Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 questions for biologist - Minitokyo

questions for biologist

page 1 of 1 8 total items

i have a question tat i dont noe how to answer
how was homeostasis affected by McDonald's diet ( like taking too much sugar and fat)?

What kind of question is that? Um, well, I'm no biologist but I'll give the question a shot.

You're aware that the body's attempt to maintain homeostasis adjusts hunger and metabolism, driving a person who has lost weight to return to their pre-diet/ prior weight, for example. And McDonalds, as we know, isn't the healthiest thing to eat on a regular basis. If the body was to get used to taking up that much um... "unhealthy" substances, it could be very dangerous to the individual, but because your body isn't used to it, you'll get seriously sick because of your body's inability to maintain a lower, more regular level of sugar/ fat/ etc. intake. It's like an overload and if your body can't deal with it (can't maintain homeostasis), it breaks down...

There was this guy that attempted to eat nothing but McDonald's food for I don't remember how long, though I think that it was ninety days. There was a movie about it called "Super-Size Me." My school made us watch it...

@}>- "When nothing makes sense, I'll fight believing in myself."
|| Gundam Haven || Doujinshi Support Club || Deviants || Final Fantasy X/-2 || FLIP ||

Kyoo69

me -> Kyo`

Quote by zephrynThere was this guy that attempted to eat nothing but McDonald's food for I don't remember how long

If I'm correct it was a month, I'm not sure tho.

up up and away

Quote by Kyoo69

Quote by zephrynThere was this guy that attempted to eat nothing but McDonald's food for I don't remember how long

If I'm correct it was a month, I'm not sure tho.

Yup a month... according to the thread starter. That seems somewhat more reasonable anyway.

|| Gundam Haven || Doujinshi Support Club || Deviants || Final Fantasy X/-2 || FLIP ||

One month of only McDonalds? Ughh....

Quote by EnchanterOne month of only McDonalds? Ughh....

Haha, yeah... and he had rules too. He had to eat McDonalds for every meal (3 times a day), try each item on the menu at least once and (I think), if they asked if he wanted it supersized, he had to say yes.

I'm not sure if he finished all thirty days (did he? anyone know?)... though I remember his health being seriously messed up...

I fear what eating 3 McDonalds meal a day for one week can do to my health. I dare not entertain the thoughts of enduring a month of that...

Quote by zephryn

Quote by EnchanterOne month of only McDonalds? Ughh....

Haha, yeah... and he had rules too. He had to eat McDonalds for every meal (3 times a day), try each item on the menu at least once and (I think), if they asked if he wanted it supersized, he had to say yes.

I'm not sure if he finished all thirty days (did he? anyone know?)... though I remember his health being seriously messed up...[/quote

yep he really completed it in 30 days but he got back to regular in 1 year ]

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Comment

Replying as Warning: Undefined property: Authentication::$name in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/quick_reply.html on line 7

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.