Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 MT3 is it a disappointment? - Minitokyo

MT3 is it a disappointment?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 11 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Next » 251 total items

Rikimaru-jp

Rikimaru-jp

Katon Karyu Endan

Quote by AngelKateYou still have groups but you have to go back and re-add all of your friends. They are all still there but they are only listed under "watch". You have to go under the My Friends thing and change it that way. But some of my groups are gone....like the Tsubasa group...all the info on there is just gone. :(

I already know that and I already added everyone to my friends list!
that's not the issue here!
I seldom download scans or wallpapers here only the ones I get notified of and the ones I find them interesting to have! so the credits thingy isn't bothering me personally but what about the people who can't submit scans or wallies?
and why didn't the admins keep the level along with the credits?
the level was really cool idea because it makes you feel like you're inside an RPG game and you always try hard to be as active as you can to increase your level!
it was fun!

*~* It's Not Who I Am Underneath, But What I Do That Defines Me *~*
Signature Image
Check My Gallery

dianas

dianas

WE ARE OF PEACE ALWAYS

i have seen that the friend list problem is ok now but is not that..i worry about the groups and credits

When life gives you lemons - make a lemonade XD
Creator of: BW-TB-:-C-sW
<--visit us--> Our world is based on attractioN

akuma2002

akuma2002

~~ Ecchi desu ~~

I guess we need to wait to be accustomed with the new system. The only thing i don't really like now is browsing, it's a bit difficult to access what you really want. I really think that the boxes to navigate were interesting :D

You will take proper responsibility for killing me -- Arcueid Brunestud, Shingetsutan Tsukihime

Dioma

Dioma

F*** off

I don't like this update =/ I really hate these credits >_<
http://forum.minitokyo.net/thread/37804/whats-opnion-new-mt/
^ Most of opinions are in this thread

MysteryAngel

MysteryAngel

Kurai utsukushisa

What bothers me the most is that I can't get on my user page. It says its forbidden *sniffs* No one can go to my user page. Also I can't send pm's.

Signature Image

phamthuha

phamthuha

#Elemural Rainbow#

Yes, AngelKate-san, i see the group has been del all information +__+ how sad because i am also admin there >_<
Well, new but not really easy to use. We all just got to wait until it is finish to really tell what we think about it T__T

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

TrinityLi

TrinityLi

innocence

I like the new look. It's got some new features so it's going to take some time to get used to but once all the bugs and stuff are all worked out, it will be good.

.:Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana:.

Rikimaru-jp

Rikimaru-jp

Katon Karyu Endan

Quote by jasmine

Quote by dianasis not that Asahi .. i du not like the idea no friends no more groups..sad because i love to help with groups..and the sistem is so restricted now

Dianas, you are wrong. It is not like there will be no friends at all. Go under the control panel -> friends, check the boxes next to each and every of your friend you want to, and then update their status to "friend" from the right now "watch". There are groups still as well. The system is not restricted, it works in different way that is used to but it does not mean it is worse. It is different and all of us need to learn the new interface of MT3 and get familiar with the credit system. Just wait a bit and see how it will look like, when all of us get used to it and all the bugs will be fixed. We do not have unlimited bandwith as has been pointed out continuously by Keltosh and certain measure had to be taken to save it at least by a tiny little bit.

I just want to ask all of you. Stop complaining for now. It will not help out you nor administrators in any way. Try to browse MT3, see what great new features it has, how it looks like right now, learn its new organization and grouping. And try to welcome it in a more open minded way >.<

I will tell you guys something, when I first browsed through MT3 today, I was also a little puzzled at first, but the more I surf it the more I start liking it. It is certainly an improvement and a change, hopefully for the better, but only when you guys start cooperating and appreciating its new features rather then sticking blindinly to the old mt2 that was not the best at all and had many faults as well.

Jaz, what's bothering about MT3 are three things!
1)the restricted rules related to groups! "we can only be admins of 4 groups"
2)the level removal !
3)the work we did on our userpages and groups are ruin now!

and I browesed every single corner of MT3 now and I know that there are lots of improvements and I did thank the staff for that but there are also dark side! we have to admit it all!

Signature Image
Check My Gallery

Dioma

Dioma

F*** off

Everyone seems to hate the credits, user page problems and sections for friends =/ and yes, these things are weird :s

jasmine

Retired Moderator

jasmine

jazz mod

But the "dark sides" as you call them are nothing compared to the improvements in MT3. I myself like MT3 better already. You are complaining about the level removal. But what was level really for? People were stupidly spamming just to get to level 10. Credits in this respect are more fair. If you want to download you must in a meaningful way participate in the life of the community. Simple and fair and hopefully will:
1) prevent leechers
2) increase mt's speed
You are also complaining about the restrictions on groups. But do you really have to be an administrator of more then 4 groups? Will you actually have time to participate in their life? On a regulary basis? I hardly think it is possible. I am an administrator of 4 and I hardly visit them at all. As a matter of fact I visit 2 groups on a regular basis for the rest I lack time. So, inmo this is not a valid argument against MT. And it really does not diminish or restrict one's level of participation, it only restricts how many groups can one person create.

What I do is me...
... for that I came
me @ DeviantArt, AnimePaper, msn space

DarkVirus

DarkVirus

::Nobody::

I think it is not offical yet Rikimaru-jp, so i can't say MT3 is a disappointment yet...
just wait for a few days until Sheqel finishes MT3 completely...

retire

Odysseus

Odysseus

Still searching...

I would say the biggest problem is the UI. (User interface) It's near impossible to follow this maze of links around. The old version was very complex but also very easy to follow around. Now the search function is lost, the groups are a mess, and the submissions sections has been ruined. I liked the way you could look at them all easily from the front page....

However I do like all the skin options now... but umm.. i'm still trying to figure out if sig images work anymore... o_0

SebastianvonKane

SebastianvonKane

Omniversal lone traveler

As I said to Sheqel, it sucks, but I'll wait some time to see if Mt can make it up to us.

"You have a job to do, and so do I. Yours is to sell socks and suspenders. Mine is to cross-examine people like you and crush them".

DarkCrimson

DarkCrimson

Angel on Dragon's Mistress

I liked the old Mt better....This one is really....well..............lets say I dont like it much.....
The Friendlist...........the Members........this Credit thing.....AND MY USERPAGE IS A MESS!*gosh*

Well cant be helped hu....?

Signature

EternalDarkness

EternalDarkness

Your Loneliness...My pleasure

yes im VERY dissapointed in it...it just plain sux teh balls... i think the whole thing sux... go back to MT v2

-D.j.

Signature Image
The Emo/Death God!

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

I don't see anything wrong with the change, I actually like the new layout elements and system. I guess I'm used to the AnimePaper credits system, so having to "pay" for stuff really doesn't bother me.
It kinda reminds me of MT V1, which I missed. :)

Rikimaru-jp

Rikimaru-jp

Katon Karyu Endan

Quote by jasmineBut the "dark sides" as you call them are nothing compared to the improvements in MT3. I myself like MT3 better already. You are complaining about the level removal. But what was level really for? People were stupidly spamming just to get to level 10. Credits in this respect are more fair. If you want to download you must in a meaningful way participate in the life of the community. Simple and fair and hopefully will:
1) prevent leechers
2) increase mt's speed
You are also complaining about the restrictions on groups. But do you really have to be an administrator of more then 4 groups? Will you actually have time to participate in their life? On a regulary basis? I hardly think it is possible. I am an administrator of 4 and I hardly visit them at all. As a matter of fact I visit 2 groups on a regular basis for the rest I lack time. So, inmo this is not a valid argument against MT. And it really does not diminish or restrict one's level of participation, it only restricts how many groups can one person create.

well I would like to comment on the groups issue well believe it or not I am an admin of 14 groups and I managed to take care of them all along with my fellow admins and mederators and I helped to keep them active as much as I could!
I know that you rarely visit your groups but I totally understand that because you are a mod and you need to take care of MT you are too busy!

Signature Image
Check My Gallery

Dufoe88

Dufoe88

Dressed to kill! BLAH!!..

well.. i guess everyone is right.. but if you guys look well you will see the friends still in your list and the groups too, but sheqel is working in them..
anyway.. still need time to learn MT3 >.>
to me i like the new layout! ^^

My last work "The Art Of Dufoe "

dianas

dianas

WE ARE OF PEACE ALWAYS

Quote by OdysseusI would say the biggest problem is the UI. (User interface) It's near impossible to follow this maze of links around. The old version was very complex but also very easy to follow around. Now the search function is lost, the groups are a mess, and the submissions sections has been ruined. I liked the way you could look at them all easily from the front page....

However I do like all the skin options now... but umm.. i'm still trying to figure out if sig images work anymore... o_0

i agree with you........

When life gives you lemons - make a lemonade XD
Creator of: BW-TB-:-C-sW
<--visit us--> Our world is based on attractioN

I hate it, :) but some stuff looks cool but the set up is all messed up.
and credits i want points back *crys*. But i'll be hopeful. And what is with the sigs not working or uploading. ?

Signature Image A little birdy told you to .... FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

mishia

mishia

Angel in Disguise

GAWD this is nuts! The old MT is so much better! I liked the level system and all that! But now? The credits thing? That's just annoying! What's up with that? And the userpages are so messed up and the control panel is really confusing me... the list just goes on! I also think maybe they should've tested MT3 before uploading it! And it's not even done yet, they could have at least finished it before uploading it right away like that! And a warning would have been nice too! Sheesh!

Signature
Meh~ I'll come up with a smart signature later...XD

~Shia-chan

LilLaoRyo704

LilLaoRyo704

[????????]

Quote by mishiaGAWD this is nuts! The old MT is so much better! I liked the level system and all that! But now? The credits thing? That's just annoying! What's up with that? And the userpages are so messed up and the control panel is really confusing me... the list just goes on! I also think maybe they should've tested MT3 before uploading it! And it's not even done yet, they could have at least finished it before uploading it right away like that! And a warning would have been nice too! Sheesh!

I don't like this, i just get home from school just now, and chloe-chan tells me that MT makes a big change and i see it, and i don't like the credits and i don't like the way the our userpages are done.

Asucaga:CGK:.Hack:Host Club:G00-D:BWTB:KHO
Signature ImageLatest Wall -> Woodpecker
Latest Vector -> Luke & Asch

Angel-on-Dragon

Angel-on-Dragon

DarkCrimson's Sex Slave

Quote by Rikimaru-jpwhat about the people who can't submit scans or wallies?
and why didn't the admins keep the level along with the credits?
the level was really cool idea because it makes you feel like you're inside an RPG game and you always try hard to be as active as you can to increase your level!
it was fun!

Yeah these are some of my questions too.
I think it's really confusing...
- Groups: How can we now advertise for our groups? They aren't named on the userpage and 4 lines are not enough to name them in the signature.... And why shall there be an limitation for administring groups?
- Credits: I don't get this credit thing... You have to pay for nearly everything, but it isn't said how to gain them.... What about new members? They can't download anything, can they? And what about those that just want to download but aren't that talented?
- Friends: What's the difference between hotlist, friendlist and watchlist?
- Notifications: I want them back where they were! I think it really sucks to have to go in the control panel to look if there's something new! That's imo one of the worst changes.

I think there's a lot more, but that's what comes to my mind first....

Signature Image

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

This is very difficult to navigate...at least right now it is. I don't like how the new submissions aren't on the front page anymore. The shoutbox is gone completely. I miss the level system :( It was cool to watch my level go up. So far the only think I like is that you can change skins to whatever user you want. I can use my own skin. XD Yay!

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

page 2 of 11 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Next » 251 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.