Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 anime english name changes......do they annoy you? - Minitokyo

anime english name changes......do they annoy you?

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 84 total items

yup..
it sounds uncool when it turns out in english >.<

Signature

they should never EVER change the names into english...NEVER...

Name changes suck!
The worst thing (from what I saw) I found in the dub to Digimon. How the hell did Ruki Makino became Rika Nonaka!?!?!

Also I don't like when the names are mixed sometimes. Like in Street Fighter:
[JAP name/US name]
Vega/M. Bison (here the M stands for Master)
M. Bison/Barlog (here the M stands for Mike)
Barlog/Vega
I mean, what's the point!?

Also for the americanization of Digimon: Though the japanese version was great, the us version suced ass. In the original they had great music and americans changed it to crappy techno-sh**. Also they censored it too much.

Signature

not only english but in other lag too.all most people think thats annoy them

Quote by Pepper-MintIt's really annoying, americanizing names of Japanese animes. I think they think it would be easier for kids to remember names of American origin. Whatever! (._.)
Support original names!!! Woohoo!!

the japanese names rockssssssss

darkyuki

darkyuki

*excuse me while i kiss the sky*

name changes= lame! i hate them.

<3darkyuki

of course!

For example, in the naruto manga, they ALL the jutsu names like byakugan into "evil eye"
What's up with that? And kage bunshin no jutsu was "art of the DOPPLEganger"
What the heck?

its truely annoying, changing it so people speaking english can pronounce it, makes it extremely confusing when ur searching for stuff on the internet, having multiply names and such

i dont really care about it, so it doesnt affect me at all

The Future Remains A Mystery, Hidden In A Great Cloud Of Unknowing

toonmaker

toonmaker

Nani mono ka? Namae nanka...

Well i am from greece . . . And they names changes a lot ! ! for example Yahiko (rurouni kenshin) they made it Yoshi OMG ! Greek translators are BAKAS ! ! !

Well, i really hate dub companies when they change the name of the characters in an Anime film. In my opinion, they really should stick to the original names of the characters, if they change the names, they're violating the copyrights of the makers of the anime films!(don't mind me, just wanted to get that thing off my mind) Of course, there can be exceptions, if the name of the anime character corresponds to a bad word in that language, they can change it to suit the taste of their Video Regulatory Board.

Support Original Anime Names! DIE! NAME CHANGERS!

Name change bothers me. I would like to keep the name intact even if the anime is dubbed. I suppose some companies feel that changing names will enlarge the potential audience.

Yes, I don't like when they change names too

I hate it when they change the names! I can understand it if it is a really long name that maybe some people would pronouce it wrong, but most names are really easy to say. I wish they would leave the names alone.

llxcharlenexll

llxcharlenexll

Love Me For Me

hate it it really annoys me =.=

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

I am used to them but they do annoy me in Yu-Gi-Oh!

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

I totally hate it. Once I read Yugioh manga in Korean and when I read the names in Korean, I almost threw up. I almost cursed the Korean editors. I mean when they change a little bit like in Gundam seed ( Asuran to Athrun, Kagari to Cagalli, Rakusu to Lacus) those aren't that bad but when they change it totally, I don't even feel like watching the anime/manga.

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

Cornetvee

Cornetvee

~| LosT WiNgs |~

I can't stand it! Like which part of Tomoyo sounds like Madison?! Gosh!

Signature
~ If what letters tell are called stories, are unspoken words a dream? ~
Many tnx Milkysan for the wonderful siggy! ;)

When I haven't watched the original Japanese language version, they seem quite okay but after I do... everything just sounds wrong. <.<

Quote by mizusuchanthey should never EVER change the names into english...NEVER...

I agree with you.

julian1

julian1

Pursuer Of Darkness

it pisses me off, except that Yukito's name was changed to Julian in Cardcaptor Sakura....

Signature

SilverSentinel

SilverSentinel

aka Guardian4

Well, I don't like it, but sometimes it's needed, I guess. If there's a very long name or it's difficult to pronouce, or it just can't be pronounced correctly, then I don't mind something similar. Michiru to Michelle, as much as loathe the Sailor Moon dub. I saw that one coming and while I didn't like it, at least it's closer to the original Amara for Haruka and Lita for Makoto!

I've seen some decent dubs that keep all the Japanese names: Fruits Basket and Juuni Kokki (kept all the terms too, great voices, best dub on this PLANET) (The 12 Kingdoms), but as far as I know, those anime weren't shown on TV. It seems to me that those actually having a time slot tend be bastardized. <_<

But generally, unless the name is truly unpronouncable, in which case it sounds nothing like it should in English, then leave it the same. I'm still annoyed at how people pronounce "Sakura" in English. I've only seen it done once correctly. In Xenosaga Ep II, they were pronoucing it as "Sa-KER-A" when it sounds in Japanese like "SA-kur-a". Annoyed the living crap out me every time they said it. >_< It's not that hard, people! Did you even listen to the Japanese?

FireflyStar

*bonk*

Well... usually when an anime is liscensed... it gets all butchered up by the people to show on TV anyways so I could care less if they change the names too. After awhile, you kinda get used to it too.

hell yea they do! So does the dub too

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 84 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.