Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 About gaining and spending credits in Minitokyo v3 - Minitokyo

About gaining and spending credits in Minitokyo v3

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 170 total items

drmechoy

drmechoy

"Ahm 'yer huckleberry..."

The biggest drawback I can see in this new system is that we may see an increasing number of GOOD artists posting exclusively in the sandbox and other free areas, and simply ignoring the advanced galleries. This may occur because they may have been deleted or snubbed in the past, or they fell prey to a glitch in the system that went unresolved...say, every time someone downloaded their image they lost credit instead of gaining. Or they may do it in protest of the credit system...or whatever. The point is, the system could theoreticaly fail due to lack of involvement.

"Over here is a singularity I like to call; 'Rock', and here, is another one I'll call; 'Hard place', and Andromeda, is caught smack in the middle.".......(Shamus Harper, Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda)
"It's not Impossible, just...really unfair!!!".....(Trance Gemini, Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda)

the credits system seems good, I haven't check out the scan sections yet.

I hope it won't require something like lvl10+ to able to download it.

and the new links are a bit confusing, now I'm a bit lost at looking for stuffs LOL!

EternalBlue

EternalBlue

Crystal Eternity

There's plenty of ways to contribute to the site. The whole point of the credit system is to limit bandwidth usage and icrease member cotribution, as has been said countless times. If you actually put some effort into contributing(anything, replying to posts, leaving critiques on submissions, etc) then you shouldn't have any problems with the credit system. Personally, I've gained quite a few more credits than I've spent already xD

Yodelforcookie

Yodelforcookie

As days go by...

I'm loving minitokyo v3! The credit system probably could use some work, and have more purpose, but the basis of it is fair. I like that idea.

I can't wait to see the finished site! Thanks for the update, Keltosh!

"Man created an acid rain that now washes away the sandcastles he built.
...or perhaps he needed it to wash away... all his deeply hidden secrets..."

here me again!

I just downloaded a scan, it cost around 400 credits.

now, for a guy like me who can't submit self-made wallpapers, how could I keept up with this usage?

I mean how much credits could I gain from each post? a few credits?

That means I have to post 100 times just to download 1 wallpaper <,<

that's kinda gone too far don't u think?

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

i have a suggestion:

someone mentioned to me that by browsing, through of which the full quality is unseen, you can also lose credits, that is a little unfair.
the reason is:
(for wallers like me)

i lose credit for downloading a scan which was poor, and i am not satisfied, i purchased by looking at the thumbnail and resolution, which isn't always the case ensured for quality scans. (the reason is of course, there are great scans by Nuriko that is just 300 kb, but there are some ok scans that are more than 500kb!)

I also have the issue which in this case:
i contributed my new artwork, but i am charged because of my friendlist and watchlist people, there are many....(i got 70 something of them...so do i get charged that much?)
I end up losing more instead of gaining! (however good making that people here now have more meaningful contributions, but they are not fully rewarded.)
this problem can be settled provided the ratio for exchange is upped for submitting the artwork (indy art). Hopefully this can be done.

Quote by gilion

Quote by Keltosh
The main reason for the credit system was to avoid horrible problems like indiscriminate leeching, friendlist whoring and spamming.

In minitokyo 3 spamming will not help you increase your credit balance. Quality contribution will determine that.

I understand that MT is a wall artists community, but now it will become a community only for them. It seems to me that if you are not an artist you are not welcome. Fine, I can understand your point of view. The reason why I didn't submitted nothing till now is that I didn't want to see my work be deleted for insufficient quality. My work are not as "sugoi" as most of walls that I usually D/L. Skashi, in the previous MT I was able to watch them, and I left a comment only if I thought it was useful. What can I say if I think that this wall is perfectly done? "Cool, I like it, you're the best again". I abhor these kind of comments. The sandbox - I think this will be useful: after seeing work-in-progress walls, maybe I can finally leave some tecnic opinions. I think that is the most important thing to do to increase my credit.
I understand that the credit system will limit leeching and friendlist whoring, but about spamming... I think that is the opposite! If I think about a way to stop spamming the only solution I can get is that thread starters and wall submitters would value the posts and replies. If they think that they were useful, then their credit will increase.
Am I out of the world or is there someone who thinks like me?

as for your comment. i think it is ok, basically if you are a non-active member, you remain still, when you are active, your contributions matter.
i belive this will inspire you personally to be more contributing as you are in the community. so why not!
As for the value of the contribution, i think it is ok, but that makes this site not so userfriendly aint it. gonna be taking more time for me to make value marks and whats not when making threads.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

I like this set up a lot. It really helps those who are new to this place too.

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Quote by NejiYshokahere me again!

now, for a guy like me who can't submit self-made wallpapers, how could I keept up with this usage?

It is simply impossible cause
1) you don't have that many credits
2) no scan can cost that much

Lying in this thread is really dumb you know.....

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

i have one question. if you are like me and don't do walls/scans for whatever reason can you still earn here?

drmechoy

drmechoy

"Ahm 'yer huckleberry..."

...Er...why did my last post...eh...disappear?

merged: 10-28-2005 ~ 12:45am

Quote by blueknighti have one question. if you are like me and don't do walls/scans for whatever reason can you still earn here?

You can but apparently it will be at a slower rate.

"Over here is a singularity I like to call; 'Rock', and here, is another one I'll call; 'Hard place', and Andromeda, is caught smack in the middle.".......(Shamus Harper, Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda)
"It's not Impossible, just...really unfair!!!".....(Trance Gemini, Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda)

-_- This is basicly another AnimePaper except you have credit instead of there credit they call paper.

I prefer the old system, it was fun submitting things and going up another level, its kinda like playing a game except you dont abuse it by submitting crap. I miss all the statistics stuff too, but I guess its too late to complain now, the worst has happen and theres nothing my complaining can do anyways.

Originally when I joined here I found the leveling annoying and so I never came back until like months later and decided to contribute here, after a while it was good and fun comparing your levels against others. I first thought when I reached Level 10 there was a limit to downloading scans but i soon discovered there wasnt. Anyways, I was so close to reaching level 14 and now I feel ripped off, I feel like a common pawn, we're all equal and thats boring.

Anyways, the only good side about this site is the credits dont take as much effort as it is to get anywhere on animepaper.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Helping him on his way to world domination.

Oh man! This is gonna give me some nerve. I've only join for awhile, and there is new system. It's gonna take me for awhile to download some stuff.

Quote by Keltosh

It is simply impossible cause
1) you don't have that many credits
2) no scan can cost that much

Lying in this thread is really dumb you know.....

uh..? i download 10 scans and i lost 13.00 ? that is supposed to be a lie ? (arround 1.000 per scan..(well lets be exactly . 8 scan and 2 walls )

frustration,friendly,envy,emptiness, unhapyness,unbrearable,Love,hatred, agony,dark,lonely,and in pain
you can all die..nobody cares.i'll enjoy

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

one question.

Quote:
Submitting indy art and wallpapers: variable cost, depending on friendlist size. This is to avoid friendlist whoring. This will ensure that members only post quality submissions. For anything else, use the sandbox forum or the anime pic dump.

it depends on frenslist rite? so how does it depends? more frens more credit or less?

cloud-sama

cloud-sama

The Dark Lord

thanks that helps me alot :) thanks for the info

This world shall burn in the fires of hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RurouniXKenshin

RurouniXKenshin

Seasons Greetings!!

I dont get it. Why does everyone wonder about the credits. Its like money. If you have 5-2=3. Easy as that. I understanded it in the first 5 second I saw MT3.

Signature Image
Your scars will remind you that the past was real.

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

can you post the URL of the scan that costs 400 credits to download?

Quote by drmechoy...Er...why did my last post...eh...disappear?

merged: 10-28-2005 ~ 12:45am

Quote by blueknighti have one question. if you are like me and don't do walls/scans for whatever reason can you still earn here?

You can but apparently it will be at a slower rate.

yup i just noticed i got a half credit. :hmpf: with some fine tuning this system may turn out well

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

Well at first I didn't want to believe there are small bugs in the credit system but now i'm in doubt seemingly I lost around ~ 3 credits on a scan that should have cost me .5xxxxxx

Are we dutch people getting extra taxes ? :P

Maybe I got it wrong but still meh ?

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

anji

anji

Retired waller

Keep it up with browsing the site and all the new options.
My watchlist is also a good place to gain credits, I really like this new section by the way, very usefull and it will be interesting to read others watchlist :)

Administrator of ~ French-Tribu

Do higher level member start with a higher number of credits?

Kabura

Kabura

"The Hedgehog's Dilemma"

God! I totaly agree with chaossnake !
The credits system is quite unfair!
Why did you do it?
what's wrong on having unlimited downloading?
do we hurt somebody?
I mean, I'm a low-activity member (I dont affort any wallpaper or scan to Minitokyo) so, How am I supposed to win credits?
that's such a waste!
Won't you get back to the old days when we could download all the wallpapers we wanted?
Please! don't be so mean!

Thank you Farewell, My Master.
Signature
"It was nice for a while but it's time to say bye"
Administrator of: Ignore the others! -Nocturnal-MTs Moderator of: Ice-and-Snow Member of: Whatever - Hana Kimi love - BrokenWings-TrinityBlood - GetBackers - MAAC - Petzilla

sukie

sukie

IT'S WAY BETTER THAN YOURS!

thank you! ...after reading this...i've desided that Mt3 isn't that bad! =D i should have give this credit sysytem i chancei guess! =P
thanks alot!

Please visit my BLOG @ [url]www.jaded.ever-falling.net[/url]
[url]www.jaded.ever-falling.netSignature Image[/url]

ultimate540

ultimate540

Innocence Fleeting

Quote by gilion

Quote by Keltosh
The main reason for the credit system was to avoid horrible problems like indiscriminate leeching, friendlist whoring and spamming.

In minitokyo 3 spamming will not help you increase your credit balance. Quality contribution will determine that.

I understand that MT is a wall artists community, but now it will become a community only for them. It seems to me that if you are not an artist you are not welcome. Fine, I can understand your point of view. The reason why I didn't submitted nothing till now is that I didn't want to see my work be deleted for insufficient quality. My work are not as "sugoi" as most of walls that I usually D/L. Skashi, in the previous MT I was able to watch them, and I left a comment only if I thought it was useful. What can I say if I think that this wall is perfectly done? "Cool, I like it, you're the best again". I abhor these kind of comments. The sandbox - I think this will be useful: after seeing work-in-progress walls, maybe I can finally leave some tecnic opinions. I think that is the most important thing to do to increase my credit.
I understand that the credit system will limit leeching and friendlist whoring, but about spamming... I think that is the opposite! If I think about a way to stop spamming the only solution I can get is that thread starters and wall submitters would value the posts and replies. If they think that they were useful, then their credit will increase.
Am I out of the world or is there someone who thinks like me?

Don't worry...I agree with you. Personally, I enjoy minitokyo, because of the anime aspects (such as discussing episodes or characters on forums), as well as the wallpaper that members make, which is quite often amazing. I'm not a wallpaper maker myself. I own photoshop (well...I have photoshop lol) and I've found it fun to fool around with, but I don't really have the talents to make great wallpaper. If playing around in the forums, say writing a poem or two every so often, making a few comments on people's wallpapers (sugggestions etc.) won't fufill the requirements of gaining credits to download walls that you admire...doesn't this seem problematic...or am I wrong?

page 2 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 170 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.