Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Drugs: What would you do about them? - Minitokyo

Drugs: What would you do about them?

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 44 total items

drugs are evil. eeeevil. don't take drugs! unless, you mean medicine, but OD on that and you're screwed

lostprophetX

Creeper Kamikaze

Meh. There are ups and downs about drugs. Certain drugs, like marijuana, are prescribed to patients of chemotherapy. The reason, for those who don't know, is that when they smoke it, it makes them hungry, so therefore, they eat. Which is good.

johngimen

johngimen

E.Y.A.I.M.

dump it in outer space

follow ur heart, abandon ur brain
i aint that smart, but ill keep what i gain

UmazakiFury

UmazakiFury

Activating Ninjutsu

Not all drugs dangerous some of them are actually good like medicine e.g. Panadol!. It could only be dangerous if you miss used them. Unlike other drugs they stain your body for a long time and they can kill!

Destroy or be Destroy!
'Signature Image'

good for medicine, bad use else

sebastian22

sebastian22

Moody,man!

Drugs are a problem.(pretty obvious ~_~).They mess up yor whole life and needn't help you since they only make feelings you have even stronger,so it is a circle you take drugs to feel better but after you take them you feel even worse which causes you to take even more.But another thing is that it is the best thing to forbid them,but some kids might think it is 'cool' to take them just because it is not allowed.So the best thing is to stay away from then.

Normally here should be an intelligent and funny text.But I wasn't in the mood to write one.

I think we should call them doo-doo faces, and beat them up and take their lunch money!

No, seriously, I think it should be punishable by death. Harsh, but it would get the job done.

.....looks like we have a couple of drug addicts here...lol
but I won't want anything to do with drugs...don't even want to talk about it...so bye!
bty, if I'm in charge i'll raid everywhere for drugs n destroy them..haha!

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

ManOnFire

ManOnFire

Fiery wrath time! MWAHAHAHA!

Drugs are only a delusionment of pleasure to people who take them recreationally: it seems fun to them, but would destroying brain cells sound like fun to anyone like that if they took a moment to think? To me, it's just another example (in a way) of how some people want the individuality and independence to decide for themselves what to do with their lives for self-satisfaction, but just don't do the research to know what really is good for them. (In short, drugs are evil. I'm apalled at how tobacco became one of those necessary evils...)

The death penalty sounds a bit too extreme though, Dyvaith-Fyr. Mind you, it would work. My suggestion: subliminal hypnosis behind those anti-drug commercials if they can't persuade drug addicts to stop. If not, you can always show the picture of the blackened lungs... ew...

If it's red or fiery, I'll pay attention! WOOHOO! If it's red and fiery, GIMME!
Check my fiery userpage! (though I'm no photoshop expert):
Signature Image
Signature image made by ShueiTenshi. Thanks!

KuramasExlover

KuramasExlover

Rabbit Steps

I can understand some drugs. But when it comes to just using them for your own happiness its just stupid. It doesn't help solve problems and it sure as h*ll not gonna do your homework for you.....

There doesn't always have to be an end to something

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

I feel really stupid about myself because i'm hooked on caffein, mainly pepsi max but any caffeinated softdrink will do, not mad on coffee. Tobaccoo and marijuana are a bit harsher ones and i've promised myself not to do them (both i have tried). Tried pot once and will never go back to it, smoking i will only ever do with a cigar and socially, i find cigarettes dirty. I would never do these things regularly because i look at my brother and know that i would easily get hooked. The government makes money from tobacco so it wont be going any time soon. If it were made illegal it would just mean its more expensive.....the world works in weird and wonderful ways!

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

GenmaSaotome

lover not a fighter

Everyone is addicted to something. Happiness is a subjective experience, I say if functionality is maintained some people should go ahead and do whatever they feel like at the time. It's the people who let singular experiences define their lives that often become the greatest of addicts. In my opinion, if you wanna smoke some pot...be my guest, just don't let it define you'r existence. The same goes for all you computer junkies out there. Go for it, but its good to get in some other experiences. Everything is better in moderation.

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

i say burn drugs.. in the trash-can..

drugs are nice;; it cures a lot medical problems...
until u abuse it.. it's gd!

Zyndarius

Zyndarius

Sage of the Five Paths

Drugs like very other vices are inoffencive till the point they take control of yourself. I would probably legalise the drug distribution, yes, in order that pay task for import and export and all that treatys that are applied to every kind of comerce. I would penalize the distribution to minors though. If some adult wants to get druged so be it, but to childs it would have some kind of big big punishment.

"Every spilled tear, feeds the roots, of a tree which the heavens will reach."

griffin

griffin

Super Natty

Drugs... What would I do about them ? How good are they ?

TurtleEmperor

TurtleEmperor

full-time slacker

I stay away from them. I like my condition as natural as possible.

Signature Image
thank May-sama for the siggy ^_^

do a better job of educating people on the risks of abusing drugs
it's an addiction that can literally ruin one's life and the life of loved ones

Quote: I think if I had the power to, I would ban drugs for use other than for medical purposes. Drugs do nothing but kill the human system and shorten loved ones' lives...so why should they stay? Those who oppose me will just have to deal with it or emigrate, I suppose (it's quite a harsh thing to do, but it's only for their personal health).

(And a few other posts like this)

OK, here are a few questions:

In what way do drugs such as cannabis, alcohol, caffeine etc. taken in moderation (anything is bad for you if you have too much of it) "kill the human system and shorten loved ones' lives"?

Now, this one is important.

What do you hope to accomplish by banning them? (In reality, people won't "deal with it or emigrate", they will mostly ignore the law, and an unregulated market will spring up run by criminality, far more dangerous than any legal market. Laws such as that are pretty much unenforcable. We're dealing with reality here. Can you name any instances in the past where drug use was eliminated or even significantly limited by prohibition?)

What does drug prohibition achieve?

Quote: I don't see that it's the government problem. Cut all socialized health care for non-government-employees and non-military-benefit-recipients, and then it is no longer the problem of the general public since it will no longer be their money paying for the effects of these drugs.

Usual way of dealing with that is simply to tax those drugs which cause a burden on health services, so that the tax can pay for it. In a civilised and developed society, nobody should have to fear going without basic healthcare.

Quote: If not, you can always show the picture of the blackened lungs... ew...

Doesn't work. People are very good at blocking out unpleasant images, and as a side effect, they tend to block out everything else you're telling them at the same time. Best way to communicate dangers to people is simple honesty, if you manipulate or lie they won't trust you.

Quote: drugs are fine if taken in moderation. but it's peoples weak wills that make them fall addicted. but all this stuff about it being bad for you is a lie. the goverment is lieing to you about drugs

That all depends on what drugs you're talking about. Most drugs aren't addictive, and so the only thing that can occur is that you can develop a psychological dependence on them. But some drugs are addictive, and those drugs make chemical changes to the way the brain works, so that it comes to require the drug for normal operation.

And many drugs are essentially harmless, they can be bad for you if you overuse them, but so can just about anything. But some drugs are inevitably harmful.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 44 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.