invented by man. A scale measuring a constant between events generally observed by the eye. For example, the time it takes for the Earth to rotate is approximately 23 hours, 56 minutes, and 4.091 seconds. What does this mean? It means that man-made time is the measure of random events standing in between two specific events that happen in the never-ending ray of time which is also man-made. It takes me approximately 45 minutes to get to school and 45 minutes back (duh). I measure 45 minutes or 2700 seconds. From the time I start(0:00) to when I get to school (45:00), I have measured 2700 seconds which I or a machine such as a clock counts. We consciously assign events in our memories to "time slots" like when I read a sign when the clock counted 25 minutes, 45 seconds. We use time to measure events and their individual place in the timeline. In other words, I don't believe time travel is possible.
Ask yourself this, how the hell can one make something that already happened happen all over again? I mean seriously, how...scientifically. Time travel to the future is also impossible. Something really fast will only move across space at a higher rate as in it will take less time to travel across a designated distance. A car moving at 50 kmph will require a smaller "time slot" to travel between two points than a car moving at 25 kmph... Man, I just confused myself.

Sleeping peacefully on the edges of No Man's Land... Not all good is rewarded, not all evil is punished.

MasterFoot

MasterFoot

Protecter of the World Beyond

Time travel i guess could be possible though it would only truly be a one way type event, since the future is undetermined until it becomes the present in would be impossible to travel forward in time becuase one could not create an anchor point in the future into which to go to for that point may or may not exist depending on the events in the present. Even time travel in the past would be sahky at best because event though we as humans know what occured in the past, we only know what happened from a certain perspective and as such traveling into past would become like traveling into the future, impossible due to the implication stated above.

Though if by some chance you did travel into the past ie able to find an exact anchor point on to which to transport oneself, you wouldnt be able to travel back and therefore it would basically be a waste of time (no pun intended)

i need a better Avatar....

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.