Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 32+27=A Perfect Marriage - Minitokyo

32+27=A Perfect Marriage

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 18 total items

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

Why 32+27=A Perfect Marriage

<http://cdn-channels.netscape.com/cp...marriage135.jpg> Finding the perfect partner is only part of the equation for a perfect marriage. Turns out that if you want a life of wedded bliss, you must also marry at the optimum age.

And what is that age? According to a researcher in Great Britain, the answer is right here: M=Y+(1/e[X-Y]). That computes to 32 years old for men and 27 years old for women, reports London's Evening Standard.

This unusual bit of math wizardry is the handiwork of statistician Dennis Lindley, a professor at London's University College. He is confident his formula is so accurate that he says it will save marriages and reduce the divorce rate. If men and women know the optimum age at which to stop playing the field and start settling down, then they won't marry too soon or wait too long and be doomed to a loveless life.

This is his mathematical logic, according to the Evening Standard: To find an optimum marriageable age, subtract the earliest age at which you start looking for a partner (the professor assumes 16) from the latest age you would expect to marry (he says 60 for men, 46 for women), multiply it by a logarithmic formula (which works out at 0.36), and then add it again to your starting age.

FOR MEN:
60-16=44
44 x 0.36=15.84
15.84+16=31.84

FOR WOMEN:
46-16=30
33 x 0.36=10.8
10.8+16=26.8

The mathematician turned love counselor advises, "In the run-in period, men are learning about ladies. But they mustn't do this for too long." Thirty-two years to be exact.

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PTG

Firripu-Daioh

Thats great, but if 60 is the latest age I would get married, that is if I am not married by 60 I think I might kill myself :) 32 wouldn't be a bad age though. Though I am planning on a little younger than that.

"If I went around saying I was an Emporer, just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me,they'd put me away." (Dennis - Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

32 is too old~ XD

In Chinese culture, either you marry on or before 25 years old or your parents are going to China to find someone to marry your sorry ass~ XD

By that time I would be running to the nearest border ^^;

irix

irix

quam sidera multa, cum tacet nox

Thats so weirdo!

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Contradicts the Japanese notion of women as the "Christmas cake" - no one wants one after the 25th :P

Kev

Retired Moderator

Hannibal

lol, time to marry then, neko, hahahah, ur getting old :P

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

doomed to a loveless life. is this another aprils fools joke .. since when does marriage equals love ?

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

Trowble

Trowble

(^)(>_>)(^) Osiris!

Quote by cloud_nine32 is too old~ XD

In Chinese culture, either you marry on or before 25 years old or your parents are going to China to find someone to marry your sorry ass~ XD

By that time I would be running to the nearest border ^^;

I'm just glad that my chinese side of the family doesn't give 2 cents about it. XD

Signature

All Hail Justin: yergheigh
xXLordxOsirisXx: maybe *___*

melonchen

melonchen

cecil

have to wait now, damn >__< i'll not marry as an old o_O freakin grandma, my time is runing out >_<

shinta

shinta

Kawaii Chibi Meeper

Hahahaha! My time's running out. A psychic told me once that I was going to marry at the age of 33. >_< At least I know I'm not dying an old maid. ^_^

Signature Image
IMTeam -=- [Sammo] -=- [Kenzuke] -=- [OracleAngel] -=- [SapphireSky] -=- [dedwards] -=-
[WCC] [Vectorness] [Anime Club] [Canvas] [DNAngel Fans] [Express] [YYH Group] [IRC] [MTs] [FLIP]

Kev

Retired Moderator

Hannibal

auntie shinta! rar

kev is 20 now, ewdi teased me being a virgin in this age, where already married and had kids, lol

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

imho being married at a young age kinda sucks .. i wouldn't want to held back living my life or being responsible in taking care of kids already.

2x is way to young to settle down. gawd still so many things to do.
i like to grow old not up...

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

Leonryushin

Leonryushin

L33TP4ND4

Quote by -=[GundamZZ=-]A Perfect Marriage

There is no such thing as 'Perfection'.
It is an ideal which will never be attained by the likes of mere humans.

May the Woot be with you!

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

Quote by cloud_nineIn Chinese culture, either you marry on or before 25 years old or your parents are going to China to find someone to marry your sorry ass~ XD

Hahaha...thatz not really culture anymore....chinese ppl don't really do that now as more and more ppl are delaying marriage. I don't know about China but from where I came from (Hong Kong) that isn't how things were....haha

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lclun

lclun

mikoto-sama

haha..no worry shinta, you will find a couple soon!

shinta

shinta

Kawaii Chibi Meeper

A couple?! Bwahahaha! Thanks lclun. You're a mind-reader. ^_^

Signature Image
IMTeam -=- [Sammo] -=- [Kenzuke] -=- [OracleAngel] -=- [SapphireSky] -=- [dedwards] -=-
[WCC] [Vectorness] [Anime Club] [Canvas] [DNAngel Fans] [Express] [YYH Group] [IRC] [MTs] [FLIP]

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

Quote by shintaA couple?! Bwahahaha! Thanks lclun. You&#39;re a mind-reader. ^_^

cuz shinta is a player!!!!! lol....

Signature Image

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

haha you fools, letting numbers decide your fate haha XD

Signature

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.