Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Byakuya Wall - Minitokyo

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 15 total items

erm..i done this quite some days ago!
dun dare to summit in the gellery! so just post here!
i wish i din post in the wrong place! ="=
if i did pls tell me! ="= :(

Here
version 2
version 3
version 4

ps: i had try few changes! which is better?! ="= or all are sucks!? pls choose for me! i cant make decision!

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

The wall is pretty neat ^^ Considering its a Byakuya wall though, I'd say maybe he's a little overpowered by the red shape on the left..? (And regarding that shape too, I see these stain-like areas near the edges of it - not sure what they are, but I think they distract from the shape's integrity..)

I think perhaps you can play a little more with the composition and the shapes. I imagine it can be even better. Hm, Byakuya looks nice in a suit :)

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

*jumps straight into the wallpaper*

He's too unclearly defined and scaled too small for the wallpaper. The colours are a little bright for me... my screen isn't bright... but these colours are really saturated >_< maybe lower the brightness or contrast a bit, and the quality must be improved because of that grainy pixelation stuff around those leaves. Otherwise the pop art effects are good :) And interesting :D

Note: if you want to define him better I think you should either outline him or something... he's too soft and dissolves in the side... I would usually say for something like this the scan is far too small ... either that or it's placed in the wrong position if you know what I mean :)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

i'm trying too improve my "critical analysis" for my art course, so don't be too offended. ^^"

i like the composition circle in the middle, but it's too bright. byakuya is so upstaged. he needs too be much bigger and needs to be in a darker colour. i kinda understand your bright warm happy colour scheme but it's a bit too overpowering and people wouldn't want that for their desktop. personally, i would add a solid colour overlay to it, of a green for this one, just to tune down the saturation.

my next complaint would be the pixelation. i hate it when great vectors like yours are destroyed through .jpeg compression. don't worry about the file size too much, just make sure your file looks good! i'm think at least 60% quality. and me being a font freak would just like to say that your text is too grungy for the techno-popart-japanesey look you're going for. i would suggest a sans-serif font [e.g. Arial] for one, or at least one with clean lines.

that's all for now. and do remember that your work is really great, and i hope i've helped! ^______^ i'm glad you have the courage to post here.

Signature Image
latest wall::feathers and such [Kingdom Hearts II]; previous wall::samurai poses [Samurai Champloo];
proud member of::The UnderAppreciated; Bleach; ChrnoCrusade; Journey-To-The-West; Silver-Rhythm;

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Hmm I totally agree with what kakistubata said. It is a little oversaturated and you need to improve the image quality. Usually 85% quality yealds perfect results. Be sure to flatten the image before saving it. I don't know why but that saves quite some space usually. (flatten a backup psd file :P not the original one. So that you can eventually keep using it). Also the font need some work. ANd maybe you could try to find some more original leaves, if possible

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

Tokitoh

Tokitoh

onmyoji

Uh... um, I read what other people said and I totally agree with them, but... what do the circles have to do with Byakuya? 0__o What's the concept? As for the dude himself (I don't really like him in the series so please don't be offended) - it's good that you can't actually see him. Hahaha. ^^'

Signature

I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on ebay.

wow~~thanks! thanks!
thanks for the all comment!
i will consider it!
hmm~i think i have to redo the whole thing! ^^

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Hmmmm, I think you saved your work in low quality, that is why the wallpaper looks kinda... blurred >_<

Anyway, onto the wall... I think Byakuya is scaled too small for the wall... I mean, you would wanna focus the wall on Byakuya right? Not on the logo on the left (which immediately shift my attention to it rather than Byakuya himself) ... yeah, I think the logo upstaged him TOTALLY...

I guess the vector circles art works quite well in the wall, but I think putting them to one side kinda destroy the balance of the wall... not to mention that the line at the top looks quite unfitting IMO...
I think you are looking for a techno-jap-art kinda wall, but this looks kinda mixed up... so maybe you would want to tone down the techno side a bit...

And I agree with kakitsubata, the font doesnt suit the wall... you should look for a more techno-ish font ^^

I hope this helps (and I hope this is not too late for me to comment :D)

Signature

tian82

tian82

-Lovely-

I like the colour of the wallpaper. Look so cool. Agree with kakitsubasa, the font not really that suit. But I like the circle a lots. Like some chinese culture`s stuff. Good work.

-Sweet Cotton Candy-
Signature

akazookin

akazookin

Okinawan doughnut

hmm..i guess the guy needs to be slightly bigger :)
and i like the colour of the wallie..veri cheery colour..gomen ne..but it's a lil too bright XD XD
maybe u can tone down a lil ne..
i really like the circles u done! *claps* hehe gives a veri oriental feel..nice ^^v

well then..continue to improve ne! kanbate~! "O(^^)O''

Signature

tian82

tian82

-Lovely-

Another version at here ! Look cool but why put in black and white colour. If can put some colour on it. Will look more nice and attractive too. For me, I will prefer the version 2. Nice work, my friend.

-Sweet Cotton Candy-
Signature

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Okay, I see the new versions, ...

I think I like the older version color scheme better.. if am not wrong it was orange,red,yellow coloring right? It is certainly better than black-white plus the brownish-creme color... but out of the 3 versions, I like the coloring of the 3rd one better :)
I see that you have managed to put Byakuya a little bigger, and I think it has improved the wall ;)
This is just my opinion, but the lines and the circle thing doesnt seem to compliment each other... maybe that was because the circle thing also has definite lines.. uummm, how should I say this, I mean, maybe something more 'undefined' and messy such as kanji writing as pattern of the window would be better than simply lines that seem to clash with the lines on top and bottom of the wall.. I hope you get me here.. (oh, and for the third version, I think the outer circle should have color that is different than the background of the wall, cos it looks kinda weird now to me..)
Ugh, I still do not quite like the font used here.. and the text is way too big for the wall >_<

Okay, my brain doesnt seem to be working tonight, maybe I should leave it at that... hope that helps (i doubt it would..)

Signature

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

Hmm, I can't see it. Use imageshack.

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

**ON VERSION 4**

Hi I got your gbook entry :)

I think the problem with this is how he's so suave in a suit and the background is traditional- does that make any sense? And the font your used is also modern.

I think if you just got rid of the circle, or got another kind of circle window and put a cityscape out there I think that would look mad.

I also think that a circle might not be too suiting for him because he's so thin and a circle is fat >_>

Indeed, many skinny tall buildings like him would compliment him much more :P
Black and white wallpapers are generally hard to do, but I do like how you did this. The font still needs to be a bit smaller though, and away from just the bottom- well it depends what you put on the left, but overall you are pretty good at putting it somewhere that's not cluttered ^.^

My suggestion is just changing that circle into another shape and turning it into something modern- it just didn't strike me as that when I saw the first version beause the circles at the bottom were so pop art and modern it didn't hit me that the window was traditional :)

I hope that helps a bit- this version though is a great improvement since the beginning one :)

<3 Kudos!

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

akazookin

akazookin

Okinawan doughnut

yay! new versions! love the 3rd verion! XD XD veri nice..but i still like the first one! muahaha lol
well..hm i think the fourth version has too much black in it..gomen ne! dont hate me! >_<
but i like the oriental circle hehehe

kanbate ne kas-chan! "O(^^)O"

Signature

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.