Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 New to Gundam, which series should start with - Minitokyo

New to Gundam, which series should start with

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Out of the whole entire Gundam Universe, which is the best series for a newbie to start with? Is it Wing, Seed, the original Gundam? Do you even have to watch them in a certain order or are they all separate stories?

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

i watched all seed and seed astrays....read them....
i think the best will have to be strike freedom but unrealistic.....
the second will have to be akatsuki and legend....
my fav will be rx-78 the father of them all....
also,

my fav mono-eyes will be Neu-Ziel of stardust memory (is it?)
my most hated would be custom Char red Zaku...with the pun.;;
"be careful, if you paint him red, he will get three times the speed!!"

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

My personal favorite is Gundam Wing, but for a newbie, I say that you might want to start by watching the original Gundam series, then Gundam Wing, then Gundam seed, should these be the three that you'd be interested in. Certainly, these choices should be enough to get you started as they're all a bit different from one another (with the supposed debatable topic of SEED and it's lack of originality). Perhaps, however, you might want to throw G Gundam in there as well (chronologically produced some time after Gundam and before Gundam Wing). There have been complaints against it stating that it's some cross-bread between Gundam and Dragonball, but it's still Gundam and it's a good thing to know.

Gundam, I think, is abit more hardcore in terms of personal, emotional feelings during the war... perhaps someone else would be kind enough to elaborate for you, but it's been a long while since I've seen it...

G Gundam is heavy on the fighting/ martial arts... and it's certainly the most different of the Gundam serieses.

Gundam Wing is big on the philosophy and ideals of, before, and after war. There's also quite a bit of politics involved, but if you're in that kind of thing, Gundam Wing is most definitely something you'd want to look into. Also, just to mention, this series is big on details... don't miss an episode or you'll be missing out on a lot of significant and relevant information necessary for the plot.

Gundam seed, I won't lie, I'm not a BIG fan of (and even less of it's sequel Gundam SEED Destiny - which I despise); it's a lot like the original Gundam series. The story is also very emotionally driven.

You don't have to watch these four in any particular order since they take place idependently of one another. If you're looking to go further and immerse yourself in Gundam, you'll have to do some research (or someone else can help you with that since I'm not all too familiar with them) and watch the serieses according to their timelines. The original Gundam, for example, takes place in the Universal Centure (UC) timeline... while Gundam Wing takes place in the After Colony (AC) timeline... etc.

@}>- "When nothing makes sense, I'll fight believing in myself."
|| Gundam Haven || Doujinshi Support Club || Deviants || Final Fantasy X/-2 || FLIP ||

ChaoticOni

ChaoticOni

Timeless Existence

Personally, I thot Zeta was very well done as well. Ok, if ur noob, i suggest something more recent. I'd say most likely SEED first. I sometimes have friends complaining about how crappy the graphics are and i dont know how many times i tell them, this shiz is older then u are. Ok, bottom line is, work your way backwards. Do yourself a favor and watch gundam seed destiny last. Try the older gundams like the original 0079 gundam, Zeta and double zeta. Also Chars counter atk is also something to consider.

dstorres

dstorres

Gunslinger75

Universal Centry start with Gundam. Alternate Universe take your pick but I personnally recommend Gundam Seed.

I would say start out with Seed it the best choice if you haven't watch any gundam series. UC series is to old to watch for a first gundam series, but in the end if you want to know more about gundam you will have to watch UC to understand everything.

i would advise for you to start with seed then seed destiny then go backwards watch gundam wing which is one of the best in my opinion and then watch zeta and double zeta gundam but i wouldnt advise G gundam even i didnt watch it and i dont care i think the idea for it is kinda lame maybe its good but im just missing out. happy to see new people getting interested in
gundam bye :)

Gundam Wing is my personal favorite and it's the one I started out with

pheniox87

show your true nature to me

I say go for Gundam XX or for Gundam Z either one is desent but if u desire to be hooked, then go for "wing", if u like art design then seed, for a classic looking anime its 8th Mobile Suit Gundam, G is if u want an almost purely action based story. All have a desent story but Wing balances out story and great artwork with a hint of the classic.

Two phrases that i live by:
1) "what once was, is and shall be again, that is the way of all, and it is the one true constant."
2) "there is no reason to ever get mad, it is a waste of energy and it dulls your ability to think through things before acting."

raxis

raxis

+kusuha 4ever+

seed

Marissa

Retired Moderator

Marissa

Antisocial Butterfly

Quote by shinsengumi+Favorites and versus threads
As these threads seldom generate meaningful discussion and are often duplicates of existing threads, please refrain from creating superlatives threads, e.g. those asking for favorite characters, series, or games as well as threads comparing individual characters, series, or games.

Signature Image
I used to be that bitch who deleted your pictures. Now that I'm gone, nobody is gonna delete your pictures anymore. Good for you.

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.