Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 MT3 Advantages! - Minitokyo

MT3 Advantages!

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 59 total items

Kenichi

Kenichi

Retired MT Member

yeah the forum is faster, thats more imortant.
the control planel is alright..

Signature

Rikimaru-jp

Rikimaru-jp

Katon Karyu Endan

I have just came online and I have noticed that the staff added the notifications indicator to the top left menu that's really a great step forward :) thank you!

*~* It's Not Who I Am Underneath, But What I Do That Defines Me *~*
Signature Image
Check My Gallery

Quote by Rikimaru-jpI have just came online and I have noticed that the staff added the notifications indicator to the top left menu that's really a great step forward :) thank you!

Yeah, I noticed that too. That is just great :D
I'm already getting used to MT3 and in the process I'm getting more and more satisfied with it :)
The fact that it loads so fast is the biggest pluss imo :D
There are more advanteges now then before.
Also the credit thing, I can live with that.

All in all its starting to look good *thumps up to the staff*

Zerlingo

Zerlingo

Anime Master

As i said in other thread the user interface is not very user friendly, all the options are very bad disposed. The V2 of minitokyo is more structure although i must recognize this version is nicer in a few aspects.

I don't like the fact of going to the fav page whe one add a favorite to an image. A button or text like v2 were better than this.

I like a lot the way you make the minitokyo skin page of the control panel. I have noticed that notifications were added to the main user block but there's still a problem, in my case i have 0 notifications and i always have 20+. I erased all cookies and i have used different browsers such as Avant Brower, Firefox, Opera and IE. The same problem in all of them.

The gallery with more items is a plus for navigation. As suggestion, for those who don't like too many tumbnails, it would be nice to have an option to choose the number or thumbnails per page. That would give fastest loadings for users with poor connections. Http://turbosquid is a good example of what i mean.

The credit system is like we needed to work for earn a kind of money, money for buying scans, wallpapers or whatelse more. I Know bandwidth cost money.. but there are too many websites or moeboards serving gigs for free and without Google ads. I really dislike the credit system, a lot.

In Hongfire they say that here people are very elitist (in the bad way of the sense), now they will think worse and too many people here will no visit MT or simplily will opt for another site.

The comment of the speed is correct. It really does seem to be faster than usual.

The watchlist and friendlist feature is handy.

Though most of the community are in the state of confusion, the new features of MT3 are capable of better organization.

To summarize, I think that the best thing about MT3 is that it opens up a lot of possibilities. That may serve as a good thing or a bad thing. Let's just look at the bright side and hope that it will do Minitokyo good.

Latest wallpaper: I'm Still Waiting

Rikimaru-jp

Rikimaru-jp

Katon Karyu Endan

Quote by kaiser47The comment of the speed is correct. It really does seem to be faster than usual.

The watchlist and friendlist feature is handy.

Though most of the community are in the state of confusion, the new features of MT3 are capable of better organization.

To summarize, I think that the best thing about MT3 is that it opens up a lot of possibilities. That may serve as a good thing or a bad thing. Let's just look at the bright side and hope that it will do Minitokyo good.

Well I agree with you about the browsing speed!
it's definitely faster than MT2 :)

Signature Image
Check My Gallery

I've gotta say that now that add favorites and notifs are back, I'm pretty much satisified :)

hikarujm

hikarujm

FFVII's Fan

Interesting thread, I have seen lots of complaining but this is the first one I see about the advantages... actually I wanted to create it yesterday but I couldn't because of the database error... ohh well, who cares, here is what I had to say.

Here are the things I like about the new MT:

-friends administration: you can have more information about the people on your friendlist, like the last time they logged, without having to go to their GB. So if you want to delete some members from your list, you can you do it from the friends option on my minitokyo page.
Besides, you can't have people marked as 'watch' instead of friends... I'd like to see how this are going to work. (Note: I would like an explanation of what is the difference between 'watch', 'friend' and 'hot list' in terms of notifications)
URL: http://my.minitokyo.net/friends/

- More group options: Contacting group members are really hard if the group is too big, so the group notification feature looks useful to me (I hope it starts working soon). Besides there is now a way to quit a group using the 'leave' button.
URL: http://my.minitokyo.net/groups/

- Skins: I like to be able to choose skins created by other members to browse MT instead of the old 'blue' and 'white' skins (btw, I miss the white one). Besides the building of skins looks a lot easier that before and is better explained.
URL: http://my.minitokyo.net/skin/
URL: http://my.minitokyo.net/skinbuilder/

- Better HTML code: if you take a look at the HTML source for any page you'll find that it's now much cleaner. Maybe you haven't notice, but before every comment was writen twice in the HTML, one for actual displaying and the other for quoting.
Maybe the previous quoting system was easier that the one right now, but it also allow the page to load faster and save some bandwidth.

Of course I don't like all the changes (e.g.: the credit system looks confusing, or the avatars not showing at the GB posts) and not all the features are operational, but I think we have to give it some time.

k1ru

k1ru

is not here.

hmmm..... riki-san~ u have made d thread~ XD XD
hmmm.....

i just wanna say:
MT3 layout was cool! but I think i've lost something..... ^_^'

and.... it really confusing~ XD

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

About gaining and spending credits in Minitokyo v3 <-- read here for credits

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

Rikimaru-jp

Rikimaru-jp

Katon Karyu Endan

Quote by hikarujmInteresting thread, I have seen lots of complaining but this is the first one I see about the advantages... actually I wanted to create it yesterday but I couldn't because of the database error... ohh well, who cares, here is what I had to say.

Here are the things I like about the new MT:

-friends administration: you can have more information about the people on your friendlist, like the last time they logged, without having to go to their GB. So if you want to delete some members from your list, you can you do it from the friends option on my minitokyo page.
Besides, you can't have people marked as 'watch' instead of friends... I'd like to see how this are going to work. (Note: I would like an explanation of what is the difference between 'watch', 'friend' and 'hot list' in terms of notifications)
URL: http://my.minitokyo.net/friends/

- More group options: Contacting group members are really hard if the group is too big, so the group notification feature looks useful to me (I hope it starts working soon). Besides there is now a way to quit a group using the 'leave' button.
URL: http://my.minitokyo.net/groups/

- Skins: I like to be able to choose skins created by other members to browse MT instead of the old 'blue' and 'white' skins (btw, I miss the white one). Besides the building of skins looks a lot easier that before and is better explained.
URL: http://my.minitokyo.net/skin/
URL: http://my.minitokyo.net/skinbuilder/

- Better HTML code: if you take a look at the HTML source for any page you'll find that it's now much cleaner. Maybe you haven't notice, but before every comment was writen twice in the HTML, one for actual displaying and the other for quoting.
Maybe the previous quoting system was easier that the one right now, but it also allow the page to load faster and save some bandwidth.

Of course I don't like all the changes (e.g.: the credit system looks confusing, or the avatars not showing at the GB posts) and not all the features are operational, but I think we have to give it some time.

Well thank you fellow member for your compliment about this thread and after reading your reply I must say that you really have good view and we both have lots of point in common especially about the Avatars!

Signature Image
Check My Gallery

hikarujm

hikarujm

FFVII's Fan

Quote by Rikimaru-jp...Well thank you fellow member for your compliment about this thread and after reading your reply I must say that you really have good view and we both have lots of point in common especially about the Avatars!

Nevermind, now, I have take a deepper look at the credits stuff and it doesn't look that bad... I mean, the cost for downloading a scan is proportional to it's filesize and it's not that high (the higher cost I've seen is a little more than 2 credits).
Besides I notice that downloding walls and doujinshii is cheaper than downloading scans, so maybe that will enforce more members to take into account other members works and not just scans.

Btw, it looks like Sheqel is working hard to fix the bugs, the site is much better today than it was yesterday. Keep the hard work Sheqel!

Tatsumi09

Tatsumi09

Seeker of Inner Peace

Well, for one the control page has lots of options, so more customizable.

You can actually pick the skin you want to use based on the creation of other people, which is really cool, especially for me who doesn't want to bother making skins for myself.

Credit system will increase the quality of the galleries and threads instead of just quality.

Credit system will be a turn off for spammers, especially since quantity posting doesn't give much credits from what I hear.

MT3 opens a whole new world of exploration, lots of new things to look forward too.

MT3 gives a better incentive of bringing people together in a community rather than just posting to gain level ups or leeching scans/wallpapers.

Well, It's MT3....sound much better than MT2. It's like a new generation of MT!

Hmmm....OK, I'm getting pointless now.
I first hated MT3 when I saw "credit system"....10 minutes later I think I'm beginning to like it.

MT seems to be much harder to use.. But I like that it loads faster, and that, well, it's new! I do think some things can be fixed though, like usability (or maybe its just me), and then it'll be much better.

Rikimaru-jp

Rikimaru-jp

Katon Karyu Endan

Quote by Tatsumi09Well, for one the control page has lots of options, so more customizable.

You can actually pick the skin you want to use based on the creation of other people, which is really cool, especially for me who doesn't want to bother making skins for myself.

Credit system will increase the quality of the galleries and threads instead of just quality.

Credit system will be a turn off for spammers, especially since quantity posting doesn't give much credits from what I hear.

MT3 opens a whole new world of exploration, lots of new things to look forward too.

MT3 gives a better incentive of bringing people together in a community rather than just posting to gain level ups or leeching scans/wallpapers.

Well, It's MT3....sound much better than MT2. It's like a new generation of MT!

Hmmm....OK, I'm getting pointless now.
I first hated MT3 when I saw "credit system"....10 minutes later I think I'm beginning to like it.

I agree with you in these points:
.... none XP

Signature Image
Check My Gallery

mitchell

mitchell

Dragonfly789

i like the control panel option.......its pretty cool! :)

Signature

Anime Currently Watching:- Haruhi Suzumiya - Dragonball Z - Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Games Currently Playing:- Final Fantasy IX/XIII - Star Ocean The Last Hope - Oblivion GOTY

Rikimaru-jp

Rikimaru-jp

Katon Karyu Endan

Quote by mitchelli like the control panel option.......its pretty cool! :)

You are right as I already said before the control panel makes our exploration much easier :) and a lot faster!

Signature Image
Check My Gallery

Bluearth

Bluearth

A Panda lover??

despite for the credits system it looks pretty for the panel n like some of the others who said the friendlist,hotlist and watchlist. And submitting messages are now more faster!

Join the Panda Lublub today! Check the following links for more info on mt!!
Upcoming news on credits system!! Guide to Mt3:Credits,browsing and moreGuide on making gallery commentsSignature Image

rituel

rituel

kLepToMAniaX Designs

It loads faster, and it's more systematic, making it easier to browse...

Rikimaru-jp

Rikimaru-jp

Katon Karyu Endan

I also wanna add something, that the announcement feature that has been added to the group control panel is really useful and really will make things easier when we're going to announce for contests :)

Signature Image
Check My Gallery

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

MT3.... I love MT3 hehehe :D

I think everything looks more organised now...
Font is bigger so people wont complaint about that anymore, though am fine with the small fonts >_>
No level means everybody is equal...
Credit system means people wont: flood the gallery, anyhow leech items and leave, contribute more to the community
Looks like there are more features, I love the fact that we could use MANY more skins now :)
And I think by the time it is out of beta version, they would get rid of all the bugs, and nicer icons, and I think I would love to have that...

Actually, I love MT3, no complaint except for all the bugs, and the non-existence of the report button XD

Signature

Rikimaru-jp

Rikimaru-jp

Katon Karyu Endan

Quote by tarerenMT3.... I love MT3 hehehe :D

I think everything looks more organised now...
Font is bigger so people wont complaint about that anymore, though am fine with the small fonts >_>
No level means everybody is equal...
Credit system means people wont: flood the gallery, anyhow leech items and leave, contribute more to the community
Looks like there are more features, I love the fact that we could use MANY more skins now :)
And I think by the time it is out of beta version, they would get rid of all the bugs, and nicer icons, and I think I would love to have that...

Actually, I love MT3, no complaint except for all the bugs, and the non-existence of the report button XD

well I just wanna comment on what you have said about the credits system!
personally I believe this will give a motive for newbies to flood the galleries and spam in order to receive credits!
anyway I hope that I'll be wrong about this point! but the credits system won't really solve the spam nor the leechers problem! at least before newbies had to become level 10 to download scans but now any newbie can download scans!
all they have to do spamming a little!

Signature Image
Check My Gallery

dezidez

dezidez

fanatic

i agree there is many possiblities...lol..yes...@_@...confusing at first but i guess i got use to it...eventually..and yea..it might get better

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

I don't know, I guess it cuts down on the bad things...

But I don't like the credits... they're too confusing... and I can't figure out the navigation... Oo;

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 59 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Comment

Replying as Warning: Undefined property: Authentication::$name in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/quick_reply.html on line 7

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.