Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Animepaper? - Minitokyo

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 35 total items

Mrchak

Mrchak

Welcome to Oblivion

OK i can see that many ppl here are members of animepaper too but they rant on how expencive it is as i recall someone said "you have to pay 50 papers for a scan" that is FREE! you only have to post 3 times, you have to SPAM 3 times to get 50 papers so you get them pretty easily i dont know what the fuss is about. MT isnt that bad you dont have to pay for the wallpapers atleast and the scans are 25-50 papers thats 3-5 spams! Well i guess the leachers cant even spam 3 times to get a scan now can they ...

And these walls on MT arent expencive either only 0.155 credits... The only problem is we still dont really know how to gain them exept giving a cool wall to the commutnity... I think we can gain them by making a thread and receive posts on that thread but i dont know... this credit stuff is going really slow but it is fast enough you dont need many credits to download stuff so for now everything is ok i think...

My oppinion on "paying" stuff on Animepaper and MiniTokyo is: Its not expencive... its just that you really dont have to download everything that comes in your path... i mean screen... :hmpf:

Captain of the 1st devision in [MicroTokyo] group

Dioma

Dioma

F*** off

There's one big difference. You know how to get paper on AP but I haven't seen a post which would tell how to get credits :s

chrno

chrno

sometimes it hurts..

Minitokyo will be worse as Animepaper soon..... I tell you! -__-
Credits are even fucking upped as papers....

[ it's getting worse and worse and worse.... ]

Moderator of [ Celestia ] and [ German-Members ] | Member of [ Ilvalthia ] and [ Hispanime ]

Rikimaru-jp

Rikimaru-jp

Katon Karyu Endan

Quote by DiomaThere's one big difference. You know how to get paper on AP but I haven't seen a post which would tell how to get credits :s

Oh come on it's Sooo obvious how to gain credits here jeez it's the same way how you used to gain level up!

*~* It's Not Who I Am Underneath, But What I Do That Defines Me *~*
Signature Image
Check My Gallery

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Quote by DiomaThere's one big difference. You know how to get paper on AP but I haven't seen a post which would tell how to get credits :s

Well they already said they won't tell you how you will credit up
*cough* that sounds almost the same as levelling up.

I agree completely Mrchak. People should stop being so stingy and go with the flow. People are talking about credits like as if they are real money or something and even use terms like "being charged" ... might as well add in terminology like "over priced" "cheap" and "rip off" or even to the extreme "I demand customer service"... or "bargaining".

Come on people. Minitokyo is not about levels and credit points!

There's too much fun out there in life to care about these kind of things man... like I mean there is so much more stuff to enjoy.

Why be a miser/ be miserable when you can just sit back and just participate and grow to make friends with these people? I know I have made friends from all over the world since I have joined.

That's something money can't buy.

$___$ <-- wipe that look off your faces :o

XD

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Yureika

Yureika

[.: L!ve tHe FulLe$t :.]

nnnooo ! i miss the old version of mt....i mean all the level...its kinda cool u know ....than this stupid credits....why ..?! why?! why do they have to make it like ap?! i dont like that site because of credits and NOW my fav site is making creadits too ! why?!
ah.......:'(

Mrchak

Mrchak

Welcome to Oblivion

Quote by Rikimaru-jp

Oh come on it's Sooo obvious how to gain credits here jeez it's the same way how you used to gain level up!

I agree with rikimaru the posting thing is not going to give you a lot of credits like it was with exp... So basicly you muxt create some cool walls to get many or provide high quality scans...

Well this mt3 thingy has just started and we dont have ONLY high quality walls or scans... I dont know why ppl hate AP and say its worse than MT its pretty much the same only the methods are different. On AP was "make 3 posts and get a scan you want"... I dont think that this credit thing is gonna be complicated i dont even have on what to spend them on...

EDIT: You dont have to be scared of the credits i think you will always have enough if you dont download everything that is in your path! I really rarely download anything!

The only thing that everyone is really confused about is the navigation... But i believe that the admins and mods are not stupid so they will fix those thing... I think that mt is comming back to normal exept the only new thing is the credit system.

The thing is simple be active and you will receive credits to continue your uncontrollable leeching ^^

llxcharlenexll

llxcharlenexll

Love Me For Me

but the differences between level and credit is u can lose credits and it is the same as level up if u wanna gain credit i tried posting forums etc i downloaded 2 wallpapers and it was like 79.3558 now back to 80.09 so its the same way but just u can lose credit..which is kinda sucky

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Quote by Yureikannnooo ! i miss the old version of mt....i mean all the level...its kinda cool u know ....than this stupid credits....why ..?! why?! why do they have to make it like ap?! i dont like that site because of credits and NOW my fav site is making creadits too ! why?!

That's the problem. Because people want power. That's not fair. In a community everyone's meant to be equal. As a result many people who are excellent at walling or at art who are overlooked have lower levels and are looked down upon by those others who might have been soaring because of an ecchi wall or something.

This system is a lot fairer. I suggest being calm.
In the end you'll end up probably laughing at why you even complained in the first place... I've never heard anyone complain at neopets >_> and that's a popular net placey

Signature
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

[guest appearence mode on]

They hate AP because they can't leech as much as they want without having to give a contribute. And you know what, I thank them for that, that way idiots stay away from AP and I have less work to do as a mod. :P

[guest appearence mode off]

Mrchak

Mrchak

Welcome to Oblivion

Quote by kuroimisa

Quote by Yureikannnooo ! i miss the old version of mt....i mean all the level...its kinda cool u know ....than this stupid credits....why ..?! why?! why do they have to make it like ap?! i dont like that site because of credits and NOW my fav site is making creadits too ! why?!

That's the problem. Because people want power. That's not fair. In a community everyone's meant to be equal. As a result many people who are excellent at walling or at art who are overlooked have lower levels and are looked down upon by those others who might have been soaring because of an ecchi wall or something.

This system is a lot fairer. I suggest being calm.
In the end you'll end up probably laughing at why you even complained in the first place... I've never heard anyone complain at neopets >_> and that's a popular net placey

Well i think that with the credits we are equal now since you musnt reveal how much credit you have and no one will look down on you... The only thing you should be consirned about is not to spend them as a maniak... I wasnt a high level member (LVL36) but i could still have fun making userpages and doing some comunity service...

Its the same as on AP, no one will look down on you just because you have less papers than they have coz you can spend them and earn them again... New members on AP have already got used to the AP system and posting like anyone here... Just plain normal... I spend a lot of time on MT and AP doing userpages coz i like that and not to gain credits or level... Thats just pathetic... You dont have to have lots and lots of papers and credits to be The Man, you need your personality and sometimes skills... My friend kenshin-kun is a new member on MT but he has high skills so in my eyes he is The Man (and he is not a high lvl member)...

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Quote by MrchakWell i think that with the credits we are equal now since you musnt reveal how much credit you have and no one will look down on you... The only thing you should be consirned about is not to spend them as a maniak... I wasnt a high level member (LVL36) but i could still have fun making userpages and doing some comunity service...

Its the same as on AP, no one will look down on you just because you have less papers than they have coz you can spend them and earn them again... New members on AP have already got used to the AP system and posting like anyone here... Just plain normal... I spend a lot of time on MT and AP doing userpages coz i like that and not to gain credits or level... Thats just pathetic... You dont have to have lots and lots of papers and credits to be The Man, you need your personality and sometimes skills... My friend kenshin-kun is a new member on MT but he has high skills so in my eyes he is The Man (and he is not a high lvl member)...

That's the way I feel about this thing as well. I was never that high of a level either. I was level 69, submitted 22 gallery items (actually more like 30+ but I cleared out my gallery) and I received on average 20 odd faves for each submission. Most of my levels came from posting, because every wallpaper I made only gave me about one level. Since you level up faster at a younger stage I guess about 30 or so levels were from gallery items. The rest were gained through typing up reviews and comments.

I agree with that- no looking down on others. Like in neopets (i'm sorry for using neopets as an example... that's the only site I've been to which has a similar system I've been to... never visited AP before)- everyone knows the points can be earned.

And not to be mean or anything, I felt that there were some peopel in the old system who were only trying to get those faves and all those comments and to gain the levels... and were a bit preppy about it... not that they were... I feel the aura... but that's just me... I imagine a lot of things.

Here I feel everything's nice and clean. You don't depend on a large friendslist and you don't have a larger voice than someone else. That's truly a better setting, I think.

Signature

trinigirl524

trinigirl524

WeST iNDee

Quote by Rikimaru-jp

yeah it is pretty much the same as leveling up.
and i agree that AP isnt bad at all, and the new credits system will help stop all the dang leaching and make people think twice about it.
besides since no one knows how much credits you have, no competition on who has the most. besides the leveling system was in a way a competition to who has the highest level and blah blah.
anyways since the 'competitiveness' is out of the way, the only problem is maintaining your credits. stay an active member and there shouldnt realy be a problem with that.

Signature Image
:::COLORFULL WALLIES!:::Free--wallers:::
Currently Taking Music Code Requests
Feel free to PM or go to my page for more details

omni

omni

Hostile But Cuddly

You seem to get about .5 credits for every decent post you make, or something to that effect...

Actually, I have no idea, but I have .5 more credits every time I come back on after a couple of hours away...

<<;

So probably not.

I just submitted a wallpaper... curious to see how many credits that gives me.

merged: 10-28-2005 ~ 05:59am
Oh, and you got 5 credits for every level you had previously.

Just to let those not already in the know know.

Signature ImageM. G. C. S.
No. 6, this time in desktop form.
God, I'm interesting.

akazookin

akazookin

Okinawan doughnut

Quote by trinigirl524

Quote by Rikimaru-jp[quo(...) one big difference. You know how to get paper on AP but I haven't seen a post which would tell how to get credits :s

yeah it is pretty much the same as leveling up.
and i agree that AP isnt bad at all, and the new credits system will help stop all the dang leaching and make people think twice about it.
besides since no one knows how much credits you have, no competition on who has the most. besides the leveling system was in a way a competition to who has the highest level and blah blah.
anyways since the 'competitiveness' is out of the way, the only problem is maintaining your credits. stay an active member and there shouldnt realy be a problem with that.

yup i agree with that :)
dont let the credit thingy bother u guys :)
jus do what u always do in MT and have fun ^^v
some of the features are still here..it's onli the new layout, configurations and the credit system implemented..(althou i'm still trying to get the hang of it) -_-

anyways..i hope everyone stays happy aight! XD u still got friends around~ X3

Signature

It IS different.. I believe you could gain levels by posting stuff in the old MT? But now you lose credits? I understand the trying to block out the 'lower quality' items but if MT wants to stay a good community, blocking out these 'lower quality' stuff could hurt that in the long run as it somehow creates a sense of elitism. At least for me.

Yeah just my thoughts I could be wrong.

k-li

k-li

Magical Girl ^_^

I am in two minds about this; on the one hand, it's fair on people who contribute a lot to be able to get things that other people can't .... but what about members who don't have anything to contribute? Not everyone can draw/make wallpapers/scan things in... and a lot of people (like me) don't have the time to become an active member of the forum and so won't "contribute" by posting. I post every now and again on a particular submission which I love, and add them to my favourites, but not enough to say I'm contributing!

The charging to submit scans thing is just insane; I'm sorry but it is. You want people to effectively "pay" to submit one of the main things that this community is about? (I know it's not money, nor do I think of it as such, but surely people shouldn't have to lose out just because they are wanting to contribute! Why not keep with the old way - people lose points/levels/whatever if their items are deleated from the gallery, not if they submit?)

Anyway that is all.... In my opinion this isn't the best move ever....

Although I must say I much prefer this new layout/navigation system!

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

actually i m wondering how do i organize the friendlist thingy, i can't seem to work it out....?
the credit system is good, at least now for people like me who make meaning ful discussions don't have to be dissed and given pissed replys like "yeah" or a bunch of smilies and dots....at least they have the sensible mine to implement a no spamming system.
thank MT3 for having that and anime paper doesnt.
now that i say that, i guess i will make a place down at AP and see how goes.
good thing this is a non=profit site, just imagine we all here saying AP this and AP that, it be flaming!
oh well, ye all keep your veins inside ok, don't blow them, give or take a week for the jetlag after the supersonice change, the nausea will go away, u will love this place...just finE! *million dollar smile*

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

I dont get it, why would you go over to AP when they have a even worse system than here?
There you need to pay 50 papers to d/l one scan! The "cost" here is so low its ridicolous - and yet AP is better? The choice to go over to AP is really contradicting.

Its like : Hey this place has started to sell toys. I dont like toys. Therefor I will go to AP who sells more expensive toys.

Does anybody see my point?

No, Im staying here - even with all these changes, nothing beats Minitokyo.

Mrchak

Mrchak

Welcome to Oblivion

Quote by Sumomo-I dont get it, why would you go over to AP when they have a even worse system than here?
There you need to pay 50 papers to d/l one scan! The "cost" here is so low its ridicolous - and yet AP is better? The choice to go over to AP is really contradicting.

Its like : Hey this place has started to sell toys. I dont like toys. Therefor I will go to AP who sells more expensive toys.

Does anybody see my point?

No, Im staying here - even with all these changes, nothing beats Minitokyo.

I am sorry to say this to you but you are wrong its not expencive did you even read the posts above?
Here you dont get a lot of credits for 3 posts on MT but for 3 posts on AP you can get a scan that you want... So its "cheaper"
I like MT and AP
Now when i think about it this credit thing is cool coz now we can see who the real leechers are: The ones that dont want to "pay" and download "for free"...

If its not expencive then my point is nonetheless valid.
Cause its not expencive here either.

And still, people say they dont like the credit thing and wants to go over to AP, its still the same thing! Papers= credits!
So why even go another place when its just the same stuff anyways?

Only better about MT is that it costs to submit, which in turn means MORE quality, LESS spammers and LESS work for mods.
They dont have that in AP.

dianas

dianas

WE ARE OF PEACE ALWAYS

you want to know my experience with Animepaper..
lets see i know this site for some time..and i have made an id there too
anyway i wanted to upload 2 wallies that i have here on MT too..and one of my best..i du not understand why the wallies did not upload well..
so of course they did delete them
and i did have 0 credits and now i have -94 credites ~_~
i have decided to not be an activ member there because i du not like theyr sistem
and now MT is the same thing..how do you all think that i will react..and now if you have to many friends in your FL you lose more credits...

When life gives you lemons - make a lemonade XD
Creator of: BW-TB-:-C-sW
<--visit us--> Our world is based on attractioN

Mrchak

Mrchak

Welcome to Oblivion

@ SUMOMO yeah i agree to that to lose credits ^^ i think thats a cool idea coz you will earn them again if your wall is good ^^
@ DIANAS this is connected to the comment for sumomo... Dianas-chan i support you but your walls will not get deleted here so dont worry ^^ they are awesome ^^ but there are members in the old mt that didnt get recognition for their walls that are maybe even better then the ones that are on the fav section... Why is that? Well this is how it is:

1. You make a wall.
2. You submit the wall.
3. You have a lot of friends.
4. A lot of friends get a lot of notifications.
5. A lot of friends comment the wall.
6. Half of them put it as a fav.
7. The wall gets to the fav section.

That is not right... ^^'

Quote by Sumomo-Only better about MT is that it costs to submit, which in turn means MORE quality, LESS spammers and LESS work for mods.
They dont have that in AP.

More quality? AP has that since a long time ago.
Less spammers? AP has that since a long time ago.
Less work for mods? I believe AP has that a long time ago.

MTv2 didn't have all these 3 items.

AP doesn't need to impose any cost for uploading to get quality wallpapers. People lose papers when their wallpaper submissions get rejected is because they do not want to gauge their wallpaper quality in the Session Zero (Sandbox in MT3) subforum first. It's a better system than letting crap into the Gallery and then deleting them a few weeks later by [Bot]chii. And losing 100 papers is much less painful than losing 8+ levels..

I once lost 300 papers (actually it was 2 or 3 weeks ago) due to uploading crap (I was new and didn't have the common sense to read the FAQ like other noobs) but I am able to recover those lost papers with a lot of extras by being active and posting REAL (meaning non-spam) replies.

Just because a wallpaper gets many favs and "cool!" replies doesn't mean it's a decent wallpaper.

So I don't see how the new credit system can be a bad thing for MT. Maybe after this new system has settled down comfortably, MT3 might outshine MT2.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 35 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Comment

Replying as Warning: Undefined property: Authentication::$name in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/quick_reply.html on line 7

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.