Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Understanding Air - Minitokyo

Understanding Air

Tagged under Air

page 1 of 1 18 total items

I just finished watching Air Tv, a wonderful emotional anime (too bad it is based on a H-game...). But there are some things I dont completely understand, like the connection between Kanna and Misuzu.
What are your thoughts on the anime?

Kuikka-kun

Kuikka-kun

Yori Fukai Yami He

Most of romance-animes are based on H-games (Kiminozo, Shuffle! etc.) I did not fing it as a bad thing. And there are all-ages versions of those games. Why it's a bad thing to be based on a Ren-Ai / H-game?
I did enjoy it, but the movie was WAY better. The ending,,, I have to hold my tears if I see some still pictures out of her.... sniff...

Signature

angelicdemonIII

angelicdemonIII

Dark and Light

Well I hate Air but I love Kanna. and about the connection between the two I really don't know it might get explaned more in thr Air summer special. I haven't seen that yet but it looks good because that one is all about Kanna. So you should check out the Air Summer Specia.l

Signature Image

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

yea, the summer special focuses on Kanna's story, and the movie focuses on Misuzu and Yukito. They both do a good job supplementing the series, I think.

Quote by GEEBut there are some things I dont completely understand, like the connection between Kanna and Misuzu.

I'll explain this to the best of my abilities ^^ Basically, Misuzu embodies the 'spirit' of Kanna. If you remember, Misuzu talks about how she dreams of another 'self' in the sky - I believe that's Kanna she's referring to. But because normal humans can't contain that extraordinary 'power', Misuzu becomes progressively ill as she has these dreams that go backward in time.

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

Her other self in the sky, that is true, but I wonder why Misuzi has those dreams, how can they be connected to each other?
There is the possibility that she feels the girl in the sky and cares for her, making her a victim of the curse. That can be why she dies in the end.
Maybe she is the incarnation of kannas spirit, like was told in ep. 9 or 8, and still is a victim of the curse that whenever she dreams, it is a nightmare.
I really dont know, but I will look out if I can find the summer special.
Thanks for your replies!

Well this anime is confusing i had a hard time understanding it too ><. But i think Misuzu saw another one of herself in the air because kanna's spirit is in misuzu so misuzu trys to have a good time so she can bring back the memories back to kanna since they said in one episoide a winged being's spirit is too much for any human to have so her spirits going into different bodys ever 1000 years i think since in the opening song it shows on the 1000th summer

If i remember correctly... Misuzu was like a container for kannas soul- one of many. That's why she also saw "The dreams of the stars", and the person to inherit kanna's soul after misuzu [the boy from the beach] would be the last one... at least thats what i understood o.o;

Quote by TanyaG9If i remember correctly... Misuzu was like a container for kannas soul- one of many. That's why she also saw "The dreams of the stars", and the person to inherit kanna's soul after misuzu [the boy from the beach] would be the last one... at least thats what i understood o.o;

i think it's the girl from the beach that is next to misuzu(since she is the one that wants to go to the ocean like kanna). the boy might be ryuya's (since he wants to fulfill her wish). well i dun really know.. lol

Quote by angelicdemonIIIWell I hate Air but I love Kanna. and about the connection between the two I really don't know it might get explaned more in thr Air summer special. I haven't seen that yet but it looks good because that one is all about Kanna. So you should check out the Air Summer Specia.l

Yes, I love Kanna too! She my most favor. anime character at the moment after watching the summer special. I agreed, I hate Air (tv series) but adore Kanna. She such a sweet and cute princess. I love the summer special, I watched it over and over and never get bore because it was all about Kanna. It's sweet and funny.

Can't help crying....T-T
Misuzu...........T-T

Espe(...) the end of the story....
The little boy and girl on the beach,
"We're the future"....

With LIA's Voice.....
The poetry of birds...........

Quote by GEEHer other self in the sky, that is true, but I wonder why Misuzi has those dreams, how can they be connected to each other?
There is the possibility that she feels the girl in the sky and cares for her, making her a victim of the curse. That can be why she dies in the end.
Maybe she is the incarnation of kannas spirit, like was told in ep. 9 or 8, and still is a victim of the curse that whenever she dreams, it is a nightmare.
I really dont know, but I will look out if I can find the summer special.
Thanks for your replies!

I think the reason Misuzu has those dreams is because of Yukito, because he was holding the spirit of Ryuuga(sp?), and when he was around her spirit was constantly remembering what happened to kanna (she reffers to her as the girl in the sky). examples are like, when Misuzu dropped the cards reminds her of kanna dropping those juggling sand-bags, and when yukito made the doll juggle those boxes that one night.

seriously those cry-scenes with Misuzu really make me sad though.

Quote by lyn123

Quote by TanyaG9If i remember correctly... Misuzu was like a container for kannas soul- one of many. That's why she also saw "The dreams of the stars", and the person to inherit kanna's soul after misuzu [the boy from the beach] would be the last one... at least thats what i understood o.o;

i think it's the girl from the beach that is next to misuzu(since she is the one that wants to go to the ocean like kanna). the boy might be ryuya's (since he wants to fulfill her wish). well i dun really know.. lol

yah i agree the chilidren on the beach are the next hosts for their spirits i think.

steffic

steffic

i l!ve a beaUtiFuL Life

Hmm.. the thing that i understand from AIR is that:

Misuzu indeed was Kanna reincarnation.. it seems that Kanna, who stiLL saw that dreams as her curse, keep reincarnating.. but her reincarnation would always have those dreams, and eventually dies.. yukito's mother and ancestor, for generations, have searched for Kanna's reincarnation and wanted to help her, but to which they always failed.. untiL the 1000th summer, when yukito met misuzu.. the boy and girL in the beach is yukito and misuzu reincarnation, it shows multidimension in this story as their reincarnation should be born in later years^^ and the AIR symbol shows a girl who was holding the boy's hand.. in the end, the nightmare is supposed to end in misuzu.. and the happy life for their reincarnation..

GAO ^-^

~to the one i love, prepare to die~ Oboro.
EXTERNAL IMAGE REMOVED BY MODERATOR. PLEASE USE Signature Image instead.
~thx to soujiokita for tis beautiful sig^^

Quote by stefficHmm.. the thing that i understand from AIR is that:

Misuzu indeed was Kanna reincarnation.. it seems that Kanna, who stiLL saw that dreams as her curse, keep reincarnating.. but her reincarnation would always have those dreams, and eventually dies.. yukito's mother and ancestor, for generations, have searched for Kanna's reincarnation and wanted to help her, but to which they always failed.. untiL the 1000th summer, when yukito met misuzu.. the boy and girL in the beach is yukito and misuzu reincarnation, it shows multidimension in this story as their reincarnation should be born in later years^^ and the AIR symbol shows a girl who was holding the boy's hand.. in the end, the nightmare is supposed to end in misuzu.. and the happy life for their reincarnation..

GAO ^-^

That's exactly what I understand about the story. Misuzu is Kanna's reincarnation. That's why she has those dreams and suffers because a human body can't contain a spirit of a winged-being.

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

I have a question of my own: what happened to Yukito? did he die too, or was he somehow reincarnated into that crow (but during the time he was with Misuzu...

well..you know he gived his powers to Misuzu.. that's was kind of his job.. trying to save her and she recoverd

but i dunt understand why he had to die....
i know i know he gave his powers/ spirit / whatever to misuzu to help her
but couldn't he not have died? i kind of liked him.
also didn't misuzu like get worse after he sacrificed himself? (ya she got better for like 2 min. but got 10x worse after that)

UsagiYuki

The Falafel Alchemist

Yep! Bacically Misuzu is Kanna's rencarnation. Sorry other posts were probably more helpful.... -_-;

Misuzu is Kanna's 1000 year reincarnation and the story was really hard to follow till i got to episode 8 and i liked it at first but then just hated it till the end. probaly i wont watch it again.

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Comment

Replying as Warning: Undefined property: Authentication::$name in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/quick_reply.html on line 7

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.