Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Superstitions, do you believe in them? - Minitokyo

Superstitions, do you believe in them?

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Kori

Kori

Eternally Frozen in Time

So...? Do you?

I personally don't. They probably originate to scare kids or something, and some of them even have a logical explanation. :)

Signature Image

Fulgore

Fulgore

...insert title [here]...

I sure don't. Never understood how many of them worked anyways.

Signature

I don't either and when you consider number even less so. #4 in Japan is pronounced "yon" but #4 can also be pronounced "shi" which translate as death. So, any Japanese who believe in superstition probably will not want to stay in say hotel room #4219 because it sounds like "shi-ni-iku" which literally translate as "You are going to die."

:)

i guess i dont either. when i see a black cat run across the street or when i open an umbrella indoors, nothing bad happens. basically its fake but i believe in some like breaking a mirror etc.

Signature Image

celluz

celluz

Italian Otaku

In Italy we say: Non รจ vero ma ci credo - translated: its not true but i believe it

snarzz

snarzz

kawaii deschou ^^

hm..sometimes...when its dark and a black cat is stalking me for example *happend a few times*

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

nope. why believe in something when there is no reason to do so?

Signature

Definitely not.

Nope . although it is sometimes a convienient excuse : )

Kori

Kori

Eternally Frozen in Time

Quote by iazndragoniyanbasically its fake but i believe in some like breaking a mirror etc.

May I ask why? I just see a mirror as an object, nothing more.

Signature Image

Superstitions is kind of like some mythology, just a way people used to explain why certain things happened before they knew better. Apollo on his chariot and the sun rising and setting and the like. Now when someone gets cancer we understand a little why they did, but back before people knew what cancer even was--it would seem strange if suddenly someone who seemed just a bit under the weather up and died with no real fever or the normal 'illness related symptoms'. Most superstitions come from Scotland and the like, old-fashioned people whose cultures are deeply ingrained with myth and the occult. There probably is a certain amount of truth when it comes to some superstition--but the most commonly known ones tend to be the most ridiculous.

Nope, only believe in God. But my sis-in-law says that if you believe it it's true and if you don't it's not

TigerPrincess

TigerPrincess

Princess of the Tigers

Some, I dont' believe in God though...I think it's a lie, but that's just me. I don't believe in really cheesey SS...but I belive in the ones that could reallybe true!Lol if that makes sense to anyone but me.

If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
We'd see the day when nobody died...

ClockWorkDragon

ClockWorkDragon

King Of Fools

Yes I do.

Lady luck gives me bjs.

I Don't Won't No Trouble

no..it's so stupid

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

kik3..superstitious..totally crap. i don believe to it.but do believe to God

it's very hard not to when I've experienced so many strange things with no logical answers for them.

drsvans

drsvans

The werepyre burger overlord

I don't believe in it, because no matter if a black cat cross the road or you walk under a ladder and so on, there are still small accidents happening quite often, you just become more aware of them if some of the superstition event happened earlier. A bit like the placebo effeckt

Leonne

Leonne

dfiler of soulz

sometime yes sometimes no.... depends on waht I think of lolz

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

no for the most part but there are a few i do.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

Murphy's Law but that's not so much a superstition as it is a proven scientific fact in my opinion.

some of them are ridiculous .....but i do believe in a few ....

truthfully no. however when i have a run of bad luck i sometimes do

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.