Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 PS3 backward compatibility - Minitokyo

PS3 backward compatibility

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Is it true that some of the specs that sony said the PS3 were going to have, are now being taken out of the PS3? I read somewhere that sony was taking things away from the system to make it cheaper for the consumer. I also read that the next thing that might be removed is the backward compatibility component. Has anyone else read anything about this and what do you think about it? Do you still want a PS3 if it doesn't have this option?

bqc

no backward compatibility? if that's true, yea i probably won't buy the ps3. i love my ps2 games and even the old school ps games. To remove such a thing would be a very bad marketing move for them. if you have the link of where you might of heard this information could you post it? migh be some bogus article trying to push for 360 support. i pray this isn't the case though

Yeah, that wouldn't be good. Eventhough PS3 has an excellent graphics but we still want to play our old fave PS 2 and PS games.

But if it is true then no wonder they are launching PS2 Laptop version this month.

Lunstar

Lunstar

Formatted...and learning

It might be possible, because i heard tat PS3 games were going to use a blue-rey format some kinda new DVD format which Sony supports. But I think backward compatibility is veri important for these sorta game consoles. My frenz mentioned tat it couls cost up to $1000 for PS3

mmmmmmmmmm i doubt i they will do that but if they do i will still buy the PS3 because dmc4, tekken6, mgs4, and from what i have heard stree fighter 4 =), yeah F that 360 O_O

See even lunstar heard it is suppossed to be expensive, but that is why sony is taking some of the specs out. They know that the Xbox 360 is what $300-400, so in order to compete with that they are downsizing the PS3. I didn't hear that is was going to be $1000, but I heard like around $500 or more.

http://www.playstation.com/products.html

Go to this site. There is a section there that says:
Disc Media *read only
CD Playstation
Playstation 2
etc

DVD Playstation 2
Playstation 3
etc

Blue Ray Playstation 3

So is this mean that the backward system still attached?

johngimen

johngimen

E.Y.A.I.M.

wth, theyre messing the whole thing up, first it was they damn controller, now this. wat r they gonna do next, take out the games and make it into a radio?!!

follow ur heart, abandon ur brain
i aint that smart, but ill keep what i gain

greatdragon

Mr. Doom

ps3 will use blu-ray is the end of the dvd like we know it

There's No place like hell

atog

atog

Anime atog freak

whaaaa their wont be games online anymore (torrents). cant download them anymore. hehehe anyway im still going to get it even if i have to starve to get the games...

It's just a rumour & a fake.

Seriously, If Sony did thought of taking out backwards compatibility instead of ironing out the imperfection, it would be like shooting itself in the foot...with an elephant gun and burning what remains of the stump afterwards. Backwards compatibility was one of the major factor that made PS2 popular among the massive PS customer base & allowed it to lead the market share even now. The link given to Playstation official products page should be clear already.

*sigh* It's funny what fanboys will do just to make their favourite console stand out.

Seriously, If Sony did thought of taking out backwards compatibility instead of ironing out the imperfection, it would be like shooting itself in the foot...with an elephant gun and burning what remains of the stump afterwards. Backwards compatibility was one of the major factor that made PS2 popular among the massive PS customer base & allowed it to lead the market share even now. The link given to Playstation official products page should be clear already.

Me too Good

Sakurose

Sakurose

[)eja-\/u

here:

...just random info about the ps3's compatability I searched, if it doesn't help then im sorry...oh and I dunno but some of the stuff might be repeated so...yeah...

Signature
~A memory of he once lived~

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.