Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 wats with the credits? - Minitokyo

wats with the credits?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

god it took me a long time to find out how to start a thread
i was keep on lookin at the bottom and not the side
and can anyone tell me what the credits for?

elessar007

elessar007

Scan Collector Extradonaire

Quote by SheqelI am hereby announcing the transition from Minitokyo 2 to Minitokyo 3; the latter being in the final stage of the beta phase.
Beta means that it is not a complete bug-free environment yet. Therefor the first thing I am going to announce is the Bugs Forum.
All bug reports should only be posted there. Not in this thread, anywhere else in the forum, not to any moderator by PM or IM. All bug reports
elsewhere are ignored. An extra note when reporting bugs is to look first if you bug hasn't been posted yet.

The Credits System

The level system has been replaced by a valuta system: credits. Certain actions will gain you credits (or even lose), which you can use to
upload into the gallery, or create groups. You can see your current amount of credits among other things in the upper left.
All formulae for gaining credits are private. You are not allowed to expose your current amount of credits within Minitokyo. This is to prevent the
'industralization' of finding exploits.
Credits are gained with a delay, and lost instantly: When you fulfill an action which gains you credit, you will not immediately receive that amount,
rather, you will get it gradually.
Losing credits, however, is instantly. For example, when you download something from the gallery that costs credit, you will instantly lose the required amount.

Browsing

The series browsing has been extended quite severely. This is actually the primary section now. When you want to submit a gallery item for example,
you will first need to go to the browse section to find the category you want to post your gallery item in.

The Gallery

A vector type has been added. The gallery is now more priviliged to the better skilled members of Minitokyo. Uploading something costs credits, depending on the
type of submission you are making, and the amount of friends you have in your watchlist.
In return for the 'lesser' wallpaper artists, the forum features a Sandbox: a forum where you can post WIPs or just any wall you made.
The requirements there are very low, and you also don't have to pay credits to post there. I really recommend everyone to use it. It will be a big relief for
members who always thought the gallery quality rules were to harsh.
The scan gallery requirements have also been quite high. To compensate for members who want to submit lower quality images, or just want to share
a collection of anime pictures, the forum also features a special forum to post imagery: the Anime Picture Dump. You can post any picture there, as long
as it adheres to the policy and features anime, manga or games. This forum is of course also free to submit in, unlike the scans gallery, which cost 1 credit
per scan submission.
Doujinshi submissions will be awarded in a multiplied fashion.

The Forum

A lot of new fora have been added. Among them are General talk for serious general topics, Chat Lounge for lesser serious topics, a number of fora dedicated
to anime, computers and life, and the earlier discussed Sandbox and Picture Dump. The forum is also the most carefree area of Minitokyo; one can't really go wrong here.

Reviews

Reviews now support screenshots and are better awarded.

My Minitokyo

This area of Minitokyo is fully dedicated to you. Here you can check your notifications, administrate private messages, edit your userpage, personal options, choose the skin
you would like to browse Minitokyo with or submit one for your userpage, and manage your groups.

Groups

A member can now only be an administrator of a maximum of four groups at any given time. Creating a group costs a decent amount of credits. Groups may be tradable in time.
Groups own their own subdomain too: e.g. http://moderators.minitokyo.net/

EDITED by keltosh:
- For freindlist, go under control panel -> my friends
- For avatars, only gif avatars are now allowed
- For credits: we won't reveal how to gain them

merged: 10-26-2005 ~ 10:41pm
I'll add a list here of what will be updated later, but it should really only be in the bug forum >_>

-Support
-Group Subpages and Group Control Panel (URL rewriting problem)
-Layout Issues, not critical though
-Notifications. They will probably be removed. Most fora do not have such a feature. Minitokyo does not need one.

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

Hmmm. I don't think I'm liking the sound of this. We can gain credits though I don't think spamming for them will get any one any. This has been set up similar to how Gaia online works. You post and participated in the forums or gallery with meaningfull results and you get gold for which to outfit you avatar with, only here you get credits to make gallery posts or download.

Only question is who decides what is worthy of getting credits?

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

RW

RW

Guardian of MT Laws

Quote by DuuzHmmm. I don't think I'm liking the sound of this. We can gain credits though I don't think spamming for them will get any one any. This has been set up similar to how Gaia online works. You post and participated in the forums or gallery with meaningfull results and you get gold for which to outfit you avatar with, only here you get credits to make gallery posts or download.

Only question is who decides what is worthy of getting credits?

Need to have another look Duuz , we'll loss credits with downloading and uploading , well not all uploading that is.

Quote by SheqelLosing credits, however, is instantly. For example, when you download something from the gallery that costs credit, you will instantly lose the required amount.
A vector type has been added. The gallery is now more priviliged to the better skilled members of Minitokyo. Uploading something costs credits, depending on the
type of submission you are making, and the amount of friends you have in your watchlist.?

Another good question is that why not just tell us which gives us credits W/P's or scans cause that we'll find out really fast .
Those members that have a large watchlist are going to make out like bandits , rite ? Well , one would think that is what is looks ~ sounds like what Sheqel said .

What's this about ~ The gallery is now more priviliged to the better skilled members of Minitokyo ~ I though MT was for everyone , not just for the few . And what gallery is it talking about ?

I'm just reading what Sheqel said .

Signature Image
FACTS Do Not Cease To Exist Just Because They Are IGNORED !!

drmechoy

drmechoy

"Ahm 'yer huckleberry..."

Sheqel mentioned a bug forum, has anyone found it yet, I've encountered some problems they might want to know about.

"Over here is a singularity I like to call; 'Rock', and here, is another one I'll call; 'Hard place', and Andromeda, is caught smack in the middle.".......(Shamus Harper, Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda)
"It's not Impossible, just...really unfair!!!".....(Trance Gemini, Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda)

xRedPhoenix

xRedPhoenix

Red Eclipse

Actully I rather like the notifications system.. if it's removed, Id check back here less often for fanmail and/or private messages.. How will we know if we don't click two buttons to get to our mails ?Im too lazy lol...

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Closed. ALready asked and answered in many places

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.