Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 MT3 is it a disappointment? - Minitokyo

MT3 is it a disappointment?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 5 of 11 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next » 251 total items

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

Quote by SizzaI'm disappointed, the new credit system confuses me, and the whole restriction on the downloads is confusing. Overall, i want the old MT back.

Then a qustion to you my dear friend, what exactly is confusing? Credits? That's like virtual money on mt. you get it by contributing to this wallpaper/scan gallery by submitting scans, wallpapers, doujins and so forth. so if you want to download a wallpaper/scan etc., they cost something, and you pay with the credits you earn...wow easy ey?

please also, state why exactly you think one of the new features is bad. put yourself into sheqels position reading this kind of crap over and over again and not understanding why it's confusing or not good. just saying "this sucks and this aint no good i want the old one back" is just...low. im sorry that's the only word i could think of.

- Lima

The biggest problem I have with MT3 is it, it self. I just don't like it. And I hate how a lot of things like private messages, notifications, groups, friend list's, and a lot of other things are in the control panel. to me that is just annoying of how they had that.

Sizza

Sizza

Burnt Toast :P

I just don't really understand the credit system, and now that someone has finally explained it i get it. So thanks.

And i'm not saying it sucks i just rather have the old version back because it is easier to handle for me.

Proud member of ~ MT-UK ~
Signature

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

Quote by rmuyo

A second one almost tied with loss of favorites is the credit idea, and the fact pictures don't say how many credits they will take for a download. If you will have an idotic and pointless and unwanted system like credits show how much each thing "costs". Though I would prefer credits are gone all together.

It does tell you this!

Signature

daos

daos

Dark Angel Of Silence

Forget my last comment. Once I read the news I disliked it. The last thing I want to do is worry about what scans I think are more important. -__- It was bad enough in MT 2 when we could only add ten things to our favorites, but this credits thing takes the cake. I like the new layout although it's a bit more confusing. The levels I dislike the most, very disappointed.

Quote by Miroku4444

Quote by rmuyo

A second one almost tied with loss of favorites is the credit idea, and the fact pictures don't say how many credits they will take for a download. If you will have an idotic and pointless and unwanted system like credits show how much each thing "costs". Though I would prefer credits are gone all together.

It does tell you this!

Where? I've looked on about five pictures and cannot find it. If it is there it has to be so obvious it is the first thing seen, even before the picture, because right now I (and several others I've talked to) cannot find it.

merged: 10-27-2005 ~ 06:05am

Quote by Katzbalger

Quote by rmuyoAgain, if it is not 100% done then why is it up and running? That itself makes me wonder how much more it can get screwed up. You don't launch a ship with it not being fully done so why was this "launched" before it was fully done, add that to my list of disappointments.

Also, no you can't have everything but if you are the ones that allow something to exist by keeping that something popular enough to exist, you have a lot more say then those that create it as ironic as that might sound.

They launch a ship with extensive testing, yes, but computer games and online forums need to be tested by being used. Games have people play the betas before they get released but you can't do that with online comunities. That's why they have a bug reporting section. Anyway, it happened with the transition of 1 to 2, it'll happen again with 2 to 3, and 3 to 4 and 4 to 5 (if Sheq's still alive).

Oh, and for those who haven't noticed yet, Gmail is also only in its beta version. It's not bug free yet.

Then why not restrict it to a few users, keep two Minitokyo's up in away, or close this one but to a few testers? Obviously they have massive flaws in this one and if it is not ready then don't make it open to the public.

Gmail might be in it's beta stage, but next to this beta stage, it's a Swiss Watch next to a dollar digital.

----------------------------
"It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison" - Michelle Chang R.o.D. the TV

"Don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he always wanted . . . he lived happily ever after." - Willy Wonka

i.really.miss.m.t.2!
what happened to the levels? never mind that, what happened to the easy browsing. now everything's so hard to find. eeek! mt2 come bac

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

I want my white MT layout back! Bad MT!

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

MT v3 is just the transition from MT v2. Of course changes are expected, and to the individual, changes will seem for the better or the worse. For one thing, the level system was substituted for the credits system so that members don't show how "powerful" they are, let alone that some of the members were leveling up rather cheaply with their wallpapers because of the amount of friends they had (I may fall under this category, which I admit, but I promise to improve as I am in transition of making another wallpaper).

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

w00tazn

w00tazn

hottie.

it DOES tell you how much each wallpaper costs.. LOOK BEFORE OPENING YOUR MOUTH.

ITS ON THE LEFT SIDE.

About the credits, when you click on a wallpaper - its says on the left how much credits it will take if you download it - f.ex it will say Credits: 0.102.

As for the credits thing, initally I disliked it. But seeing as how we can no longer see who is a high level and a low level, I think the lesser walls will get more attention than before. And thats a good thing. Prolly it will inspire those people to make even better walls too.

Allready I'm getting more and more used to the interface - my only negative response right now, is that there are so many bugs and that the userpages with all its contents are not yet ready.

I'm sure as time goes by, we all will get used to this, those who dont like it, will leave. Not much to do about that - but with change comes both good and bad things.

I dont like it... :\
I cant find anything now

yes , i am really disappointed of MT3. because i like level system more than credit system.

cloakanddagger

cloakanddagger

ain't she cute

i am new to Minitokyo, i signed up 3 days ago and i had just gotten used to the setup. now i have
no idea how to do things. i am trully p#@$d about this.

live with honor, die with honor, without honor you are nothing. quote by cloakanddagger

http://s4.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=24436

MiniMog

MiniMog

My.Sweet.Serenity

Quote by exelroyes , i am really disappointed of MT3. because i like level system more than credit system.

Agreed. I thought that the credit system was going to work a lot differently, but alas, it doesn't, and therefore, I feel that the level system was a lot better. I can happily say that the forum layout looks a bit better, but that's about it.. :\

Signature
Avatar, Signature Image and Userpage Layout by k1ru.

I can only say.....explore, read, watch with your eyes not with your ass and live with it :D~! got bugs ? well...welcome to Mt3 \o/ the substitute of dot hack \o/ and I thought people didn't like mt2 =/......

sjade1

sjade1

theJADEDnetwork.com

The navigation for "My Minitokyo" is hard to get along with - it was a lot easier when you could see bits of the info you wanted in one page instead of having to click on multiple links just to see that info.
The other part I'm not too happy with the whole points system.
The level system was easier to grasp and get along with.

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

I really don't like the credit system but I think I will get used to it. I don't like how downloads require credits and how submitting something requires credits.

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image
Latest wall ::A Void in my Heart::

bqc

I don't like this new version because it's not user friendly at all. I was able to adapt to the format and layout of the previous version quite easily and i was thankful of how user friendly it was. This version freaked me out. I didn't see the nice alphabetically ordered anime series, i didn't see the most recent submissions or popular submissions. i am completely lost on creating a threads and some of the buttons like switching from page to page don't work like on the thread of what we think of the new mt, i got stuck on page 12 and no matter what i pressed i couldn't go to a different page.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

So is that what the credits are for?

Well that is kind of restricting... I download many wallpapers to evaluate them and now I would have to think twice before I download something then :\ that's a bit of a pain...

I actually like this layout... no double posting... only problem is you need firefox or a wider screen... I was on a smaller computer a while ago and the middle section was at the bottom of the page and not between the two columns. It is a bit confusing to get around and I'll have to relink everything to my groups... but yahhhhhh now it's kinda hard to figure out who has the goodies or not because I used to hover my mouse over a member's level bar and then go "whoaaaa who's this?" and then click on them... and now my pink squishy avvie is gone... I have to go find it again...

Hmmmm I think Mt3 is nice... but it's kind of confusing ^_^'

merged: 10-27-2005 ~ 06:34am
I forgot to say, Mt is a lot faster now... and the no avvie layout looks pretty neat... but I'm a visually inclined person and I tend to remember pictures more than text... but meh that's just me...

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

PwnOXz0r

PwnOXz0r

The One

So far I'm not really dissapointed. Then again I did just log in but so far it's looking sharper, betterly defined. I like it.

Join us. There is no option but Green.
Be bold, think Green www.limerockcafe.net

Limerockcafe.net

clynelacus

believe in tomorrow

wat the heck happened? this is so weird. i liked the old MT.....T_T

screenlooker

screenlooker

master chief's real face

i have to say that i dont like it
it is harder to understand and i didnt get a notification that you made this thread!
its all more confusing...

Godfrey of Ibelin: Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath.

the credit thing is a good idea but, as kuroimisa said, I download the wall before commenting on it and with that system I don't think it will push the members to comment on wallies...
But I think that for every thing else I can get used to it with time...

Signature
. ~ * ~ * ~ My Newest Wallie: Deadly Night ~ * ~ * ~ .

I am a member of COLORFULL WALLIES! ~ Free--Wallers ~ Sesshomaru-Luvin

page 5 of 11 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next » 251 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.